COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Movie My takeaway from BLACKPINK's Netflix documentary (3 Viewers)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Teddy saying "I produced all of their songs" like it's a good thing.
Also, he got too much screen time.
I like that this is the first time a "big trainee" gets to address trainee life and literally points out the dark sides of it. People will be more aware what they go through.
Rose shouldn't have said "Says the Thai girl", Lisa was clearly offended.
Jennie is the only one deserving of a pilates instructor.
When Jennie said "I used to do tough and dark songs, so sometimes I ask myself what the hell am I doing now" really shows you what idols have to put up with.
Lisa and Lalisa are two completely different people.
WHISTLE was almost not released. Damn.
Rose has a beautiful voice and BLACKPINK songs don't do her justice (other than Hope Not). Also, YG is forcing this husky voice that breaks on purpose, her audition performance was way better than what she does now.
Majority of the show is scripted, although they tried to make it feel genuine, but I am not convinced that they speak English when all 4 are around.
Jisoo is actually a fun person.
Lisa is in an extremely difficult position, being a role-model for the entire generation of her own country. Good luck with that.
VINCE is super hot, and can like, get it, any time he wants.
There were iPhones in the documentary.
YG once again made it blatantly obvious that BLACKPINK is first and foremost a product.

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Teddy saying "I produced all of their songs" like it's a good thing.
Also, he got too much screen time.
I like that this is the first time a "big trainee" gets to address trainee life and literally points out the dark sides of it. People will be more aware what they go through.
Rose shouldn't have said "Says the Thai girl", Lisa was clearly offended.
Jennie is the only one deserving of a pilates instructor.
When Jennie said "I used to do tough and dark songs, so sometimes I ask myself what the hell am I doing now" really shows you what idols have to put up with.
Lisa and Lalisa are two completely different people.
WHISTLE was almost not released. Damn.
Rose has a beautiful voice and BLACKPINK songs don't do her justice (other than Hope Not). Also, YG is forcing this husky voice that breaks on purpose, her audition performance was way better than what she does now.
Majority of the show is scripted, although they tried to make it feel genuine, but I am not convinced that they speak English when all 4 are around.
Jisoo is actually a fun person.
Lisa is in an extremely difficult position, being a role-model for the entire generation of her own country. Good luck with that.
VINCE is super hot, and can like, get it, any time he wants.
There were iPhones in the documentary.
YG once again made it blatantly obvious that BLACKPINK is first and foremost a product.
We totally disagree on most everything, ig. Wont go into a point by point rebutal here or anywhere out of respect for ur getting older by 1 yr(if this is a diss, pls let me know n ill accept a wp or edit/delete this).

Ur opinion is ur opinion. Freeze peach. As some old dead european guy is infamous 4 saying, you hv the right to say wat u want n i hv the right to disagree(paraphrasing).

Edit to add: looking bk or even vaguely while watching, i think they were saying sth abt being strong while being filmed right ard this time last year of they(jennie) was just being rlly prophetic. Scripted or not, i believe in fake it till u make it, n i believe their words. Whether rehearsed/scripted or not, they convinced me. Just my opinion ofc. Ok end.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
We totally disagree on most everything, ig. Wont go into a point by point rebutal here or anywhere out of respect for ur getting older by 1 yr(if this is a diss, pls let me know n ill accept a wp or edit/delete this).

Ur opinion is ur opinion. Freeze peach. As some old dead european guy is infamous 4 saying, you hv the right to say wat u want n i hv the right to disagree(paraphrasing).
People are most welcome to disagree. It's what forum is about in the end, expressing of opinion. I would like to know your point of view though.

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
People are most welcome to disagree. It's what forum is about in the end, expressing of opinion. I would like to know your point of view though.
Since you asked, i think important part is probably the info they actually revealed, rather than the technicalities, of rehearsed/scripted vs being natural/themselves.

Like how many actual trainees who were in yg, who were cut. I need to rmbr details tho since it was upon me b4 i rmbr it was on at 3pm my time.

I need to gather my thots n base it on wat was actually in the doc. Need 2 go do life stuff 1st. Srry, l8r.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
don’t tell me you watched the whole ass documentary just to point out the negatives of it lol, the dedication y’all have to tear down women really shows.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
don’t tell me you watched the whole ass documentary just to point out the negatives of it lol, the dedication y’all have to tear down women really shows.
Welcome to the forum, we have no trolls.

I watched the documentary because I was interested in how it will portray BLACKPINK to the people who know nothing about them. Absolutely no dedication, if it were freaking XUM or 3YE or any other K-pop group, I would have watched, because it's K-pop content. I have no intention to tear down any women, women are amazing, without women we wouldn't exist. I have stated million times that when I say BLACKPINK I don't mean Jisoo, Rose, Lisa and Jennie, I mean the whole team behind the name.

Also, there are positives clearly stated in the OP as well. The thread is not titled "Things I like about the documentary".

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Welcome to the forum, we have no trolls.

I watched the documentary because I was interested in how it will portray BLACKPINK to the people who know nothing about them. Absolutely no dedication, if it were freaking XUM or 3YE or any other K-pop group, I would have watched, because it's K-pop content. I have no intention to tear down any women, women are amazing, without women we wouldn't exist. I have stated million times that when I say BLACKPINK I don't mean Jisoo, Rose, Lisa and Jennie, I mean the whole team behind the name.

Also, there are positives clearly stated in the OP as well. The thread is not titled "Things I like about the documentary".
I feel like an idiot omg. I don’t know if this was trolling or not.

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Well, we can only guess with those i think.

But I think there is a discussion to be made of this.

BlackpinkINSync

༺✮•°◤ 𝙀𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙣 ◥°•✮༻
Reactions Received
Website
www.ancestry.com
KS Coins
Fandom
𓂀 𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂 𓂀
Pronouns
𝙝𝙚/𝙝𝙞𝙢
So it has already shown or am I wrong? :o
It sounds like it has....

I hope I don't go away feeling disappointed. It seems like I will be....

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
So it has already shown or am I wrong? :o
It sounds like it has....

I hope I don't go away feeling disappointed. It seems like I will be....
Cant be disappointed.

They are all nice girls.

Just ignore the yg and teddy stuff in the documentary.

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
I feel like an idiot omg. I don’t know if this was trolling or not.
marko's just really blunt, you get used to it eventually :sanapray:

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Okay, but, I wish more people were blunt.
But when im blunt, ppl get offended or avoid talking to me. I want friends who will talk to me.

yeah, less guessing involved
Yeah, i need a meter that tells me wat ppl r saying is true or just lying to my face, to b nice, would make not hving to guess if they mean wat they say n my life much easier. Nvr happen ig. Ppl just want to avoid conflict, including me. I can only b blunt in certain situations n among v close friends.

This is not the analysis i might hv written in response to notthatmarko asked for. Srry, still digesting n processing wat im willing to put down 4 others to read, its not offensive i dont think so or anything, just chaotic n unfocused, all over thecplaceneed to organize a bit n summarise/prioritisemain/important pts.
(Well, ill just click post cos im watching/listening to the doc in the bg) no time to read my draft/correctbit

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread