Ramblings About Shadow and Bone (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I might have this in the wrong section but fuck it.
Also SPOILERS!

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!




I am just going to kind of go on a random tangent.
So like I am someone who read the first book in the Shadow and Bone series and then DNF'd Siege and Storm because
it was so damn boring and the characters were blah.
I have read the Six of Crows duology though (yes, I know there will be a 3rd book but also like what is the point if Matthias Helvar won't be there? HA yeah right like I would read that shit!)

Now I can say without a doubt that I am not a MASSIVE fan of Leigh Bardugo's
stories in general but I do adore Wylan, Nina, and Matthias.
So I went into the series on Netflix with low expectations.
While I can say season 1 wasn't the best-season 2 blew my fucking mind.

One of the reasons this show is pretty good is because the casting director knew what they were doing.
Without a doubt all the characters and actors fit each other perfectly.
I adore it.
And I am officially obsessed with Jack Wolfe because he is the EMBODIMENT
of Wylan. And if you didn't already know-WYLAN IS MY FUCKING CHILD.
I WOULD DIE FOR THAT MAN AND JACK WOLFE FITS HIM SO WELL HE LEGIT IS
WYLAN IN REAL LIFE AND I WOULD ACTUAL DIE FOR THE MAN.

With that out of the way.
I am a big book reader if you couldn't tell BUT
there are in fact instances where movies/shows can be better than the books.
This is one of those instances-at least with Shadow and Bone which was a snooze fest.
I will say I still prefer the crows storyline and characters overall but the storyline with Alina & Mal
isn't actually that bad where as in the book it was SO BORING.

Now I have been watching reactions to the show from book readers
and some of the comments make me roll my eyes.
Some are complaining about how the series seems rushed but like...the episodes our an hour long each
and they follow two different groups there is only SO MUCH you can drag out in the time between 2 story lines.
NOT TO MENTION-the lagging storyline was one of the reasons I gave up on Shadow and Bone
so WHY would you want that to translate to tv/film??

I SURE AS HELL WOULDN'T.
Also another spoiler but someone was complaining about how the end of season 2 briefly mentioned a certain
substance and complained about how brief it was mentioned
but like....IT WAS TO GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO IN SEASON 3.

LIKE THEY ARE GIVING YOU A SNIPPET OF WHAT SEASON 3s PLOTLINE MIGHT BE.

LIKE OF COURSE THEY'LL KEEP IT BRIEF
THEY WANT TO BUILD SUSPENSE.

Ok I'm done.
:sakUwu: :sakUwu: :sakUwu:


​
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Day1
Joined
6 October 2021
Messages
15,961
Reactions Received
15,086
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
69,032
Fandom
Stay
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I dont know this series at all , nor book or tv show but i agree that sometimes book fans can act too stuck up. A book is really hard to make over into a live action series, while some chapters in a book may be just introduction, but on the screen finishing an episode with a cliffhanger is essential to keep the viewers interested (esp if those viewers havent read the book).
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I honestly thought season 2 was a tragedy, I only watched it for Jesper and Wylan
Season 1 was okay, but Shadow and Bone was a rather bad choice to adapt
Is it because the books don't match with the show or?
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I dont know this series at all , nor book or tv show but i agree that sometimes book fans can act too stuck up. A book is really hard to make over into a live action series, while some chapters in a book may be just introduction, but on the screen finishing an episode with a cliffhanger is essential to keep the viewers interested (esp if those viewers havent read the book).
Yeah-the demands people have for this is stupid. Legit they want the timing to be realistic for certain things but in order for that to happen it would take like 3 to 4 episodes for one search in the show to take place and that would be so FUCKING boring to watch.
 
  • Like
Reactions: seungfloral
Joined
6 October 2021
Messages
15,961
Reactions Received
15,086
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
69,032
Fandom
Stay
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah-the demands people have for this is stupid. Legit they want the timing to be realistic for certain things but in order for that to happen it would take like 3 to 4 episodes for one search in the show to take place and that would be so FUCKING boring to watch.
YEAH, you just have to shorten 500 pages in spme minutes, it's not that easy
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread