- Joined
- 5 November 2018
- Messages
- 23,134
- Reactions Received
- 38,822
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 19,488
- Fandom
- Answer is Queen
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- She/Her
- Ship
I haven’t done a countdown thread in so long it feels weird tbh
I plan on doing one of these for each group I stan and decided to start off with Astro, Happy Birthday to Rocky!!
25. Hide and Seek
They all look so flippin tiny in this MV my heart can’t handle it. This song is definitely a cute summer song, some parts are sort of all over the place but it all ends up coming together nicely. I think MJ really shines as their main vocal here, his parts are the most memorable and his voice fits the vibe nicely. It’s one of those songs that will put a smile on your face.
24. Fireworks
I struggled on where to put this song for the longest time. I think if you like You Are by Got7 you’d like this. The song has a few moments where it’s the members voices and just the drum snares ( I really hope I’m getting that correct lol) those parts make the song feel almost nostalgic and I absolutely love it.
23. Puss in Boots
This used to be my favorite from them for the longest time, the chorus is cute and playful while the other verses from Rocky and JinJin give you some rapping that I personally think contrasts well with the others. A very playful b-side.
22. You’re My World
You’ll notice I have many ballads on this list. Astro in my opinion have some of the best ballads, always so much raw emotion and beautiful voices. They have no ballad that I dislike. This is a song for their fans, a song of them thanking Aroha’s and the lyrics are very sweet. I will say it’s probably one of their more ‘basic’ ballads but I obviously still really enjoy it.
21. Dreams Come True
Listening to this song as I write this I feel like the instrumental reminds me of a TXT song but I can’t quite put my finger on it. I love the stringed instruments in this as this is a more cheerful track I don’t usually expect to hear something like that and I think it really makes the song.
20. Lie
I’m very dramatic when I like a ballad (because for me to really enjoy a ballad I have to hear and feel the emotion in the singers voices) and when I first listened to this song I had my breath taken away because it’s so beautiful!!! I also think the rap adds to the desperation in the other members voices and doesn’t end up taking away from the song. A must listen for anyone looking into this amazing group.
19. You Smile
I don’t have much to say for this song other than it will make you smile… See what I did there?
18. Love
The feels… Oh the feels is real!!!
17. Lonely
Based off the title you’d think this would be really slow huh? It’s the opposite, it’s not extremely upbeat or anything, I’d say it’s a good mellow beat. I think the chorus is very catchy, Sanha stands out to me in this song a lot. This was one of their first b-sides I ever heard and it has remained a favorite since then.
16. We Still
Okay so I will admit I began to despise this song at the end of last year but it was just because it would always be the first song that my phone randomized to and I got so frustrated with that. BUT it is a very good song and now I love it again because my phone has stopped randomizing it to this song
15. Should’ve Held On
Y’all should really go check this dance practice out it's great. This is a very sad song but again it’s kind of upbeat, but you can also feel the longing in the members voices as well. It’s a song that makes you feel lots a emotions which I think is the goal. Again you better go check the dance out lol.
14. Because It’s You
You know when you’ve never been in a romantic relationship before but when you hear an emotional romance song you shed a tear or two?… Maybe it’s just me idk. But this song is very, very beautiful to me.
13. Merry Go Round
I love this cute song so much it makes me feel so happy. It’s an instant energy boost when you listen to it. I think it deserves its own MV as well, a very good song that shows Astro’s youthful side.
12. Somebody Like
This my jam everyone. A major ear worm, catchy and I think it represents the direction that Astro is trying to take in their discography. Also I love my boy Rocky’s verse.
11. Knock
This song was one that took some time to grow on me. I never hated it but it wasn’t what I was expecting from them. I LOVE the second half of the chorus and I think as the song goes on you become more immersed in it.
10. Bloom
Astro + Ballads = Masterpiece
9. Call Out
I’m pretty sure this song has caused some major ear damage because whenever it comes on I turn it up super loud. It sounds so epic to me, happy and carefree.
8. Role play
Ah yes the sexy song in their discography (featuring the maknae Sanha of course because they always gotta remind me he’s an adult now
7. 1 in a Million
A major 180 from Roleplay. This. Is. Such. A. Good. Song. Listen to this bop and you’ll be blessed.
6. Love Wheel
How are their voices so stinking beautiful!?!? I love how when the chorus first starts it’s just the piano and their vocals, it adds the emotion and always gives me chills.
5. Blue Flame
I understand why everyone wasn’t big on this, but I really love it. I think this is what people would consider to be their most ‘basic’ title track but I think it still holds some of their signature sound to it somehow. I also think you can tell how much Eunwoo’s voice has improved over the years through this song. And the MV was nice… Moonbin came to wreck my bias list in this era.
4. Baby
The best cute boy group song ever.
3. Always You
The song that made me stan. It’s an edm song but it has some of their best singing ever, even my boy Rocky is singing.
2. Crazy, Sexy, Cool
I’ll let my llama friend take it from here:
1.Innocent Love
One of the best ballads in Kpop, all of them sound great but to me Sanha is the one who really stands out in this song. His voice suits the sound so well.
@Aroha