procrastination (1 Viewer)

Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
1,124
Reactions Received
7,796
Location
Fuck me Chico
Website
www.allkpop.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Wreck
These past few months I've been having trouble focusing...I don't know how to put it but doing work whether it be school-related or not is a struggle. I don't know if I should even say procrastination at this point it's more of neglection? Jesus, I suck at explaining but the drive or motivation to do it has disappeared I don't know what's wrong with me?? My grades are only getting worse but I don't care as much as I use to? before I would cry but now I'm just eh? I have strict parents so I do my best hiding emails/report cards...but I don't even try and improve my grade...I don't know why I feel this way?
Is it just plain laziness or what?
:(
I'm not really good at expressing my emotions or thoughts but I just wanted to put this out there as a release...​
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
These past few months I've been having trouble focusing...I don't know how to put it but doing work whether it be school-related or not is a struggle. I don't know if I should even say procrastination at this point it's more of neglection? Jesus, I suck at explaining but the drive or motivation to do it has disappeared I don't know what's wrong with me?? My grades are only getting worse but I don't care as much as I use to? before I would cry but now I'm just eh? I have strict parents so I do my best hiding emails/report cards...but I don't even try and improve my grade...I don't know why I feel this way?
Is it just plain laziness or what?
:(
I'm not really good at expressing my emotions or thoughts but I just wanted to put this out there as a release...​
I like this guy tips about the subject



I'm just posting here to say ily though
 
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
You are in high school right? From my experience a lot of top student kids start getting slower in that age. Worst part about it is that, in this age your grades actually matter (unless you are part of that extremely smart minority who can build a business without the help of school) I am now in college and have lots of regrets about my high school studying habits.

One of the best things that I learnt through life is this dopamine detox thing. If you have one day per week which you completely quit all sort of activities that give you high amount of joy, it will be easier to do more boring activities like studying. Quit any sort of social media usage on this day (preferably don't use electronics at all). No junk foods, no music etc. It's difficult and you will be bored, but it will worth it in the end.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Sometimes when things get too overwhelming somehow it gets the past of point to worrying for me and I just kinda give up, stop caring. I had this happening to me sometimes during high school, not that often there though and sometimes in university as well. It's not always bad I guess, I can still get sth done and I won't feel as stressed about it.. but it will get postponed and neglected a bit. Maybe it's something similar for you.

I'd try planning ur time and workload better so you wouldn't feel too overwhelmed and stressed. And just kinda trying to force yourself to tackle one thing at time.
 

perhapz

ab imo pectore
.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
6,070
Reactions Received
31,387
Location
🏰 & 🍀
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Sometimes it's hard to find the motivation to persue our objetives or even simple tasks in our lifes, indeed. I think the only thing I could say is the world isn't waiting for us to choose to be in the driver seats of our lives, it depends only on us. Maybe try to find more stuff that motivates you, or maybe small goals that makes you feel complete whenever your reach them?
 
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
1,124
Reactions Received
7,796
Location
Fuck me Chico
Website
www.allkpop.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Wreck
Sometimes when things get too overwhelming somehow it gets the past of point to worrying for me and I just kinda give up, stop caring. I had this happening to me sometimes during high school, not that often there though and sometimes in university as well. It's not always bad I guess, I can still get sth done and I won't feel as stressed about it.. but it will get postponed and neglected a bit. Maybe it's something similar for you.

I'd try planning ur time and workload better so you wouldn't feel too overwhelmed and stressed. And just kinda trying to force yourself to tackle one thing at time.
Thank you!
You're right I think I relate to this a lot! Definitely will try to set a plan to help me catch up
 
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
1,124
Reactions Received
7,796
Location
Fuck me Chico
Website
www.allkpop.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Wreck
You are in high school right? From my experience a lot of top student kids start getting slower in that age. Worst part about it is that, in this age your grades actually matter (unless you are part of that extremely smart minority who can build a business without the help of school) I am now in college and have lots of regrets about my high school studying habits.

One of the best things that I learnt through life is this dopamine detox thing. If you have one day per week which you completely quit all sort of activities that give you high amount of joy, it will be easier to do more boring activities like studying. Quit any sort of social media usage on this day (preferably don't use electronics at all). No junk foods, no music etc. It's difficult and you will be bored, but it will worth it in the end.
Ok, I really do like this dopamine detox:hayshook: I think that would be best for me

Thank you for the help!!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and jasque

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,387
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
It's definitely normal, sometimes we just lose motivation. I've definitely been through it before. Not sure I really know how to help since I was dealing with other things and never fully got it back until those problems got better but don't worry, you aren't alone, and there will be a lot of people who are willing to help you out :nekolove:
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I really can relate to this all. I loose my focus constantly and get distracted by things all the time. my motivation isn’t the best. it affects me all so badly in the end and it‘s just :umjicry:

hope we all can try to motivate each other
 
  • Love
Reactions: winwinlucas

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
  • Love
Reactions: winwinlucas

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread