COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News NCT's Taeyong admits to bullying and has apologized to victim (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
There has been a lot of bullying scandals that have come up lately.

Source: NCT's Taeyong Admits To Bullying, Personally Apologizes To His Middle School Classmate He Hurt

NCT’s Taeyong Admits To Bullying, Personally Apologizes To His Middle School Classmate He Hurt
He apologized to his classmate in person.

NEWS
10 hours ago
NCT‘s Taeyong was previously accused of having bad behavior during middle school, such as being homophobic towards a classmate and bullying a classmate.

It has been confirmed by Wikitree that Taeyong did indeed write the comment that was said to be homophobic, but the comment was not made with malicious intent, as the person the comment was directed to was a friend of his.
Taeyong was close with the person that he wrote that to, so there were no bad feelings at all from it.
— Wikitree
The victim of bullying by Taeyong and his friends came out to say that all they wanted was an apology from him.
I’ve lived in pain for years after the incident. I just wanted to ask you why you did it, and to receive a sincere apology.
— Victim
When the victim tried to make Taeyong’s past action public knowledge, the victim instead was accused of spreading false information and rumors, causing the victim to suffer more and live in fear.

It was a wound that I couldn’t wash away. My feelings were being represented by someone else. I was reduced to being someone who was spreading rumors.
— Victim
The victim sent SM Entertainment an email saying that they would like an apology in person, but there was no reply from SM.

However, after Taeyong returned from the United States on October 11, he decided to meet with one of the victims. Here, Taeyong admitted to his actions, and apologized to the victim directly.

The two people faced each other for the first time in 10 years. The victim shed tears, while they sat in silence for nearly one hour. After calming down, the victim faced Taeyong again. Taeyong was the first person to say something, bowing his head in apology. He admitted to his past wrongdoings, and sincerely apologized.

It has been a long time since I saw this friend, and I am upset that I am meeting them over something like this.
Honestly, I have never once felt at ease because of this.
Every day, dozens of times, I think ‘why was I like that’ and feel regret.
— Taeyong
The victim listened to Taeyong’s every word, and felt sincerity from his apology. Eventually, after more than 2 hours of talking with each other, the victim decided to forgive Taeyong.

At that time, I was very poor with how I expressed myself. I would like to sincerely apologize for my thoughtless remarks and actions when I was younger.
I am very sorry.
— Taeyong
SM Entertainment also commented on the issue.

Recently, Taeyong personally apologized to his friend from middle school that was hurt by his mistakes, including his senseless words and actions.
The friend accepted Taeyong’s apology, and they both cheered each other on for their growth in their respective futures.
In addition, Taeyong expressed his regret to his friend who was unable to get in contact with him.
Taeyong will not forget about his past, and use it as a way to help show him how to grow up and become a better person, and act properly with a humble mindset.
Thank you.
— SM Entertainment

Reactions Received
KS Coins
at least he learned from his mistakes and actually apologized to the victim.
but it is kinda ironic considering that hes a kpop idol and kpop is known for giving male to male fanservice for fans.... but let me not get into that right now.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
at least he admitted to it and it's up to the victim if they want to accept it or not.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Where are the TY stans that told me the rumors were fake :)
I think they are either still denying it or applauding him for being such a good person.
:welp:

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Yikes

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
That’s why it’s bad to defend someone blindly like that. I was neutral to all these news because nothing was proved but honestly I even saw people defending him by stating that he is not homophobic because his uncle is gay. What kind of nonsense is that ?

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
aw good job taeyong precious

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Im shocked on this tbh as his cousin is one of the most famous gay celebrities in korea

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
w o w. hope he really is honest :wimwim:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
They're not related actually
Hongseok (if that's his name) is related to someone who's child is related to Taeyong.
So basically family friends.
so related just not close enough to matter

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread