Appreciation Obscure Music Genres - #5 - Death Metal/Black Metal. (1 Viewer)

la_mort_pour_vous

Try To Make Yourself A Work Of Art
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
3,795
Reactions Received
21,540
Location
A Singularity in the 3C 75 Black Hole System
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22
Gender
Male
Ship
Death Metal is an an extreme subgenre of heavy metal music that emerged from black metal & thrash metal in the mid-1980s.
It employs heavy & low guitars, fast & powerful drumming techniques like blast beat & machine gun, tremolo picking, deep growling vocals, & minor keys, showing chromaticism.
It is divided into several subgenres like melodic death metal(a less extreme & more tuned counterpart), death doom(a more atmospheric & ominous sounding counterpart), deathcore(a fusion genre with metalcore), & so on.
The themes of the genre include nature, Satanism, occultism, horror, murder, & so on.

Black metal, on the other hand, employs shrieks as vocals instead of growls. It's a more atmospheric cousin of Death Metal & also uses lo-fi influences.

Best hours for listening to the genre : 21:00-3:00.

Notable subgenres & derivatives : Melodic black death, War metal, Blackened death doom, Pagan metal.










Tags: @igloo @Elizabeth @Drug .
 
Last edited:

GoldenBunny

RM's Bonsai Nanny
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
635
Reactions Received
2,191
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Yesssss Mayhem forever and ever amen, this is a great list of bands TY! (although I can't do most death weirdly, black metal and non-deathy folk metal and power metal and even battle metal but nope not anything too rooted in death). Saw them in Baltimore a couple of years ago and they were unbelievable, Atilla is a god, as was Rotting Christ. Gorgoroth yesss.



Want to also throw in some Darkthrone and pre-proggy Enslaved



 

la_mort_pour_vous

Try To Make Yourself A Work Of Art
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
3,795
Reactions Received
21,540
Location
A Singularity in the 3C 75 Black Hole System
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22
Gender
Male
Ship
Yesssss Mayhem forever and ever amen, this is a great list of bands TY! (although I can't do most death weirdly, black metal and non-deathy folk metal and power metal and even battle metal but nope not anything too rooted in death). Saw them in Baltimore a couple of years ago and they were unbelievable, Atilla is a god, as was Rotting Christ. Gorgoroth yesss.



Want to also throw in some Darkthrone and pre-proggy Enslaved



I used to listen to a lot of melodic death metal when I was 13-14. :yolk:
Oh.my.Yves. Death metal/Black metal fans on a Kpop Forum? I'm sobbing. :yolk:
By the way, I'm still fourteen Lel.
 

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Oh.my.Yves. Death metal/Black metal fans on a Kpop Forum? I'm sobbing. :yolk:
By the way, I'm still fourteen Lel.
I was a huge fan of Arch Enemy, when they still had Angela Gossow as their singer. I love her.

And so young but this is the best age to explore different genres, imo. I am turning 25 in 11 days. :yolk:
 

la_mort_pour_vous

Try To Make Yourself A Work Of Art
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
3,795
Reactions Received
21,540
Location
A Singularity in the 3C 75 Black Hole System
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22
Gender
Male
Ship
I was a huge fan of Arch Enemy, when they still had Angela Gossow as their singer. I love her.

And so young but this is the best age to explore different genres, imo. I am turning 25 in 11 days. :yolk:
I myself am not a fan of Alissa's voice, & post-2014, their music has diverged a bit from the usual which I'm again not a fan of.
 

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I myself am not a fan of Alissa's voice, & post-2014, their music has diverged a bit from the usual which I'm again not a fan of.
Yeah, me neither. I don't care for her.. but I rarely listen to metal these days. Nowadays I mostly only listen to k-pop since I've gone through so many genres years ago to find what I like the most. And I don't have the same energy I had back then. Last.fm was good for discovering music before all the changes but I don't use it anymore.

:pepesad:
 

la_mort_pour_vous

Try To Make Yourself A Work Of Art
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
3,795
Reactions Received
21,540
Location
A Singularity in the 3C 75 Black Hole System
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22
Gender
Male
Ship
Yeah, me neither. I don't care for her.. but I rarely listen to metal these days. Nowadays I mostly only listen to k-pop since I've gone through so many genres years ago to find what I like the most. And I don't have the same energy I had back then. Last.fm was good for discovering music before all the changes but I don't use it anymore.

:pepesad:
I typically use Spotify & certain YT channels for finding new music now.
I should go back to Last.Fm.
I remember using it when I was eight - ten years old.
 

la_mort_pour_vous

Try To Make Yourself A Work Of Art
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
3,795
Reactions Received
21,540
Location
A Singularity in the 3C 75 Black Hole System
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22
Gender
Male
Ship
metal album art :sj_weary:
i might not be a fan of the regular vocal techniques but the instrumental skill is always enjoyable to listen to

Might be a bit abrasive for your tastes but the skill displayed is phenomenal. :sj_weary:
 

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I typically use Spotify & certain YT channels for finding new music now.
I should go back to Last.Fm.
I remember using it when I was eight - ten years old.
Back then I had to pirate everything off ThePirateBay because no Spotify. I did same with the k-pop albums on K2NBlog and a lot of links didn't work. TT

Spotify is seriously great but I stopped using last.fm because you can't scrobble Korean artists since they have romanized names and songs as well.
 

la_mort_pour_vous

Try To Make Yourself A Work Of Art
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
3,795
Reactions Received
21,540
Location
A Singularity in the 3C 75 Black Hole System
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22
Gender
Male
Ship
Back then I had to pirate everything off ThePirateBay because no Spotify. I did same with the k-pop albums on K2NBlog and a lot of links didn't work. TT

Spotify is seriously great but I stopped using last.fm because you can't scrobble Korean artists since they have romanized names and songs as well.
I need a new proxy for ThePirateBay.
All of the proxies I used to enter the site with don't function anymore RIP.
 

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I need a new proxy for ThePirateBay.
All of the proxies I used to enter the site with don't function anymore RIP.
Is it banned in your country? ._. I've never had a problem with that. They don't care here if you pirate so I keep doing it if needed, lmao.
 

la_mort_pour_vous

Try To Make Yourself A Work Of Art
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
3,795
Reactions Received
21,540
Location
A Singularity in the 3C 75 Black Hole System
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22
Gender
Male
Ship
Is it banned in your country? ._. I've never had a problem with that. They don't care here if you pirate so I keep doing it if needed, lmao.
Yea, it is.
I should try entering with VPN.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread