American metal bands are so freaking weird. It's like they get into it because they're angst-ridden outcasts and the music comes second, so then they grow up a bit, get tired of blowing out their vocal cords (because improper vocal technique is American for 'I'm a devil may care badarse', I guess), grow embarrassed by their own edginess, get tired of not making money because the US is one of the worst places to be a metal band in (partly due to work-life balance issues with their day jobs, but also in part because of religious nuts and soccer moms) and decide to make the sort of inoffensive junk rock that they play on truck commercials instead. It happens practically every damn time.
Meanwhile, European metal bands are like, 'Cool, I want to write songs about knights and dragons and how living in a winter wonderland is actually a bit shite, and I can even vent my angst without coming across as an Andrew Tate incel meathead wannabe, let's gooo~!!!' And they'll last for bloody decades before calling it quits due to nothing more than old age.
Okay, yes, there are exceptions to every rule. Black metal bands have a certain history, shall we say. And UK bands tend to get more easily influenced by US bands than those countries that aren't literally islands unto themselves. But for the most part, European metal bands are far more mature and worldly than American metal bands. And that's the tea.
I've been noticing this for ages now.