Can't tell you, because I don't see how what they are doing is bad in any way and I don't agree with the people who do!i don't ask to challenge but simply out of curiosity, what is bad about this situation?
I could see if the joke was a rude one or insulted the people who predominetly where that style,
but i am not informed enough on this topic to know what is wrong here
i'd prefer not to ask this question publicly since it seems i'm in the wrong, but hopefully at my expense someone else learns too
I was a tiny bit disappointed ngl but I still wouldn't classify it as cultural appropriation either. They aren't insulting black people wearing the hairstyle but Chenle wearing the hairstyle (in a joking manner) and I think that's two different things.I'm not getting into my opinions if having that hairstyle is OK or not. Talking purely about the joke, I think it is fine.
If you think your friends hair looks ridiculous I think there is nothing wrong with making fun of it in a friendly way. If you think your friends hair looks funny, guess what, I still think it is fine to make fun of it.
This joke wasn't directed at black people or their culture, it was directed at that hairstyle looking funny on Chenle's head. In no way was that joke direcetd at black people or their culture.
Easily offended society, they just want to feel attacked what can you say.I mean chenles hair was pink and braided, I can see the why he made the octopus joke.
It's not like he said the style was disgusting, or mocked anyone, it's a none issue.
What do I want to feel attacked for? I'm black, I get called the n word enough for this to not even mean a thing to meEasily offended society, they just want to feel attacked what can you say.
*plays Chanmina’s Doctor at 1:45*Jesus Christ, people just wake up these days with one though only. How could I get offended today?
What they did was wrong period.Jesus Christ, people just wake up these days with one though only. How could I get offended today?
No it wasn't. They are making fun of their friend. They are not culturally appropriating a thing. I don't think they are even aware of the roots.What they did was wrong period.
I find it funny how people are just now realizing Sm mistreats foreign idolsOk, as a POC I personally didn’t find get offended over it but I can definitely see why another person would. What he said was very ignorant but we gotta also remember the fact that he is from Korea. People can’t just assume that he knows not to make jokes like that because he is simply not educated on the culture. Should he be canceled over this? No, that’ll be absurd. But should we teach him not to say things that could potentially hurt international fans? Most definitely. Then again I simply see it as a friend making fun of another friend (and I saw somewhere that he actually didn’t say this himself but instead it was a comment from k-nets) but that’s me, people are gonna get offended and we have to acknowledge that what he said might’ve been offensive to some, but it was not “cultural appropriation” or him “being racist” it was simply just ignorance.
I wish these same people would be making a big fuss over the fact that SME is blatantly mistreating their foreign idols right in front of our faces, but that’s my take on it
![]()