Popular animes you just can't get into (1 Viewer)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I just rarely watch animes that are long these days so watching 30 eps of sth that isn't good so that it would get good doesn't sound most appealing :jisoosmh: I know that there is some animes like that though, Katekyo Hitman Reborn is same the start is just nonsense and jokes, the plot doesn't kick in until around 20th ep.
Rurouni Kenshin as well. The Kyoto arc starts sometime after ep 30 which is AMAZING but to get to that point is :taeminface:
That's why the Trust and Betrayal OVA is superior, it's got a completely different tone- serious, melancholic, beautiful animation and voice acting. And one of the worst English dubs, pls avoid :wimwim:
 
Joined
5 June 2019
Messages
539
Reactions Received
1,946
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
there is a lot of popular anime now that I just can't enjoy, but maybe rn the most popular that I can't enjoy is BNHA... It just... I can't, I tried even read the manga but it didn't work.
In the past I couldn't get into Dragon Ball but there's these "news" (idk how new they are but they aren't old episodes too) episodes of Dragon Ball franchise that shows their daily life? And I love Vegeta and his family so much it's far more interesting than the rest of the series in my opinion.
 

dooh

Jensetter <3 Jennie
.
Joined
14 November 2018
Messages
2,778
Reactions Received
11,243
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Gintama for me too. I've tried several times but I just can't :wimwim:
And while I don't mind it, Erased (Boku dake ga inai machi) is overrated af to me :susPepe:
You shut your mouth :irenecrazy:
but oppaaaaaa @Ozymandias




nah its okay, i totally get it, some Animes are masterpieces and more, but i still cant get in and feel they are overrated, i have totally sympathy for that ! :pikahappy::pikahappy:




@Darkyoda47

Erased (Boku dake ga inai machi) is in my Top 10, maybe even Top 5 :yes: :yes:
 
Last edited:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
but oppaaaaaa @Ozymandias




nah its okay, i totally get it, some Animes are masterpieces and more, but i still cant get it in and feel they are overrated, i have totally sympathy for that ! :pikahappy::pikahappy:




@Darkyoda47

Erased (Boku dake ga inai machi) is in my Top 10, maybe even Top 5 :yes: :yes:
Oof fierce dooh chan :nekosweat:
I like it, I mean I finished all episodes pretty quickly, but I kinda figured out who'd be the killer super early and after that, it didn't feel as strong to me :yolk:
The ending wasn't my favorite either, but it's interesting in the sense that it makes you binge pretty fast :sanapray:
 

dooh

Jensetter <3 Jennie
.
Joined
14 November 2018
Messages
2,778
Reactions Received
11,243
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Oof fierce dooh chan :nekosweat:
I like it, I mean I finished all episodes pretty quickly, but I kinda figured out who'd be the killer super early and after that, it didn't feel as strong to me :yolk:
The ending wasn't my favorite either, but it's interesting in the sense that it makes you binge pretty fast :sanapray:
friend of my also didnt like the ending
i love happy endings :yes::pikahappy:

i agree they could have done a better job on who the killer was/is !
In that sense, it was good for you, but not top anime/popular :pikahappy:
 
Joined
5 March 2019
Messages
2,571
Reactions Received
7,514
Location
beomgyu
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
ATINY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Wreck
Mirai Nikki, Tokyo Ghoul and Re:Zero are really bad
I actually enjoyed Tokyo Ghoul and I'm currently rewatching it with a cousin.

I would say Dragon Ball. I never knew why it was so popular and never will watch it. I used to watch it with friends but dont like it. Not my type of Anime.
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,509
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
Anything which is too long amount of episodes I can't get into.
Like One Piece for example, it's gotten a bit ridiculous in length.

Also my attention span is terribly simple, so I can't watch more than a few episodes at any given time.

In terms of theme I am down for any and all themes, not too fussed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries
Joined
19 October 2019
Messages
59
Reactions Received
115
Location
Yugoslavia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
For me it's Jojo's Bizarre adventure and Gintama. I keep hearing how good these two are, but when I decided to give them a try I was just bored and ended up dropping them cause I couldn't keep paying attention :jisoosmh:
That's probably because you only watched the first part. I can swear that part 5, "Vento Aureo" is fucking amazing. I mean, the whole series is awesome. For example, part 4's villain is a serial killer that looks like David Bowie and uses the Al Qaeda version of the pink panther. Also, it is filled with a lot of musical references.
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
That's probably because you only watched the first part. I can swear that part 5, "Vento Aureo" is fucking amazing. I mean, the whole series is awesome. For example, part 4's villain is a serial killer that looks like David Bowie and uses the Al Qaeda version of the pink panther. Also, it is filled with a lot of musical references.
Maybe? I did watch first ep of Golden Wind as well, but wasn't that interested of continuing. It migth be that it tooks bit time to get into Jojo's bizarreness or it might be that the tone and art just isn't quite for me :dubuthink: Like sometimes u know that something is objectively good while not enjoying it that much urself
 
Joined
19 October 2019
Messages
59
Reactions Received
115
Location
Yugoslavia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Maybe? I did watch first ep of Golden Wind as well, but wasn't that interested of continuing. It migth be that it tooks bit time to get into Jojo's bizarreness or it might be that the tone and art just isn't quite for me :dubuthink: Like sometimes u know that something is objectively good while not enjoying it that much urself
I see. Well, if i say that part 7's villain (a part that isn't animated so far) is U.S.A.'s president that will keep your interest? And that his stand is a reference to ac/dc?
 
  • Haha
Reactions: blueberries
Joined
4 November 2019
Messages
345
Reactions Received
924
Location
The diamond life
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I've watched a lot of episodes of fairy tail but I haven't really been enjoying it. I keep watching hoping that I'll get into it as my friend wanted me to watch it but a lot of episodes are boring, repetitive or just fillers. I just end up putting it on in the background while I do work as it something I can listen to and know what's going on.
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries
Joined
22 April 2019
Messages
1,118
Reactions Received
2,529
Location
ᶦᵗˢ ᵃ ˢᵉᶜʳᵉᵗ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I guess One Punch Man. I wasn't really into it the first season (kinda bored me), but I did like it much better the 2nd season. I wasn't into Gintama, but I end up getting hooked on it and binge watch all the seasons. Same with One Piece I did like it when it first aired, but I end up being addicted to it. I was going to give up on watching it cuz it was already on 700 something episode, but I still push through and succeed in catching up. A lot of my fav anime tend to be more of the popular one. Though I can't get into Jojo either. Just not my type.
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
If the series has over 24 episodes you can bet that I won't give it a chance. I'm slightly more willing if it's split into seasons so I can go a season at a time but I cannot get myself into a series if it'll take me too long to catch up with it without me getting burnout unfortunately. So anything like Naruto or Attack on Titan is a no go even though I really wish I had the energy to check them out.
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread