My opinions on Queendom 2 Episode 1 stages (1 Viewer)

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,286
Reactions Received
76,675
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,035
Ship
Wreck
Didn't want to do a ranking because it's only half of the performances but I also am going to forget my initial thoughts on the 1st episode performances if I leave it till the next episode so gave it 24 hours before posting something.

Going to put it in a spoiler tag in case anyone hasn't seen it and I'll be going into detail so I'd watch the performances first which I'll put my opinion underneath the video of the performance.



Initially I had reservations about another soloist being on Queendom as while I think some of Boms performances from Queendom 1 were nice however I feel like she just couldn't match up the groups that showed their strengths in their performances and it didn't help that Hyolyns opening performance left me slightly disappointed.

Her hit performance I had very little issue with on the other hand as she managed to really bring Touch My Body to life in a lively and energetic stage that was even to get into even if she was having to cover for Bora, Dasom and Soyou on top of doing her own parts but she still kept it engaging throughout.

The main point of contention I had was not feeling that the dance break flowed fully with the song however I do think you could fit a dance break there so I don't think her idea was bad but it just didn't quite hit the mark and the other which is definitely a nitpick is thinking the "Welcome to Paradise" was cheesy however that was the theme she was going for and I do think she achieved it.

Overall I do think it'll end up in my top 3 for the 1st round as I already liked Touch My Body and although I wasn't a fan of the dance break however it didn't take me out of the performance and I look forward to seeing what Hyolyn does in the future rounds as I believe she will absolutely be able to keep up with the other contestant in Queendom 2.




Had no idea what to expect going into Viviz hit performance since they were the first to perform leaving the only comparable situation to go on being Bom in Queendom 1 who stuck to her own solo songs so to my surprise that wasn't going to be the case for Queendom 2 as it seems everything was fair game.

They put symbolism throughout the performance like the glass bead shattering during the intro as well as the Cheshire cat smile following it to fit the overall Alice In Wonderland theme shown in the writing and the dancers filling in for positions Sowon, Yerin and Yuju would have filled in dance formations from their songs and Gfriends debut date being alongside Viviz for the ending of the peformance.

It's always risky when artists put two or more songs together in a performance considering the transition between can make or break the performance but the dance break into the orchestra reveal worked well and made Time For The Glory one of the better song transitions in a performance that I can recall.

Overall the performance added to the melancholy vibe that Time For The Moon Night and Rough already had with the symbolism making you feel that because of what the performance should have been but nevertheless Viviz managed to even be able to change some of the choreography while keeping some of the more iconic parts without the performance feeling like it was lacking and will undoubtedly end up in my top 3.
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I shall check back here after watching it later tonight :sanapray:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread