Random math and science in kpop (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,384
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Just a few random kpop songs with math or science in them (not just stuff like counting). And then I’ll write what they mean if it’s not obvious:sanapray:

“More difficult than quadratic formula, Your mind is like math” Arising-Cignature

“Don’t deny our r²π” (area of a circle) 0330-UKISS

“C6H12O6, I’ll make it sweet” (C6H12O6 is some sugars) FM-Crayon Pop
 

ChiaraStar169

bite the apple, baby!
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,124
Reactions Received
46,788
Location
irritating the metalheads
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,030
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Twice's Formula of Love: O+T=<3 is an equation lol

omg I just realized the three in that heart symbol I posted could mean thrice... once plus twice equals thrice! haha I'm such a math nerd...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

ChiaraStar169

bite the apple, baby!
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,124
Reactions Received
46,788
Location
irritating the metalheads
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,030
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
ughhhhhhhhhh I was typing out a whole ass math nerd coded reply when I accidentally xed out of Chrome :kuromimad: :headhurt: and now I can't even remember what I was saying, at least not verbatim

it was basically that O+T=<3 could be interpreted as Once plus Twice equals thrice bc of the 3 in the heart symbol... but I had put it way nerdier than that


edit: nvm it did post, it just didn't show up until after I posted this one... weird.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,384
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Twice's Formula of Love: O+T=<3 is an equation lol

omg I just realized the three in that heart symbol I posted could mean thrice... once plus twice equals thrice! haha I'm such a math nerd...
You could also say it’s one plus two is equal to or less than 3, which isn’t wrong :sanapray:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: ChiaraStar169

ChiaraStar169

bite the apple, baby!
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,124
Reactions Received
46,788
Location
irritating the metalheads
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,030
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,384
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
  • Haha
Reactions: catonkatonk
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,012
Reactions Received
52,918
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
170,175
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male


Evergliw'a "-77.82x-78.29" will be forever the standard for obscure/opaque science-y in kpop/music(unless ur a genius science whiz maybe[or just expert at wikipedia/googlesearch)

I don't think in much cultural works(ie non science connected) hv I ever come across such a situation(Queen the band's lead guitarist Brian May is an actual astrophysicist with a thesis on A survey of radial velocities in the zodiacal dust cloud but I don't think he ever referred to any science in Queen's songs or his own. If he did it's not more enigmatic than "-77.82x-78.29" LOL

EDIT I don't mean references tat make sense in context BTW, I mean just batshit mysterious science-y stuff tat makes no sense(at first or later on, tho it might mean sthg to the one who thought up the reference) end edit
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,384
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck


Evergliw'a "-77.82x-78.29" will be forever the standard for obscure/opaque science-y in kpop/music(unless ur a genius science whiz maybe[or just expert at wikipedia/googlesearch)

I don't think in much cultural works(ie non science connected) hv I ever come across such a situation(Queen the band's lead guitarist Brian May is an actual astrophysicist with a thesis on A survey of radial velocities in the zodiacal dust cloud but I don't think he ever referred to any science in Queen's songs or his own. If he did it's not more enigmatic than "-77.82x-78.29" LOL

EDIT I don't mean references tat make sense in context BTW, I mean just batshit mysterious science-y stuff tat makes no sense(at first or later on, tho it might mean sthg to the one who thought up the reference) end edit
It seems like people believe it’s coordinates for a point in Antarctica. I like it when little things are parts of comebacks, where they aren’t too obvious :sanapray:
 
  • Love
Reactions: LoveYooShaSha
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,012
Reactions Received
52,918
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
170,175
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
It seems like people believe it’s coordinates for a point in Antarctica. I like it when little things are parts of comebacks, where they aren’t too obvious :sanapray:
My point abt "-77.82-78.29" isn't abt wat it means as ppl could find an interpretation or the original title-er could hv his/her own interpretation/meaning but how far the title/interpretation/meaning was miles away from anything I rmbr being at all connected to any songs/lyrics in the mini album. I don't think tat point will be surpassed as to how obscure/opaque the title/reference is/was. Google/internet/Wikipedia exists now but I will particularly rmbr this as an unpronounceable/unmemorizeable(not meaning forgettable, just can't easily rmbr or bring it out of memory) LOL
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,384
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
My point abt "-77.82-78.29" isn't abt wat it means as ppl could find an interpretation or the original title-er could hv his/her own interpretation/meaning but how far the title/interpretation/meaning was miles away from anything I rmbr being at all connected to any songs/lyrics in the mini album. I don't think tat point will be surpassed as to how obscure/opaque the title/reference is/was. Google/internet/Wikipedia exists now but I will particularly rmbr this as an unpronounceable/unmemorizeable(not meaning forgettable, just can't easily rmbr or bring it out of memory) LOL
Ngl I’m a little surprised they have this kind of a title just because I’m sure many fans don’t remember the exact numbers always, because of the specificity :haylul: I feel like if I was a fan, I’d just remember it as something like “that math titled album”, which could make it take longer to find. Since the numbers are obscure, like you said
 
  • Love
Reactions: LoveYooShaSha
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,012
Reactions Received
52,918
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
170,175
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
Ngl I’m a little surprised they have this kind of a title just because I’m sure many fans don’t remember the exact numbers always, because of the specificity :haylul: I feel like if I was a fan, I’d just remember it as something like “that math titled album”, which could make it take longer to find. Since the numbers are obscure, like you said
I was faithfully following their fan discord for a while until 2020 or so n most fans nvr referred to the title mostly to the song on it I think. But tat came out just ard time before I faithfully logged into discord regularly before being overwhelmed by daily updates/posts/comments on all my discord servers so idk. I had to Google EG's discography/Wikipedia page for exact title. This is why I think it will forever be unsurpassed as most opaque/obscure reference LOL.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,594
Reactions Received
43,659
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,402
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
i recognised at least two from those videos lmaooo i used to cry of laughter at these
nonsense lyrics that aren't even problematic or harmful but just straight up unhinged are my favourite

 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka

centen

.
.
.
Joined
5 January 2023
Messages
17,489
Reactions Received
18,188
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
131,606
Fandom
Neverland
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
i recognised at least two from those videos lmaooo i used to cry of laughter at these
nonsense lyrics that aren't even problematic or harmful but just straight up unhinged are my favourite

The juxtaposition of the silliness of some of those lyrics against how VERY SRS BSNS the idols are. :lisalaugh:

"don't deny our r-squared pi" is still iconic, though.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread