Popular groups that aren't discussed much on KS? (1 Viewer)

Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
YOU HAVE BEEN THERE TWICE AND NEVER TOLD ME AAAA? HAAAAA? what?
I can imagine that it is popular among the younger generation though. it would be impossible to escape kpop when your country basically produces a whole different brand of music industry. I hope one day I´m lucky to go only to steal a cardboard cut out of Choi Minho :D
indeed. let me dm you some photos . i went to the thing where idols have their handprint and you could compare hands , it was so cute !!!

and when I went to n seoul tower for the love locks, guess what I found <3
1642958482281.jpeg
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: brekker and Yili
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
yeah, the info I was reading stated that BTS for example WAS really popular in SK in 2016-2017, but right now they are more internationally popular + of course domestic hardcore fans have their fair share.
I was surprised to see for example how popular John Park seems to be. he did OST for Yumi´s Cells and has plenty of other songs out. a popular artist at home, but definitely far from "popular" for international fans.

BTS are topping the Gallup survey every year with a huge dominance compared to the others ones who topped it before them. They did not top it before 2019. Their biggest Korean hit, Spring Day is going to be surpassed soon by Dynamite. They gained way more sympathy and exposure in Korea after they became famous in the West.

I went to a wedding not so long ago (2020) and the guest right besides was a 37 years old Korean woman. She told me that as a lot of people in her generation, the only Kpop group that she listened to is BTS. She even showed me her playlist with something like 30 songs by them. She is not really a fan but she casually listens to them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread