Queendom PD talks about possible season 2 (1 Viewer)

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,224
Reactions Received
76,669
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,687
Ship
Wreck
The producing director (PD) of Mnet’s “Queendom” has addressed the possibility of a second season of the show!

On November 1, PD Jo Wook Hyung sat down for an interview to share his thoughts on the girl group competition program, which had aired its live finale the day prior.

Repeatedly praising the contestants’ dedication, work ethic, and commitment to putting on high-quality performances, Jo Wook Hyung remarked, “I’m incredibly grateful, because the artists who appeared on the show worked extremely hard.”

“I’ve heard people say that ‘Queendom’ gave people the opportunity to see idols in a different light, which made me very happy,” he continued. “Up until now, people hadn’t had much of a chance to see the participants taking the initiative in creating something, so I’m happy that we were able to show those kinds of things [through ‘Queendom’].”

During its run, “Queendom” and several of its artists dominated the Good Data Corporation’s weekly rankings of the most buzzworthy non-drama TV shows for six consecutive weeks. Jo Wook Hyung commented, “Because we achieved good results in terms of buzz, I think the company looked favorably upon the show.”

He then emphasized that the contestants deserved the credit for the program’s success, explaining humbly, “I didn’t know that the artists would work this hard and put on such amazing stages.”

The PD added, “While other competition programs focused more on singers’ voices, I think ‘Queendom’ really put the spotlight on groups that knew how to put on a performance.”

Before the premiere of “Queendom,” Jo Wook Hyung mentioned that if the show was a success, there was potential for a second season featuring male artists—which he referred to as “Kingdom” at the time.

When asked about the possibility of a second season, the PD shared optimistically, “There have been discussions of a Season 2 within the company.”

However, he went on to reveal that a second season of “Queendom” might look very different from the first.

“First, we need to take the time to look for artists who would be able to appear on the next season,” said the PD. “Nothing has been officially decided. We may still go in a different direction in terms of [planning and casting].”

Source​
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I would love a second season but I am not sure if I would be that big into a male version.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I really ended up liking the Queendom. I was afraid it would be bit more cutthroat between idols and fighty between fans, but overall it was great opportunity for artist to show their skills and I personally loved how you got to know the members behind the groups too. It was nice how everyone got along and supported each other as well. Even Park Bom being there as solo artist didn't feel too out of place (apart from that one dance performance).

What the PD said about the performances was so true though. Especially the performance in the final, they were better than you see at MAMA's and other year end shows most of the time. And them bringing great performances like that every week, just wow.

I'd love to see Kingdom, I think it would be great opportunity for many boy groups who are older and struggling with popularity, and also newcomers to get their names out there. I'm not sure who I would like to see here.. most of my fav groups have disbanded already or are in indefinite hiatus so this wouldn' help them anymore ^^; But from older groups Teen Top and B1A4 could be interesting. And well what about 2PM, I feel like they could be really revived through the show.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I really ended up liking the Queendom. I was afraid it would be bit more cutthroat between idols and fighty between fans, but overall it was great opportunity for artist to show their skills and I personally loved how you got to know the members behind the groups too. It was nice how everyone got along and supported each other as well. Even Park Bom being there as solo artist didn't feel too out of place (apart from that one dance performance).

What the PD said about the performances was so true though. Especially the performance in the final, they were better than you see at MAMA's and other year end shows most of the time. And them bringing great performances like that every week, just wow.

I'd love to see Kingdom, I think it would be great opportunity for many boy groups who are older and struggling with popularity, and also newcomers to get their names out there. I'm not sure who I would like to see here.. most of my fav groups have disbanded already or are in indefinite hiatus so this wouldn' help them anymore ^^; But from older groups Teen Top and B1A4 could be interesting. And well what about 2PM, I feel like they could be really revived through the show.
Teen Top would be possible. B1A4 and 2PM can't really happen rn. I think Infinite would be intresting but members are in military rn so who knows? I think a Kingdom would probably feature newer bg's tho.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,224
Reactions Received
76,669
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,687
Ship
Wreck
I would love a second season but I am not sure if I would be that big into a male version.
I wouldn't be that big into a male version either since i'm a girl group stan but ofc there are people who would eat it up. I do think that Mnet could turn it into a cutthroat competition though if they made a lineup out of rookies versus having established groups like Mamamoo who don't need to worry.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I wouldn't be that big into a male version either since i'm a girl group stan but ofc there are people who would eat it up. I do think that Mnet could turn it into a cutthroat competition though if they made a lineup out of rookies versus having established groups like Mamamoo who don't need to worry.
yeah that's true. I do think it will be way more competative and fandoms would fight way more.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I would love a second season but I am not sure if I would be that big into a male version.
Tbh, although I'd watch Kingdom, I would still prefer Queendom vol.2. And yup it's hard for me to think possible bgs that could be there, i have just payed lot more attention to girls lately.
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
Queendom really got me interested in girl groups and helped me discover so many new talents. I would love a season 2 whether male or female. Although, as weird as it sounds (for me the bg stan), I think I want another female version.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Tbh, although I'd watch Kingdom, I would still prefer Queendom vol.2. And yup it's hard for me to think possible bgs that could be there, i have just payed lot more attention to girls lately.
that's how it is with me. I have been way more into gg's so it is difficult for me to think of possible bg's that could participate
 

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,595
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,408
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
firstly i wasn't that sure if this show was a good idea as it could be too competitive but watching it thankfully proved me wrong. if there's a 2nd season it would be great! lowkey hoping it's girl groups again, though i know it's unlikely
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I really ended up liking the Queendom. I was afraid it would be bit more cutthroat between idols and fighty between fans, but overall it was great opportunity for artist to show their skills and I personally loved how you got to know the members behind the groups too. It was nice how everyone got along and supported each other as well. Even Park Bom being there as solo artist didn't feel too out of place (apart from that one dance performance).

What the PD said about the performances was so true though. Especially the performance in the final, they were better than you see at MAMA's and other year end shows most of the time. And them bringing great performances like that every week, just wow.

I'd love to see Kingdom, I think it would be great opportunity for many boy groups who are older and struggling with popularity, and also newcomers to get their names out there. I'm not sure who I would like to see here.. most of my fav groups have disbanded already or are in indefinite hiatus so this wouldn' help them anymore ^^; But from older groups Teen Top and B1A4 could be interesting. And well what about 2PM, I feel like they could be really revived through the show.
I agree with you, I wasn't that interested at the beginning but it ended up being very good. The interactions between older and rookies was way more natural than expected and Bom was like a wild card which gave surprises from time to time.
I don't know if I'll watch a male season but I'd love Queendom 2, with Hyuna, Sunmi or Jessi as soloist and Loona, G-friend, ladies' code or Everglow as GGs.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I agree with you, I wasn't that interested at the beginning but it ended up being very good. The interactions between older and rookies was way more natural than expected and Bom was like a wild card which gave surprises from time to time.
I don't know if I'll watch a male season but I'd love Queendom 2, with Hyuna, Sunmi or Jessi as soloist and Loona, G-friend, ladies' code or Everglow as GGs.
or maybe Jessi and Hyuna could form a duo :sanapray: I think Everglow would be intresting, same with Loona. I also think April, Weki Meki or WJSN would also be intresting groups for a queendom 2
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I agree with you, I wasn't that interested at the beginning but it ended up being very good. The interactions between older and rookies was way more natural than expected and Bom was like a wild card which gave surprises from time to time.
I don't know if I'll watch a male season but I'd love Queendom 2, with Hyuna, Sunmi or Jessi as soloist and Loona, G-friend, ladies' code or Everglow as GGs.
I think lot of people were sceptical, mostly because putting groups against each other like that and also possible fandom wars. But i'm glad there wasn't issues like that.

G-Friend and Ladies Code would be both aamazing additions to show. Also Hyuna or Sunmi. I'm not too familiar with rest. But yes with girls there is already lot of ideas who could be in S2.
 
Joined
30 May 2019
Messages
72
Reactions Received
214
Location
Tangina Land
Website
www.youtube.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
i'd be excited but then i realized i wouldn't be excited for any groups anymore except for loona or dreamcatcher since the first season's already went all out with their contestants.

times like these makes me miss 4minute even more, they could've been a part of possible contestants for a second season
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,224
Reactions Received
76,669
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,687
Ship
Wreck
I think a 'Kingdom' is a must and should happen next, yet I wouldn't watch it lol
I would definitely watch a season 2 of Queendom though.
Kingdom really has to happen to expand the life of the show as excluding the Big 3 groups and Mnets own groups then the show would run out after like 3 seasons since once they've had Gfriend and Apink on then who is there left to bring for that big draw like Mamamoo?
 
Joined
14 July 2019
Messages
2,532
Reactions Received
8,405
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Kingdom really has to happen to expand the life of the show as excluding the Big 3 groups and Mnets own groups then the show would run out after like 3 seasons since once they've had Gfriend and Apink on then who is there left to bring for that big draw like Mamamoo?
That is true and yes, a Kingdom is a must anyway as if you're going to do the girls, then you have to do the boys as well and vice versa.
But for a Queendom to really expand, then I think over time, groups who have already been on the show should go on again but compete against with different groups. I think that's the only way for the show to have more longevity.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,224
Reactions Received
76,669
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,687
Ship
Wreck
That is true and yes, a Kingdom is a must anyway as if you're going to do the girls, then you have to do the boys as well and vice versa.
But for a Queendom to really expand, then I think over time, groups who have already been on the show should go on again but compete against with different groups. I think that's the only way for the show to have more longevity.
I think reusing some of the lesser known groups could definitely be an option but I think reusing a group like Mamamoo/Gfriend has potential for mess since you know people wouldn't like it if they already won and went on the show again.
 
Joined
14 July 2019
Messages
2,532
Reactions Received
8,405
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I think reusing some of the lesser known groups could definitely be an option but I think reusing a group like Mamamoo/Gfriend has potential for mess since you know people wouldn't like it if they already won and went on the show again.
So why not have at least 2 previous winners in the same show? Also, if a group who is not well known goes on on the show with the likes of Gfriend and Mamamoo, then that could really help them.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread