COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Movie [POLL]Were the Star Wars prequels as bad as people said? (1 Viewer)

Do you think the prequels were as bad as people said?

• yes, they are.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No. I like them

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I think they're mediocre at best.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Still better than the Sequels...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Idc, I have the high ground.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
U are just jealous that i have taste and aren't sheep :nekopout:
After the first 30 minutes of Phantom Menace, if you call that taste then I'd rather not :wimwim:

Yachii

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Hackers
My opinion might be a little complex. Here is my current ranking based on how I remember them right now.
  1. The Empire Strikes Back
  2. A New Hope
  3. Revenge of the Sith
  4. The Phantom Menace
  5. Return of the Jedi
  6. Attack of the Clones
Tbh when I first watched TPM, I came out from the movie theater with a down feeling; as whether I wouldn't had liked it. It was a strange feeling of disbelief; I couldn't accept that was a Star Wars movie. It happened just the first time; I enjoyed it quite a lot afterwards, and it never happened again with the subsequent prequels (it did happen again with The Force Awakens, exactly the same case).

I know the biggest complain from the fans by those years was Jar Jar Binks. It was no problem to me. Jar Jar has always been my favourite character from the prequels (@JarJarBinks is my alt account), and I was in my 30's when it came out. Yes, he was a character targeted for the kids; but that didn't make him annoying; I never have understood the hatred.

I believe the prequels tell an impressively good story, the worlds and concepts are brilliantly made, and I also think there is much more than what people see on screen that Lucas was planning; but didn't follow through. It's however badly written and executed. Lucas is brilliant on the technical aspects; but he is totally incompetent directing characters and writing dialogs. That's what imo hurts the movies the most.

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
My opinion might be a little complex. Here is my current ranking based on how I remember them right now.
  1. The Empire Strikes Back
  2. A New Hope
  3. Revenge of the Sith
  4. The Phantom Menace
  5. Return of the Jedi
  6. Attack of the Clones
Tbh when I first watched TPM, I came out from the movie theater with a down feeling; as whether I wouldn't had liked it. It was a strange feeling of disbelief; I couldn't accept that was a Star Wars movie. It happened just the first time; I enjoyed it quite a lot afterwards, and it never happened again with the subsequent prequels (it did happen again with The Force Awakens, exactly the same case).

I know the biggest complain from the fans by those years was Jar Jar Binks. It was no problem to me. Jar Jar has always been my favourite character from the prequels (@JarJarBinks is my alt account), and I was in my 30's when it came out. Yes, he was a character targeted for the kids; but that didn't make him annoying; I never have understood the hatred.

I believe the prequels tell an impressively good story, the worlds and concepts are brilliantly made, and I also think there is much more than what people see on screen that Lucas was planning; but didn't follow through. It's however badly written and executed. Lucas is brilliant on the technical aspects; but he is totally incompetent directing characters and writing dialogs. That's what imo hurts the movies the most.
I think your ranking is the most accurate I've seen and totally agree about Lucas, he lacked those qualities and the final product is just the result of this.

I was not expecting you to be @JarJarBinks .

Reactions Received
KS Coins
mesa see whysa

hmmm... mesa original account!!! whysa people tink!....

*looks at Yachii*

*sprints away*
I honestly thought you were only a random troll at the beginning but you're one of the funniest. A shame you didn't make it to the event.
:haylul:

Yachii

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Hackers
I honestly thought you were only a random troll at the beginning but you're one of the funniest. A shame you didn't make it to the event.
:haylul:
I used to see alt accounts as the most useless things that can be created; but I reached a time when I needed to see something on the forum from the perspectice of another user, so I created the alt account with that end. Not knowing what to do with it afterwards; I just decided to repurpose it to be an account to joke around. So I picked Jar Jar for that and made it as whether it were the very Jar Jar Binks the one behind it; so it's mostly an in-character account. I would not call it trolling since I'm not aiming to cause people to get angry or have a negative reaction, More like trying to make people to laugh actually.

I didn't join as Jar Jar because Gungan is not one of the races in play. I think I already explained why I didn't join with my main account.

Drew_B

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU
The Phantom Menace is the only one I can tolerate cause it has Liam Neeson and Darth Maul.

BlackpinkINSync

༺✮•°◤ 𝙀𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙣 ◥°•✮༻
Reactions Received
Website
www.ancestry.com
KS Coins
Fandom
𓂀 𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂 𓂀
Pronouns
𝙝𝙚/𝙝𝙞𝙢
They aren't particularly groundbreaking or memorable to me either.
I mostly only liked em for Darth Maul and Natalie Portman : /

And the yoda lightsaber duel was epic, but that's it really.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread