COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

NCT: Is It a 4th gen or 3rd gen bg? Im confused n i want to get off this ride where the world doesnt make any sense! (1 Viewer)

NCT: Is It a 3rd gen or 4th gen bg or hybrid 3rd gen/4th gen bg, how does tat even make any sense?!?

• 4th gen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Idc

• Its simple, ur a boomer so u dont hv capacity to understand

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
So TIL there's Japanese members of NCT since 2016 n another joined earlier this yr-ok np n my brain dint burst , yet. But then i thot for ggs theres already so much debate abt which ggs are 4th gen n when did 4th gen start n 3rd gen gg end/stopped debuting. Since there's some oberlap n vagueness/ambigiuity theres still endless arguments on the matter n im staying out of it cos im ignorant/unfamiliar/dgaf abt it.

But since my attention/memory palace has now been infiltrated by this titbit, im unable to shake loose this conundrum; ie is NCT a 3rd gen bg or is it a 4th gen bg now, or is there such a thing as a mixed 3rd gen/4th gen bg? Frex the role model/inspiration tat i know of in japan has like graduations n overlapping members from different eras but none from the earliest era stiil overlaps with the latest era, unlike NCT-which so far hasnt graduated any member/dumped their asses for a younger, newer member n replaced the old, tired member.

So wats the consensus of KS: is NCT a 3rd gen or 4th gen bg or a hybrid mutant 3rd +4th gen bg tat shd be hunted like the unnatural abominations of nature tat they are. You tell me in my poll n the comments. Pls click like n subscribe n give lots of love, juiceseyo sarangheyo.

@kuro @maruberry @Drew_B @RandAlThor @Ozymandias @DarlingBlue @mysteric @cosmic @notthatmarkie @NCTzen lazy to tag more peeps now

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Honestly NCT spans across generations so don't think too much lol. NCT isn't a singular group- but a superset of many member groups, so although the original NCT lineup debuted in 2016- same year as Blackpink, they also had new members debuting in 2018, 19 and 20 :haylul:

Also I'm pretty sure NCT still might have new subunits/members when it comes time for 5th gen lol so.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L
Pronouns
She/Her
wait when did 4th gen start?
:umwhat:

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
But im not the one who came up with this artificial demarcation/delineation of 1st/2nd/3rd n 4th gen bgs/ggs. It just got into my head cos iv seen so many debates abt 3rd gen vs 4th gen, whos the best of 3rd gen vs whos the best of 4th gen, or my gen beats ur gen debates tat im discombobulated by the realisation of the reality of NCT trumps all these debates: they win.

N id like to delete this factoid from my memory palace but since i now know/thot it i dont think i can unsee this fact, NCT wins the best of 3rd gen or 4th gen bgs in a way cos they nvr die, even if the earliest members arent in NCT when 5th gen starts, the name if still exists will be a brand recognised for longevity, like SuJu, TVXQ, SHINee, EXO if they last till 5th gen bgs debut.

SM/LSM outfoxed all the bg stans by coming up with his unique take on the concept from japanese idol groups who are multi-generational but graduate. Wat a champion! LOL. I admire the conception even if i hv quibbles abt the exceution/reality.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
As nct will debut in multiple years i think as a whole nct will be 3rd gen
but each unit will be different

and nct u doesnt have a generation as each comeback has different line ups

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
wait when did 4th gen start?
:umwhat:
For ggs, iv read gidle, itzy n everglow, æspa as 4th gen; for bgs i thibk TXT n Treasure r 4th gen. U hv to ask a bg stan for confirmation tho.

As nct will debut in multiple years i think as a whole nct will be 3rd gen
but each unit will be different

and nct u doesnt have a generation as each comeback has different line ups
This makes my head ache even more as it confuses me too much, the only criteria i hv are this: if member A,B,C,D,E,F debuted in 2016, they are 3rd gen bgs-if they debuted in NCT in 2020, they are 4th gen bg-this is why i created this thread/poll, to clarify to myself if theres a consensus on KS; I think i got my answer-its too nebulous n i hv to wait for rand to chime in later when hes not occupied. LOL. Otherwise i can leave this whole issue as undecided n try nvr to hv to think abt it ever again.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L
Pronouns
She/Her
I thought a new generation could not start until a new group takes over the #1 title. Like how EXO started the 3rd gen in 2013 after Growl.
For me, 4th gen will start when a group takes over EXO and/or BTS. So NCT is 3rd gen imo.

Xeulgi

✧。゚ Loɴely Aѕтroɴαυт 。゚✧ °・
Reactions Received
KS Coins
As they have said ‘nct’ is just a brand that has multiple groups in it so in my opinion I would say that it will count as a part of every generation starting from 3th gen

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
I thought a new generation could not start until a new group takes over the #1 title. Like how EXO started the 3rd gen in 2013 after Growl.
For me, 4th gen will start when a group takes over EXO and/or BTS. So NCT is 3rd gen imo.
As they have said ‘nct’ is just a brand that has multiple groups in it so in my opinion I would say that it will count as a part of every generation starting from 3th gen
This makes my head hurt more so ill just putvit away for awhile n try not to think too much abt it. If i can. LOL.

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
The group as a whole in my eyes is 3rd gen
Both Dream and 127 debuted in 2016 as well, so they're 3rd gen as well

WayV are TECHNICALLY not kpop, but if I count it as such they would be 4th gen

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
This is the most accurate response here imo.

Think of NCT as a football club, the roster will keep increasing/changing and span generations but they'll still be NCT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread