My thoughts on cultural appropriation (1 Viewer)

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Thank you for listening.
Sorry I got a little too passionate about it, I didn't mean anything negative towards you:yolk:
Oh don't worry, I don't mind discussions, you have been very pleasant to talk with! :pikahappy:
And I know how things are with topics you care about!
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
You like my previous comment so I ain't gonna rewrite that lmao, but I wanted to say that I think that to be able to reprimand others for stealing your culture or appropriating it, one should be aware what it actually is being done wrong.

Essentially.... If you reprimand somebody for wearing a durag, but are unable to explain to them the significance wearing a durag has to black people... That is kinda like you don't actually know what it is you are fighting for and why wearing a Durag actually IS wrong. You just have been told it is so and are parroting what you've been told. You are fighting bcs you should or this is how others do it.

PS: I used you, but I don't mean like... YOU YOU... I just can't be bothered to figure out how to word it without using you and have it not sound awkard AF.
I get what you mean. It's just a weird situation to be in because we dont really have a defined origin and our written history is a bit...eh
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and maruberry

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
it all comes down to respect and the willingness to learn about cultures
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
Though an African girl was the one that did my hair, to show me her culture she said.

Like when I had cornrows and dreads no one really cared in my town anyways.

Despite not being African or black or whatever.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and maruberry

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread