COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Sensitive People Being Trash to Sunmi (1 Viewer)

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Sunmi confesses to being diagnosed with borderline personality disorder

Article: What is 'borderline personality disorder' that Sunmi confessed to? "I was torturing myself"
Source: Comedy via Naver
1. [+115, -2] Seems like there isn't one celebrity who isn't suffering from something ㅠ
2. [+83, -7] I think everyone has a personality disorder, it just varies by the extent of it. There's no need to pity someone who has it. It's good to take it as an opportunity to look after yourself as well.
3. [+19, -0] People talk of this disorder lightly but it's actually a very difficult one. It's like the final boss of personality disorders and even psychologists are hesitant at treating it. You may feel bad for someone with it and try to reach out and help them but eventually that craziness will rub off on you. I've read books that describe the disorder and even they advise not to reach out to someone with it unless you're fully prepared. There's just no way for the average person to be able to process the myriad of emotions that they go through. It's sad to say but the most you can do is hope that they don't fall into anything bad and just live a good life. Sigh.

4. [+16, -2] It's not your fault so don't feel guilty over it
5. [+11, -3] Look at your bank account, I'm sure all of your problems will go away
6. [+8, -0] I think stuff like this makes me realize how important a bhappy childhood is ㅠㅠ Sunmi-ssi, find strength. There are so many people who don't even know that they're suffering from a personality disorder. There's depression but also masked depression. I think anyone who feels the stresses of life will feel damage to their personalities. Think of yourself preciously and give yourself rest ❤ Find strength and thank you for being brave enough to speak up.
7. [+4, -1] I assure you that there is not one person in the world who doesn't have some type of personality disorder..
8. [+3, -1] I personally sensed some instability to her when I saw her on TV. She would touch her hair so much whenever she talked, would make a lot of big gestures... She didn't look emotionally stable. I hope she gets the treatment she needs and is able to live a stable, happy life. I support you.
10. [+1, -0] Find strength. You will overcome this. You've already protected your family and dongsaengs. Fighting~!!
-

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
These people are the reason why others can't honestly and freely share things about themselves. They contribute to the problem and scare others into being afraid to tell their story and it's honestly really gross. Sunmi is a celebrity and she's also a person who deserves to be treated with respect, so this is really disappointing to see another example of people silencing people who are going through a hard time.

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Ok, first of all, was the book they read an autobiography? It's one thing to read something from a professional's standpoint and another to hear from a person suffering from it themselves. Nobody with BPD wants or enjoys having the disorder. In fact, it's incredibly fucking hard to deal with and even harder for them to love and accept themselves, and with assholes like this sharing their unwanted opinions that just makes it that much harder.

They need to treat their ignorance and shut their mouths. Sunmi has us fans by her side through this and I hope she knows that-BPD isn't something meant to be judged or cured by the common person. So as far as I'm concerned these people can shove their opinions up their asses. Fuck them.

Sorry I read an autobiography by someone who has the disorder and it impacted me greatly so this shit pisses me off.

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Imagine being such trash that you have to shame someone for having a mental illness. Pathetic

Wicked

Loaded Granny Cane Incoming!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ARMY/Multi
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
These people downplaying with the "oh everyone has some sort of something" are a huge problem why many people don't take a real disorder seriously...

Taehyun

☾ abbacchio simp ⛧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
☆ MOA ♡
how can you type that out and actually think that's something okay to say
let's stop mental illness shaming and stigmatizing it's almost 2021 not the stone age

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
some of those comments make me think of that “is having a mental disorder the new trend?” comment song kyung ah had to address on the night of the hate comments after she went public abkht her panic disorder

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Is it really that difficult to show at least some empathy? Those comments are straight infuriating, it's unbelievable the amount of stupidity idols have to deal with.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
The fact this article says it was posted in the Comedy section is concerning enough but onto the comments themselves it's a large problem we have as a society with mental health problems.

People will say a symptom that others are likely to deal with and then be like "oh I got that" with depression being the most common but they don't take into account that the scale is different for people who have been diagnosed with issues.

Then we get onto the other part of the problem being how do you prove it? People nowadays are probably more distrusting to information than ever and want proof but like someone who ended up stuck in a mental hospital had to wonder about how to prove their mental state was how they described and unfortunately to some people you can't.

Sunmi opened about her struggles however she also probably knew the risks as an idol who does try and bring light to things that aren't as accepted but I just hope she's in a strong enough position with her mental state that she didn't do this at a time she wasn't ready for it.

Tickita

♦️🍰♥️
Reactions Received
Website
tickittaa.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
5. [+11, -3] Look at your bank account, I'm sure all of your problems will go away
7. [+4, -1] I assure you that there is not one person in the world who doesn't have some type of personality disorder..
Pain is not a competition that's only exclusive to the less fortunate

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread