Question About Shoe Cleaning/Maintenance (1 Viewer)

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
Question About Shoe Cleaning/Maintenance


I recently got a pair of leather "boat shoes".

I intend for them to be my go to "around the house/casual" shoes. Like shoes I can slip on quickly to wear without socks around the house or in the yard or on errands to the store. That sort of thing.

My question is that since I'm not planning on wearing socks, and I'm a male that does sweat a lot, what's the best way to prevent and/or keep them from eventually smelling? Or eliminate odor if it does occur?


You can't really wash leather shoes in the washing machine right?

So are there other ways to maintain a smell free shoe?

I'm really only concerned about the odor inside the shoe. And not concerned about keeping the condition of the leather, etc.


Any tips from shoe aficionados?


Thanks!
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
i heard you can put teabags inside shoes to get rid of smell
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
yeah like what was said before : a teabag can help. I also would recommend using like black tea teabags.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread