My Thoughts On Season 8 of GOT (SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
1,049
Reactions Received
4,251
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
V.I.P
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Wow ... look at this garbage. =)


Okay, as someone who has watched every season leading up to this one and had high expectations
for the 8th season of GOT, I am utterly disappointed with not only the current writers, but the
former writers as well. They really butchered this entire season after about the 3rd episode.

Now I agreed with Arya killing the Night King, I found her the most suitable to do so, I
thought out of everyone there she would be the one and that made sense to me. But then
after that it just became a shit show. Daenerys going crazy in ONE episode? Are you kidding
me? The old writers really screwed up this one because Daenerys was ALWAYS crazy. She
was portrayed that way in the books very well, you could tell she had quite a few screws
loose and that she really was going to become a 'Mad Queen'. However, the previous writers
messed up showing that progression in her character and the new writers made it even worse
by pushing it all into one episode!

And then her death? Are you kidding me? Then Jon going back to the Night Watch? Bran as
the King? JAMIE'S HAND SUDDENLY REAPPEARING? This season was so rushed that
all of the writers and directors should be ashamed of themselves. What could've been an amazing
finale to a long running great TV show was a heaping pile of garbage. If I was one of the actors
I would've told them how trashy the writing at the ending was. Especially the last couple of
episodes. I am just so disappointed with the turn out and to think they will never even think
of reshooting it ... I am just upset.

What were others opinions for those who watched it?
​
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
3,522
Reactions Received
23,038
Location
ONCE Nation
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Yeah, it was clear D&D didn't know how to handle any of the plotlines. None of them turned out to be meaningful. :pandaannoyed:

The character endings just by themselves were fitting, but the lead up to them didn't make any sense for most of the characters. Tbh, season 7 was almost just as headscratching in terms of the writing. The entire season was dedicated to making Cersei see that wights were real. :pandarolleyes:

At least, the visuals and direction was great this season, but that's only a small consolation.
 
  • Like
Reactions: arieam and Ineul_Ze
Joined
13 June 2019
Messages
68
Reactions Received
168
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
160
I couldn't believe that Jon ended up back at the wall. That's probably the thing that annoys me the most. It was set up so much for him to be king. I'm all for plot-twists and not, but to me it was a really poor choice to make his entire stoy line all be for basically nothing when he just goes back to the wall. He should have been the king in the end.
I think everything started to go downhill around season 6.
 
  • Like
Reactions: arieam and Ineul_Ze

arieam

.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
1,232
Reactions Received
5,247
Location
Canada
Website
youtube.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
yea im still mad about it honestly. especially considering we might never actually get the books...since grrm said he doesn't want anyone else writing it and he's in his 70s...and has yet to finish the 6th book that his editors want him to split bc its too long...

i think what really hurt them is that they followed what grrm said would happen at the end of his series. he probably told him that dany goes crazy and jon kills her. and i think they just really wanted those characters to end that way that they twisted everything else to fit it, even tho neither dany or jon were ready for that shit and needed at least 1 more season to get to it.

if they diverted from the books altogether after season 4 maybe things would've been better.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ineul_Ze

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread