COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Producer jailed for abusing idols (East Light) (1 Viewer)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Link to Soompi's article on this:

The East Light’s Former Producer Moon Young Il Jailed Ahead Of Trial For Abuse Allegations

So some of members of kpop group East Light revealed that their company's producer has been abusing them both verbally and physically to extent of leaving choking them with guitar chords, beating them camera's turned off to point of injuries etc. There was even live video thing where rest of the members were having chat with fans while you can hear absent member yelling in pain in the video due to being abused. The kpop company answered to accusations by terminating contract of the whole group. The member who came out with the story was kicked out of company even before these happenings cause he protested against the abuse: The East Light’s Lee Seok Cheol Opens Up About Recent Reports Of Abuse + To Take Legal Action

It does seem like SK's legal system is taking this serious and the producer has been jailed to wait for the trial on the case. However also company's CEO and president have been both investigated for inciting violence as well as violating child welfare laws (members were minors when the beatings happened).

I'm really hoping that this will be heavily punished, not only the producer, but also the company and I hope they will need to compensate the members as well for terminating their contract. Also I wish for the best for the members, and especially to brothers who decided to reveal this abuse rather than trying keeping quiet about it. Hopefully this case would also help other idols in the similar situations to speak up against the abuse.

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Finally, some justice. The Eastlight's situation is completely messed up but it really puts things into perspective. There must be more cases similar to this within the industry to this day.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
...that’s just messed up
Yea it's pretty unsettling one to read about too, especially how far the abuse event, it wasn't just slaps etc.

Finally, some justice. The Eastlight's situation is completely messed up but it really puts things into perspective. There must be more cases similar to this within the industry to this day.
Yup I'm sure there is other cases as well where members have been abuses both verbally and physically. I hope it'd be easier for idols to report these, but like happened with East Light's situation, you can get thrown from the company for even speaking against it in the company. And apparently other members didn't want him to talk about it publicly, cause it would meant end of the group like it did.

Soogi

radical kyeominist
Reactions Received
Website
kyeomblr.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
KYEOM CULT
Pronouns
she / her
Ship
my heart really hurts for them... i hope that vile excuse for a human being gets the punishment he deserves and same goes for the staff that turned a blind eye to the abuse. i saw clips of them on the unexpected q and they're such nice, fun kids naww,, to think they were suffering so much..

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
my heart really hurts for them... i hope that vile excuse for a human being gets the punishment he deserves and same goes for the staff that turned a blind eye to the abuse. i saw clips of them on the unexpected q and they're such nice, fun kids naww,, to think they were suffering so much..
Yep I think they need to heavily punish the CEO as well and the company, at least financially. It was company's responsibility to not let this happen and they did know the abuse was happening. They shouldn't been able to just terminate the group and continue like they did nothing wrong.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
What took them so long?

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
What took them so long?
To jail him? Well the member came out with the story and saying he will pursue legal actions middle of October. I guess it just takes time to investigate such things idk ^^;

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I think it's great that east light got some justice
And won't be near that horrible CEO and producer again
Cause they didn't deserve the abuse
I hope they'll be okay and get the proper support to help them move past this horrible ordeal

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread