Official Post Your Random Thoughts (448 Viewers)

Yelena_Belova

#Macaroni_Fiend
.
Joined
22 December 2022
Messages
9,715
Reactions Received
14,086
Location
Avengers Tower
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6,333
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
You strike me as someone who would have a letterboxd account ngl, any other movies youve seen recently?
Maybe I should make one. Define "recently". According to my definition: Next Goal Wins, Radical, Journey To Bethlehem, The Marvels and Wish. I also plan on seeing Migration ASAP, once it comes out.
 
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: velvet

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,684
Reactions Received
9,726
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,632
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck
Maybe I should make one. Define "recently". According to my definition: Next Goal Wins, Radical, Journey To Bethlehem, The Marvels and Wish. I also plan on seeing Migration ASAP, once it comes out.

I work at a movie theatre and get to see any movie I want to in any format (regular, fancy theatre, captions, sensory friendly, 3D, etc) for free, as many tomes as I want to, and at any time the movie is showing at, provided I'm not working at that time. I take full advantage of it, and get to pull stunts like seeing Spiderverse eight times in theatres, Mario five times, Elemental three times and so on. Some movies are very rewatchable, and might as well see them in the superior format for free while I can (before they go to streaming and it costs me money).
I ENVY YOU TOO FUCKING MUCH. YOU WORK AT A CINEMA!? AND YOU CAN SEE MOVIES FOR FREE!? JAIL! NOW!

Oooooo I can't wait to see next goal wins! I love taika waititi and jojo rabbit is one of my faves of all time
How's wish btw? I've been planning on seeing it
I'm probs gonna see migration with a friend of mine when it comes out here too
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,684
Reactions Received
9,726
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,632
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck
Ooooh, is it for the kpop title tracks of 2023? I’m excited to see what your top 15 for those are!
Oooh deadass? I just did a draft and I've realised it's a sausage fest and there's only two girl groups on there... I'm probs gonna change it up so there's more gender variety, I don't like it when it's just one gender through and through

Here's a playlist I've been adding to throughout the year btw, there's no particular order to it:
 
  • Like
Reactions: shadow

Yelena_Belova

#Macaroni_Fiend
.
Joined
22 December 2022
Messages
9,715
Reactions Received
14,086
Location
Avengers Tower
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6,333
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I ENVY YOU TOO FUCKING MUCH. YOU WORK AT A CINEMA!? AND YOU CAN SEE MOVIES FOR FREE!? JAIL! NOW!

Oooooo I can't wait to see next goal wins! I love taika waititi and jojo rabbit is one of my faves of all time
How's wish btw? I've been planning on seeing it
I'm probs gonna see migration with a friend of mine when it comes out here too
Next Goals Wins is a good movie if you like sports movies. If you like sports movies, you'll like it, but if not, you might not like it quite as much. That's my verdict on it.

It's pretty good and I do recommend it. I've seen it three times so far I think, once by myself and two other times, each time with a different friend of mine. Me and both friends I saw it with all agreed it was good and pretty cute. That being said, none of us gave it a 10/10, and I do think it's a good idea to adjust your expectations. Don't think of it as a grand celebration of 100 years of Disney, because those are high expectations it won't live up to. Instead, think of it as a cute, fun, harmless kids movie with good songs and it'll probably meet those expectations much easier. Don't set yourself up for disappointment, but go in with an open mind and you'll have a good time with it. Also, there are a few plot holes that don't quite add up, so feel free to turn your brain off during those parts and ignore them the best you can.

Cool, let me know what you think. Both my friends are really excited to see it, whereas I expect it to be good, but not fantastic or revolutionary or anything.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: velvet

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,684
Reactions Received
9,726
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,632
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck

noctis

redred
.
Joined
29 May 2022
Messages
25,775
Reactions Received
14,337
Location
✩₊🐛🍥₊🍡꩜
Website
dollhausx.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
75,205
Fandom
coer
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Uhhh i just have the fnaf gang staring at me
I CANT SLEEP :animecry:
 

noctis

redred
.
Joined
29 May 2022
Messages
25,775
Reactions Received
14,337
Location
✩₊🐛🍥₊🍡꩜
Website
dollhausx.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
75,205
Fandom
coer
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
AND I MISS YOONGI
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,684
Reactions Received
9,726
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,632
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck
Next Goals Wins is a good movie if you like sports movies. If you like sports movies, you'll like it, but if not, you might not like it quite as much. That's my verdict on it.

It's pretty good and I do recommend it. I've seen it three times so far I think, once by myself and two other times, each time with a different friend of mine. Me and both friends I saw it with all agreed it was good and pretty cute. That being said, none of us gave it a 10/10, and I do think it's a good idea to adjust your expectations. Don't think of it as a grand celebration of 100 years of Disney, because those are high expectations it won't live up to. Instead, think of it as a cute, fun, harmless kids movie with good songs and it'll probably meet those expectations much easier. Don't set yourself up for disappointment, but go in with an open mind and you'll have a good time with it. Also, there are a few plot holes that don't quite add up, so feel free to turn your brain off during those parts and ignore them the best you can.

Cool, let me know what you think. Both my friends are really excited to see it, whereas I expect it to be good, but not fantastic or revolutionary or anything.
Okay okay Ic ic I'll keep that in mind when it comes out!

That's a bit depressing that the 100th anniversary movie isn't actually one, the trailer does look harmless and inoffensive but I do agree with you we should stop demanding so much from disney movies nowadays, studios like sony and dreamworks are easily filling the gap with spiderverse and puss in boots, tmnt was also a very pleasent surpise

I don't think it's going to be revolutionary, nothing with the producers of minions is ever gonna be lol, still im keeping an open mind, the comedy looks more smart than other illumination movies from the trailer so im holding onto hope
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,684
Reactions Received
9,726
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,632
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck
Uhhh i just have the fnaf gang staring at me
I CANT SLEEP :animecry:
hur hur hur hur hur hur hur hur hur *bear emoji*
 
  • Wow
Reactions: noctis

Yelena_Belova

#Macaroni_Fiend
.
Joined
22 December 2022
Messages
9,715
Reactions Received
14,086
Location
Avengers Tower
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6,333
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Okay okay Ic ic I'll keep that in mind when it comes out!

That's a bit depressing that the 100th anniversary movie isn't actually one, the trailer does look harmless and inoffensive but I do agree with you we should stop demanding so much from disney movies nowadays, studios like sony and dreamworks are easily filling the gap with spiderverse and puss in boots, tmnt was also a very pleasent surpise

I don't think it's going to be revolutionary, nothing with the producers of minions is ever gonna be lol, still im keeping an open mind, the comedy looks more smart than other illumination movies from the trailer so im holding onto hope
It is one, and it does have literal hundreds of easter eggs to their previous movies and references to their tropes, but very few of them serve any plot relevance at all, and are moreso just cool to spot and that's as deep as they go if that makes sense. I agree, except for TMNT, I hated it and think it's way overhyped. Saw it twice and hated it both times. The artstyle made sense, but the colors and shapes didn't work for me, the puke jokes were gross, the BTS reference was forced and Butter of all songs? Really? Why not a korean one at least? I also didn't connect with the personalities as much as I wanted to. I know a lot of people liked it, but it's just not for me at all. Spiderverse and Puss In Boots 2 were both peak for me though and I loved them both.

Oh I completely agree. One of my friends really loves Minions unironically though, so he might disagree, but I agree. Whenever I see their beady eyes, I see a soulless reminder of capitalism and corporate greed. I do think it looks like it'll be fun and I'll go watch it with my friends (mostly so they can see it for free, I get to bring one guest at a time with me and they can get in free too).
 
  • Love
Reactions: velvet

noctis

redred
.
Joined
29 May 2022
Messages
25,775
Reactions Received
14,337
Location
✩₊🐛🍥₊🍡꩜
Website
dollhausx.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
75,205
Fandom
coer
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
  • Haha
Reactions: velvet

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,684
Reactions Received
9,726
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,632
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck
It is one, and it does have literal hundreds of easter eggs to their previous movies and references to their tropes, but very few of them serve any plot relevance at all, and are moreso just cool to spot and that's as deep as they go if that makes sense. I agree, except for TMNT, I hated it and think it's way overhyped. Saw it twice and hated it both times. The artstyle made sense, but the colors and shapes didn't work for me, the puke jokes were gross, the BTS reference was forced and Butter of all songs? Really? Why not a korean one at least? I also didn't connect with the personalities as much as I wanted to. I know a lot of people liked it, but it's just not for me at all. Spiderverse and Puss In Boots 2 were both peak for me though and I loved them both.

Oh I completely agree. One of my friends really loves Minions unironically though, so he might disagree, but I agree. Whenever I see their beady eyes, I see a soulless reminder of capitalism and corporate greed. I do think it looks like it'll be fun and I'll go watch it with my friends (mostly so they can see it for free, I get to bring one guest at a time with me and they can get in free too).
You don't like tmnt? :blocked: /j

mmm yeah i see that, not making me hyped for it ngl

FUCKING HELL STOP TALKING ABOUT YOUR JOB I GET IT ITS THE BEST PART TIME JOB EVER RAHHHHHHHHHH I WANNA BE YOU RN!!!!!!!
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,684
Reactions Received
9,726
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,632
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck
Also forgot that I saw The Boy and The Heron recently, as well as FNAF.
Fnaf is peak (im one of those josh hutcherson stans lol), gonna see the boy and the heron soon
 

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,684
Reactions Received
9,726
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,632
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck
Do you love yourself so much that you shave your legs in the shower while christmas music is playing in the background then mosturize your legs and put on your rabbit headband? Cause I do
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

Yelena_Belova

#Macaroni_Fiend
.
Joined
22 December 2022
Messages
9,715
Reactions Received
14,086
Location
Avengers Tower
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6,333
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
You don't like tmnt? :blocked: /j

mmm yeah i see that, not making me hyped for it ngl

FUCKING HELL STOP TALKING ABOUT YOUR JOB I GET IT ITS THE BEST PART TIME JOB EVER RAHHHHHHHHHH I WANNA BE YOU RN!!!!!!!
Yeah, it's trash.
 
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: velvet

Yelena_Belova

#Macaroni_Fiend
.
Joined
22 December 2022
Messages
9,715
Reactions Received
14,086
Location
Avengers Tower
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6,333
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Do you love yourself so much that you shave your legs in the shower while christmas music is playing in the background then mosturize your legs and put on your rabbit headband? Cause I do
NO I DON'T!!!!!!! Stop rubbing it in my face!!!!!!! /j
 
  • Haha
Reactions: velvet

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread