News Possibly the dumbest thing I'll read all week. (1 Viewer)

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,509
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
that is messed up yo

too much of a distraction like really....
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,386
Reactions Received
151,393
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
From my understanding “banned” here means that students prefer not to listen to it before the test, not that it’s actually banned anywhere. I see no issue with that, many people avoid certain songs or certain genres at certain times. Like most people wouldn’t listen to metal right before sleep (some would, I know, but not most). Here it basically just means ATP is really catchy, so it seems more like a compliment.
 
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,443
Reactions Received
39,056
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,679
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
From my understanding “banned” here means that students prefer not to listen to it before the test, not that it’s actually banned anywhere. I see no issue with that, many people avoid certain songs or certain genres at certain times. Like most people wouldn’t listen to metal right before sleep (some would, I know, but not most). Here it basically just means ATP is really catchy, so it seems more like a compliment.
I see the compliment but also the silliness of the situation. If a catch song prevents you from doing the test then there's a far bigger problem we need to discuss.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,386
Reactions Received
151,393
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I see the compliment but also the silliness of the situation. If a catch song prevents you from doing the test then there's a far bigger problem we need to discuss.
So when you were in high school you never encountered a time when you’re trying to focus on a test but your brain kept going back to some catchy song you had stuck in your head? :susPepe: I’ve had that experience, and I’ve heard many others say the same, so I don’t think I’m alone there.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

Magician

girl in the bubble ☆
.
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
29,345
Reactions Received
36,273
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
66,410
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
So when you were in high school you never encountered a time when you’re trying to focus on a test but your brain kept going back to some catchy song you had stuck in your head? :susPepe: I’ve had that experience, and I’ve heard many others say the same, so I don’t think I’m alone there.
I agree with you! When I studied for my final exams, I didn't listen to music at all, bc it was too distracting
 
  • Love
Reactions: Ahsoka
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,443
Reactions Received
39,056
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,679
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
So when you were in high school you never encountered a time when you’re trying to focus on a test but your brain kept going back to some catchy song you had stuck in your head? :susPepe: I’ve had that experience, and I’ve heard many others say the same, so I don’t think I’m alone there.
Every test, every time. Your talking to the definition of ADD. :haylul: But, ironically music, the catcher and happier the better is what helps me. Except IU. I can't listen to IU during a test. So I guess I should be nicer. :jenniespooked:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka

alo

Joined
3 June 2022
Messages
3,933
Reactions Received
5,700
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,116
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
i think a key aspect we're missing out on here is how seriously people in south korea take the csat. like @Ahsoka said, this isn't an official ban, but for many students to come together and say "this song is catchy as hell it'll ruin my scores in the exam" shows how important this exam is to them - and how important formal education is to south korea as a whole.

from wikipedia:
On test day, the KRX stock market opens late, and bus and metro service is increased to avoid traffic jams and allow students to get to the testing sites more easily. Planes are grounded during the listening portion of the English section so their noise does not disturb the students. In some cases, students running late for the test may be escorted to their testing site by police officers via motorcycle. Younger students and members of the students' families gather outside testing sites to cheer them on
coming from a country that also takes formal education very seriously and has a bunch of make-or-break competitive exams for high school students to take to get into college... south korea is on another level.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,386
Reactions Received
151,393
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
i think a key aspect we're missing out on here is how seriously people in south korea take the csat. like @Ahsoka said, this isn't an official ban, but for many students to come together and say "this song is catchy as hell it'll ruin my scores in the exam" shows how important this exam is to them - and how important formal education is to south korea as a whole.

from wikipedia:


coming from a country that also takes formal education very seriously and has a bunch of make-or-break competitive exams for high school students to take to get into college... south korea is on another level.
Definitely very true, comparing it to just any test in high school isn’t a proper comparison, but I went with that because it’s the easiest comparison for the average American. Even comparing it to the stress of high achieving students in the US taking the SAT is an unfair comparison, their culture is way beyond that. And plenty of people in the US do things to to improve focus and performance for the test, even without the crazy stress level they have in South Korea.
 
  • Like
Reactions: alo

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread