COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News [NCT 2021] NCT America, Europe & AFRICA + Biggest NCT unit to debut soon! (1 Viewer)

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship

Not just one team, but NCT 127, NCT Dream, NCT U and WayV – NCT is the way that allows us to expand the team limitlessly. We have plans to expand NCT to Japan, Southeast Asia, America, Europe, Australia and even up to Africa next time. You can’t believe it, right? Us too, but we will make it happen. Many trainees that have already signed with us, are practicing hard. Next year, we have plans to debut a fairly huge NCT unit, so please anticipate it. - Lee Sung Soo, SM CEO
Source
I have been waiting for them to go international since this whole project was announced so I'm excited to see how they'll go with other countries too. They killed it with WayV so I'm definitely looking forward to the rest... I can't help but be most worried about NCT Africa though... I hope they do a full culture education before they do that. Also I'm low-key cringing imagining the American team... America + boy groups in recent times is a cringe fest.

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Forgot to tag @NCTzen. What are your thoughts on this?

They said they're debuting the biggest NCT unit soon too. I wonder if that will just be all the current 23 boys in one group (or maybe excluding some) or are they actually planning to debut a whole new unit with new members too. 127 is already 9 members so I wonder how many boys they'll go with.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
“Oi u cheeky c*nt, Hana dul set, NCT Australia imnida” :lisalaugh:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
YES Nct is the only one who can pull this off for sure

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Forgot to tag @NCTzen. What are your thoughts on this?

They said they're debuting the biggest NCT unit soon too. I wonder if that will just be all the current 23 boys in one group (or maybe excluding some) or are they actually planning to debut a whole new unit with new members too. 127 is already 9 members so I wonder how many boys they'll go with.
Do they mean huge in terms of size or scale? Because if they're talking about size then they're probably expanding more in China since LSM has already said he's recruiting members for a boy group there plus China is so big they can have their own self contained NCT-type group there. If they are talking in terms of scale then it's probably either USA or Japan since those are the two biggest music markets globally.

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
they are saying that they dont want nct africa cause sm needs to learn more about cultural apporation and i have to agree with them sm doesn’t educate their idols well
I'm not sure that it's the idols that necessarily need the education, it's more the execs and the creatives that create and steal concepts for the groups.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Tbh more units have always been in the plans but I just don't see them happening, atleast not in 2021. NCT Japan and a SEA unit is definitely more plausible than Europe, US or Australia.
Also debuting a full subunit of unknowns would be tough so they'd probably include some existing members too (like Yuta and Shotaro in a Japanese unit). Either way, the new NCT unit will probably be mostly made up of members we already know, the expansion isn't happening that quick.

But it will happen coz NCT is staying for a long long time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread