now that the blackpink hype has slowed down... (1 Viewer)

Joined
15 March 2019
Messages
1,777
Reactions Received
6,501
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
11
Gender
Male
now that we have all celebrated over bp slaying the charts and trending on yt ranks all over the world.

can we all just calm down a bit and give our opinions on this?



this is honestly the worst blackpink title track since their debut... truly my honest opinion, there is no melody at all the chorus is like.. a repetitive beat and sound, the whole song is just one underdeveloped mess. I am not trolling or bashing, i actually really liked square up and dddd.

the bridge is just... 'snare drum' and then some messy beats and then it ends.

this is nothing compared to dddd and ddd is nothing compared to playing with fire, its a downgrade of a downgrade in their discography and i do not know why the hell nobody seems to want to say it out loud, and dont get me started on the rap and vocals omg do not get me started or i'll get a warning point.

however one thing that i do admit i like is the lyrics, i think that the storyline is good, i like the kill this love concept and i think its so true, lets all kill our loves before they kill us! haha.

anyway, besides my irrelevant opinion whats yours on this comeback?
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I actually did thread about review of the album including Kill this Love and it's mv; Discussion - [Album Review] Kill this Love(shameless promo? xd lol not rly i just wrote tons about my opinion of the song there).

It's not bad for me, but it's big disjointed and could do with more coherency. Since it's just patchwork of different parts it's not easy to listen and it takes time at least for me to really get and appreciate- and since it's patchwork there just is parts that I didn't like and found underwhelming and then parts I really liked. It's hard to judge it as whole rather than saying what parts I liked and what not.

Regardless it's not worst title for me either from BP since Boombayah exist and I hate that song xd It's not one of my fav songs and BP could have done better, but I think it follows D4 and is hype song enough to bring them attention, sth that some better, but more mellow songs they have had wouldn't be able to do (internationally).
 

arieam

.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
1,232
Reactions Received
5,247
Location
Canada
Website
youtube.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
after dddd it's kind of a let down but it is growing on me. the chorus is still really underwhelming. it doesn't have the sass that dddd's had. but the prechorus is just :sj_weary: also lisa is just :maheart:

the bridge is kinda cringy. we all commit to love that makes you cry is not proper grammar.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ddu-du Ddu-du was the weak spot in Blackpinks titles for me while Kill This Love is the same level as Stay and Whistle.
My top 3 bp songs are 1) Whistle 2) D4 3) Stay so I'm here just: But what does that mean?? xd
 
Joined
15 March 2019
Messages
1,777
Reactions Received
6,501
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
11
Gender
Male
Ddu-du Ddu-du was the weak spot in Blackpinks titles for me while Kill This Love is the same level as Stay and Whistle.
I disagree ddd had lots of fun elements to it, good hook lots of rap dance break outro cant go wrong with dddd! but yeah its not that great tbh.
 
Joined
15 March 2019
Messages
1,777
Reactions Received
6,501
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
11
Gender
Male
D4 is worse imo, but Kill this love comes in as a close 2nd.
there had to be something right about it if it led them to huge success in Korea and internationally! there previous hits were nowhere near that level.

so you dont like either then? interesting.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
there had to be something right about it if it led them to huge success in Korea and internationally! there previous hits were nowhere near that level.

so you dont like either then? interesting.
I don't like basically anything about D4, Kill this love has an Ok verse and a good pre-chorus at least.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,256
Reactions Received
76,671
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,870
Ship
Wreck
My top 3 bp songs are 1) Whistle 2) D4 3) Stay so I'm here just: But what does that mean?? xd
For me it's

1. Playing With Fire
2. As If It's Your Last
3 Boombayah
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
It's not my fav BP title track, which is still Whistle for me, but KTL has grown on me a lot and I like it quite a lot now. Not more than D4 and definitely not more than the B sides on this album though, but it's a loud, hype, attention grabbing song so I can see why they chose it as the title.

I missed actual rap verses like Jennie had in D4. But the prechorus and ending are pretty hype.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
For me it's

1. Playing With Fire
2. As If It's Your Last
3 Boombayah
So Kill this love being like Whistle and Stay level for you means mid tier or bottom tier? Xd

Cause for me if Kill this love was in their level I would feel blessed to finally have sth so great from kpop again :P
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
So Kill this love being like Whistle and Stay level for you means mid tier or bottom tier? Xd

Cause for me if Kill this love was in their level I would feel blessed to finally have sth so great from kpop again :P
Whistle is one of the best songs ever for me lol, unfortunately it came out with Boombayah which is :welp::yolk:

I do like PWF too, and AIIYL minus Lisa's rap is top tier.

Whistle > AIIYL > PWF for me.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,256
Reactions Received
76,671
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,870
Ship
Wreck
So Kill this love being like Whistle and Stay level for you means mid tier or bottom tier? Xd

Cause for me if Kill this love was in their level I would feel blessed to finally have sth so great from kpop again :P
Mid tier, Ddu-du Ddu-du is the only one that makes me :welp:
 
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
1,049
Reactions Received
4,251
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
V.I.P
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
I like it a lot, at first listen I wasn't crazy about it but after the 2nd and 3rd I started to really like it, dare I say it's one of my favorite BP title tracks. There is not a single BP title track that I have disliked tbh.
 
D

Deleted member 74

I didn't like it so much at first but it grew on me and gets stuck in my head, I noticed it's played in so many shops I've been in this week and people (even non fans) really seem to like it
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,389
Reactions Received
151,401
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I really like loud attention grabbing songs, so for me thinking was pretty good. I dont like Lisa's rap, but the rest of it is fine, and Roses part is really nice. Its the 2nd bp song I added to my playlisy
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread