- Joined
- 4 November 2018
- Messages
- 17,947
- Reactions Received
- 38,146
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 16,470
- Fandom
- inspirit
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- Goddess
- Ship
- Wreck
*So just to give a disclaimer I have not watched this show. I don't even really know the full context of it or the challenges really either so any of my thoughts are straight up just my thoughts and what I thought was the best performance to me verses the worst. This isn't meant to be hateful but I am very opinionated and may upset you if you don't like to hear anything negative about your favorite girl groups*
-signed a girl group stan <3
1. Mamamoo-Decalcomanie
This performance was the best out of all of them for multiple reasons. First, it felt like I was watching a girl groups concert. There was so much energy and good vibes coming from the girls as they performed one of my most FAVORITE songs from them as a group. They didn't drastically alter the song or their sound to pull off this performance and really kind of let it stand on its own which I appreciate. I usually am NOT the biggest fan of remixes at all. I hate them for the most part. But they did good and really stood out.
2. Park Bom-You and I
So this might shock people especially if you know how PICKY I can be with vocals and while I don't think this was Bom's best vocal performance it still hit me really fucking hard. As someone who grew up on 2ne1 and Bom and ANY second-generation group her performing this song made me tear up a bit. Also, the choir joining in to back her up really made me even more emotional and just brought up a lot of nostalgia and feelings that I was shocked by myself. Plus the stage itself was beautiful and stunning in my opinion. So because of all of that she gets this position.
3. AOA-Miniskirt
So this one was originally 4th place but then I realized that I actually kind of preferred it to the group I was originally going to place here. I will admit the stage felt kind of bare with so many of the original members no longer being there but the main reason they got this position for me is because of the presence they DID have. I can be REALLY picky when it comes to girl groups having crazy good sexual appeal and stage presence but AOA really dominated here. Jimin ,in particular, was serving attitude, and I LOVED it. Also, the dance break wasn't amazing but it fit the stage and was still good!
4. (G)I-dle-Latata
So I think this was the performance people kind of lost their shit over but for me it was ok. I don't think it was bad per se but the slowdown of the original song just didn't work for me. I will say they did great presence wise, and I also liked the opening bit with Minnie. Also like nothing was necessarily bad but nothing was really great either. I feel like I kind of forgot the performance a bit as well. Also, Miyeon looked really good-just saying. Oh and I wasn't the biggest fan of the hype that Soyeon had, it contrasted with the overall feeling of the remix they had and it just didn't work for me.
5. Oh My Girl-Secret Garden
I wish they could've done closer not gonna lie. I don't know I will say I liked the ribbon bit at the very start and I do believe the girls can pull off dark concepts but this just wasn't it. It felt mostly like a regular performance for them (albeit they usually give good performances so that isn't a diss). But that being said the only bit that felt special or different or exciting was the beginning part with the ribbon. Also, the song while able to kind of go with a bit of classy heaviness just didn't really fit the entirety of the stage and that threw me off a bit too. This pains me to say as a Miracle.
6. Lovelyz-AhChoo
So I was thinking when I began watching these that the point was to do a darker concept but given Mamamoo & Bom's stages I don't think that is the case so I don't fully get this stage or performance. I understand that Lovelyz maybe wanted to show a more mature and dark side to themselves but given Kei's cheery and smiley demeanor throughout this stage it just really did not work. Some of the members pulled it off well though, and I liked that-also the dance break wasn't bad but it was also forgettable and didn't fit the song either. I just wasn't the biggest fan of this stage and it was the worst one of this episode.
-signed a girl group stan <3
1. Mamamoo-Decalcomanie
This performance was the best out of all of them for multiple reasons. First, it felt like I was watching a girl groups concert. There was so much energy and good vibes coming from the girls as they performed one of my most FAVORITE songs from them as a group. They didn't drastically alter the song or their sound to pull off this performance and really kind of let it stand on its own which I appreciate. I usually am NOT the biggest fan of remixes at all. I hate them for the most part. But they did good and really stood out.
2. Park Bom-You and I
So this might shock people especially if you know how PICKY I can be with vocals and while I don't think this was Bom's best vocal performance it still hit me really fucking hard. As someone who grew up on 2ne1 and Bom and ANY second-generation group her performing this song made me tear up a bit. Also, the choir joining in to back her up really made me even more emotional and just brought up a lot of nostalgia and feelings that I was shocked by myself. Plus the stage itself was beautiful and stunning in my opinion. So because of all of that she gets this position.
3. AOA-Miniskirt
So this one was originally 4th place but then I realized that I actually kind of preferred it to the group I was originally going to place here. I will admit the stage felt kind of bare with so many of the original members no longer being there but the main reason they got this position for me is because of the presence they DID have. I can be REALLY picky when it comes to girl groups having crazy good sexual appeal and stage presence but AOA really dominated here. Jimin ,in particular, was serving attitude, and I LOVED it. Also, the dance break wasn't amazing but it fit the stage and was still good!
4. (G)I-dle-Latata
So I think this was the performance people kind of lost their shit over but for me it was ok. I don't think it was bad per se but the slowdown of the original song just didn't work for me. I will say they did great presence wise, and I also liked the opening bit with Minnie. Also like nothing was necessarily bad but nothing was really great either. I feel like I kind of forgot the performance a bit as well. Also, Miyeon looked really good-just saying. Oh and I wasn't the biggest fan of the hype that Soyeon had, it contrasted with the overall feeling of the remix they had and it just didn't work for me.
5. Oh My Girl-Secret Garden
I wish they could've done closer not gonna lie. I don't know I will say I liked the ribbon bit at the very start and I do believe the girls can pull off dark concepts but this just wasn't it. It felt mostly like a regular performance for them (albeit they usually give good performances so that isn't a diss). But that being said the only bit that felt special or different or exciting was the beginning part with the ribbon. Also, the song while able to kind of go with a bit of classy heaviness just didn't really fit the entirety of the stage and that threw me off a bit too. This pains me to say as a Miracle.
6. Lovelyz-AhChoo
So I was thinking when I began watching these that the point was to do a darker concept but given Mamamoo & Bom's stages I don't think that is the case so I don't fully get this stage or performance. I understand that Lovelyz maybe wanted to show a more mature and dark side to themselves but given Kei's cheery and smiley demeanor throughout this stage it just really did not work. Some of the members pulled it off well though, and I liked that-also the dance break wasn't bad but it was also forgettable and didn't fit the song either. I just wasn't the biggest fan of this stage and it was the worst one of this episode.