Question of the day #1 (1 Viewer)

centen

.
.
.
Joined
5 January 2023
Messages
17,607
Reactions Received
18,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,120
Fandom
Neverland
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Murderbot! Minus all the murdering. And being a robot.

Here are some quotes to explain why:
“I liked the imaginary people on the entertainment feed way more than I liked real ones, but you can’t have one without the other.”
“The sense of urgency just wasn’t there. Also, you may have noticed, I don’t care.”
“I hate having emotions about reality; I’d much rather have them about Sanctuary Moon.” (Context: Sanctuary Moon is basically a TV show in this world.)
“I was depressed this morning. I’d tried watching some new serials last night and even they couldn’t distract me; reality was too intrusive.”
"I just wanted to sink into my media downloads for a while and pretend I didn't exist."
"'Just remember you're not alone here.' I never know what to say to that. I am actually alone in my head, and that's where 90 plus percent of my problems are."

I ruminate a lot -- it's a bad habit I'm trying to break -- so I relate strongly to the anxious bewilderment of being both very competent at some things and finding social interaction stressful.

The entire series is delightful (and it's short, so I try to bully people into at least trying the first one. It's like, 150 pages, or ~3 hours on audiobook. Which has an A+ narrator).

 
  • Love
Reactions: Boyo

Boyo

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅
.
.
Joined
24 October 2018
Messages
55,476
Reactions Received
41,094
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
241,144
Fandom
Mingyutized
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Murderbot! Minus all the murdering. And being a robot.

Here are some quotes to explain why:
“I liked the imaginary people on the entertainment feed way more than I liked real ones, but you can’t have one without the other.”
“The sense of urgency just wasn’t there. Also, you may have noticed, I don’t care.”
“I hate having emotions about reality; I’d much rather have them about Sanctuary Moon.” (Context: Sanctuary Moon is basically a TV show in this world.)
“I was depressed this morning. I’d tried watching some new serials last night and even they couldn’t distract me; reality was too intrusive.”
"I just wanted to sink into my media downloads for a while and pretend I didn't exist."
"'Just remember you're not alone here.' I never know what to say to that. I am actually alone in my head, and that's where 90 plus percent of my problems are."

I ruminate a lot -- it's a bad habit I'm trying to break -- so I relate strongly to the anxious bewilderment of being both very competent at some things and finding social interaction stressful.

The entire series is delightful (and it's short, so I try to bully people into at least trying the first one. It's like, 150 pages, or ~3 hours on audiobook. Which has an A+ narrator).

This sounds interesting, I may look after it. I’m sure it won awards for a reason.

I can relate to finding social interactions stressful. I wasn’t like this before, so it’s kinda surprising to me too how much I don’t want to talk to people. Not because I don’t like them, I’m just like that.
 
  • Love
Reactions: centen

centen

.
.
.
Joined
5 January 2023
Messages
17,607
Reactions Received
18,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,120
Fandom
Neverland
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
This sounds interesting, I may look after it. I’m sure it won awards for a reason.

I can relate to finding social interactions stressful. I wasn’t like this before, so it’s kinda surprising to me too how much I don’t want to talk to people. Not because I don’t like them, I’m just like that.
SAME. I remember being able to talk to people when I was younger, but idk if it's technology making face-to-face less practiced or just ... I'm old enough that my parents can't force me out to do things or the pandemic or what, but it's something I have to mentally talk myself into more these days.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Boyo

Myth

* ☀︎Potato Minhyuk’s Military Wifey * ♥
.
Joined
19 November 2021
Messages
15,604
Reactions Received
18,866
Location
In Intak's arms uwu
Website
mintakyy.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
27,584
Fandom
P1eceVillain+
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
ALL OF THEM
Oh! Well, I've kind of took a dive through Ranma 1/2 recently. It's one of my childhood anime I guess. I watched it religiously in middle school.

Anyways, Ranma's ability to transform from male to female is definitely a source of gender envy to me, but I also adore his smartass and headstrong attitude. I think I do have that kind of sassy attitude/cynicism to things but also a lot of stubbornness to succeed like he does and soft spots and willingness to do anything for loved ones like he does for his love interest Akane. I think his attitude and how he approaches things is something I relate to or at least want to aspire to in some ways.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Boyo

Boyo

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅
.
.
Joined
24 October 2018
Messages
55,476
Reactions Received
41,094
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
241,144
Fandom
Mingyutized
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
SAME. I remember being able to talk to people when I was younger, but idk if it's technology making face-to-face less practiced or just ... I'm old enough that my parents can't force me out to do things or the pandemic or what, but it's something I have to mentally talk myself into more these days.
I mean, I’m okay with my family members, friends and co-workers when it comes to a face to face talk, but when it’s in the store, bakery, bank, etc. I can feel very uncomfortable when I need to talk to that strangers. Idk what happened to me, but yeah. I totally understand how you feel.
 
  • Love
Reactions: centen

Boyo

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅
.
.
Joined
24 October 2018
Messages
55,476
Reactions Received
41,094
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
241,144
Fandom
Mingyutized
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Oh! Well, I've kind of took a dive through Ranma 1/2 recently. It's one of my childhood anime I guess. I watched it religiously in middle school.

Anyways, Ranma's ability to transform from male to female is definitely a source of gender envy to me, but I also adore his smartass and headstrong attitude. I think I do have that kind of sassy attitude/cynicism to things but also a lot of stubbornness to succeed like he does and soft spots and willingness to do anything for loved ones like he does for his love interest Akane. I think his attitude and how he approaches things is something I relate to or at least want to aspire to in some ways.
I never heard about this anime, but looks fun to me. The character is interesting.
Stubbornness is often viewed as bad attribution, but I don't think it is. As you also said, this can lead to succeed, too.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Myth

badcrookshanks

psycho
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
6 June 2021
Messages
65,209
Reactions Received
38,856
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
193,711
Fandom
iEMoALuvie
Gender
Male
Pronouns
he/him
Ship
Wreck
lowkey could be a mix of these characters (off the top of my head) 🤭




i also always deeply related to harry potter as a character :maheart: also to nam joohyuk's character in weightlifting fairy kim bok joo
 
  • Love
Reactions: Boyo

Myth

* ☀︎Potato Minhyuk’s Military Wifey * ♥
.
Joined
19 November 2021
Messages
15,604
Reactions Received
18,866
Location
In Intak's arms uwu
Website
mintakyy.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
27,584
Fandom
P1eceVillain+
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
ALL OF THEM
I never heard about this anime, but looks fun to me. The character is interesting.
Stubbornness is often viewed as bad attribution, but I don't think it is. As you also said, this can lead to succeed, too.
Rumiko made it! She's also the creator of Inuyasha and Urusei Yatsura. I really love her work! She makes interesting worlds and expressive characters!
 
  • Love
Reactions: Boyo

Boyo

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅
.
.
Joined
24 October 2018
Messages
55,476
Reactions Received
41,094
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
241,144
Fandom
Mingyutized
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
lowkey could be a mix of these characters (off the top of my head) 🤭




i also always deeply related to harry potter as a character :maheart: also to nam joohyuk's character in weightlifting fairy kim bok joo
Yes, I can see it. Good that you added King cuz he slays and I can't picture you as shy as Pharm. :sicatape: But who knows? :jenniesmug:
Next meta we need to talk about that. :sippinthetea:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: badcrookshanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread