Non-native English speakers, how is your accent? (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
i wish i did it with either but i have a German accent :wimwim:
a strong one, do you think? your written English is enviable though, so I can´t imagine that your accent would be that bad!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
Too spanishy?
not enough englishie? but at least it´s cute or whatever. but I´m the same, however,the spanish one is generally cuter. it doesn´t sound that mean as let´s say other accents :D.
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
yeah its very noticeable imo, i hate it :nekosweat:
is that what you think or what people have told you? because somehow my brain is fighting this thought and I refuse to believe this :D
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
imean they say its cute but like to me personally its just annoying :wimwim:
I get what you mean, but I am sure it´s not THAT bad. people can´t expect non-natives to speak like natives. I have only met one person who spoke with a very good British accent and that was because while she was Chinese and grew up in Shanghai, she said she has had British teachers since childhood.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
I think it's obvious that I am not a native speaker if I go to an English speaking country but my accent does pass for "American" here were I live, people can't tell where I am from.
good job!
 
  • Love
Reactions: SnowWhite

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
I do have an Eastern European accent, quite strong I think, but in terms of ‘English accents’, I would say that it is closer to American accent, and not British :wimwim: However, I’ve been told that my accent is easy to understand. My ex-roommate was Japanese and her English wasn’t the best, but she said that she can understandme better than the other housemates:mgblush:
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Willow and brekker

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
i had a very noticeable french accent but I've gotten rid of it and I speak it perfectly American. i spell things British tho lol
 
  • Love
Reactions: Willow
Joined
13 May 2021
Messages
178
Reactions Received
271
Location
Ateez' Basement
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi 🌼
Gender
Non-Binary, Other
you can absolutely hear my accent while speaking lol. in school we lerned british english but when I taught myself english I always used american english. But yeah when speaking you can hear my german accent xD
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: brekker and Willow

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread