One depressing part of WW2 (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,396
Reactions Received
151,406
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I was reminded of this in a game I played today. But I think it’s depressing that if you read that during WW2 someone was put in a camp, that’s not enough information to know which country it was in, why they were put in a camp, and/or their race/ethnicity/religion/ect. Like yeah people think first about Germany and Jews but that doesn’t cover even close to all people subject to that treatment. Maybe it was Germany’s government. Maybe it was the US. Maybe it was the USSR. Maybe it was another that I don’t know about yet. Maybe they were Jewish. Maybe communists. Maybe gay. Maybe Japanese. Maybe German. You won’t know until you look them up probably (unless they’re really famous). But either way, depressing af
 
Joined
6 December 2021
Messages
31,375
Reactions Received
36,648
Location
Raven Guardian
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
161,104
Fandom
Blink/Monstiez
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Reflet
Wreck
Definitely lots of sorrow and horrified things occur in that era of time... :sanapray:
Many were tortured and violated which were other groups other than the Jews
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,396
Reactions Received
151,406
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Definitely lots of sorrow and horrified things occur in that era of time... :sanapray:
Many were tortured and violated which were other groups other than the Jews
There really was such a large variety of terrible stuff that could happen then. Execution, experimentation, forced labor, and it goes on and on :nekosweat: Not just with those sent to camps either, civilians starved to death when the enemy occupied their area, some got shot, some forced to live in terrible conditions. Definitely a dark time
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Yerichu
Joined
6 December 2021
Messages
31,375
Reactions Received
36,648
Location
Raven Guardian
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
161,104
Fandom
Blink/Monstiez
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Reflet
Wreck
There really was such a large variety of terrible stuff that could happen then. Execution, experimentation, forced labor, and it goes on and on :nekosweat: Not just with those sent to camps either, civilians starved to death when the enemy occupied their area, some got shot, some forced to live in terrible conditions. Definitely a dark time
Yep.... it was real hard time for those people to survive the mess that occur among most ethnic and racial groups
US and Soviet have a lot to explain :frogsiren:
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Ahsoka

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,183
Reactions Received
46,848
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
182,344
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
In my eighth grade English class, we read Anne Frank's diary (that was a good thing, actually lol), BUT we were also forced to watch a freaking Holocaust movie "so we could understand her situation better", I guess. I still don't know why to this day (idk if he ever told us the title either, he seemed to have just slipped it in the player and made us watch it), but the movie was soooooooooo depressing, too. Mothers were having their babies taken away (what was that all about?), and the kid lover in me just couldn't handle it! And we were told to take notes on it and everything like this was history. I mean, I get what the Holocaust has to do with Anne Frank, but bruh... he was making it look so much more like a history class than English that I started confusing the two subjects, homework-wise. He was also just a meanie in general, though. lol
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Ahsoka

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,189
Reactions Received
52,518
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,742
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
It is depressing. All those lives lost.
I just hope to god, we don't have another war..
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,396
Reactions Received
151,406
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Honestly, the weight of WW2 never fully hit home for me until this one day after class when a Japanese student actually apologised to me (Chinese) for what happened during and before the war. It was sort of awkward, and I told them they really didn't have to do that, but after I left, I just sort of thought about that. About how much it must have weighed on them to say those things to me. And how the effects of WW2 in general are still felt to this day. I made an effort to learn more about it after that day and to understand more.
Some countries have definitely tried to make amends with others who were persecuted during that rule. Sometimes it was relatively soon (such as some of those who received some monetary compensation), sometimes it took a lot longer (such as the apology Germany gave to LGBT people who suffered during and after), and some just never acknowledged it, going to far as to make laws against any "defamation" or whatnot related to the war even when it's true information. I know some stuff not just because I have ties to 2 countries that were on the allies side, but also German relatives who were persecuted in the USSR then, along with Jewish relatives. But also because I have family in Berlin Germany and I've been there multiple times. That has given me a good chance to learn a lot of different aspects of the war because they do focus on it in Berlin a lot. Not just the typical these countries fought the war, these groups of people were persecuted (typically only one or 2 groups are covered when discussing the time), and Pearl Harbor and the atomic bombs. That feels like the information you'd get in the US typically. But I also went to museums about people who rebelled or tried to form coups and/or assassinate Hitler, museums about Germans who tired to save or saved Jews during the time, museums about political prisoners or people who did things to attract the attention of the SS (such as voting for another other party or voting against a Nazi policy), more about what happened to civilians and prisoners of war (particularly for Russians), and even parts about Nazi architecture, since I toured an old building that had remnants of Nazi architecture still, since it was an old building. Of course there's still so much I don't know though, there's so much to cover about it really. A very eventful time, but not in a good way.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: username1

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread