- Joined
- 22 June 2023
- Messages
- 8,077
- Reactions Received
- 9,257
- Location
- not great
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 21,905
Ummm, I'm not sure what kind of steel your using but as a blacksmith and welder who's forge works a steady 1800f and maxes out around 2100... I've never had steel ignite....Steel IGNITES at around 1300*F
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Just bending facts a lil.Ummm, I'm not sure what kind of steel your using but as a blacksmith and welder who's forge works a steady 1800f and maxes out around 2100... I've never had steel ignite....![]()
![]()
I have some powdered 1095 but it's to expensive to experiment with. I do enjoy burning magnesium though.Just bending facts a lil.
if you powderize steel you can make it burn (think thermite powder mix) , but aluminum foil actually truly burns quite nicely at that temp too!
just like if you try to light a log with a match versus the same amount of wood in sawdust format.