Rant about looks (1 Viewer)

Joined
2 November 2018
Messages
300
Reactions Received
993
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
It makes me so sad when really pretty/hot girls call themselves ugly and that they wish they looked like some celeb... Especially when they're much better looking than the celeb in question... And those celebs often have professional stylists, visagists or even went under the knife, like??? Do you realize how blessed YOU are if you look better than them WITHOUT help other than a bit of cheap make-up maybe?

I've also had girls irl tell me they're too scared to leave the house without make-up... I tell them I never use any and get replies such as "but you don't need it" but honestly, they don't need it either, confidence is the best make-up ~
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I agree
Sadly, this is part of life.
With all the media, girls are kinda pushed to fit into a certain, unobtainable, beauty standard.
We live in a world where we get these standards pushed in our faces on a daily basis, every second.
Tho nowadays people are working to change these standards by using e.g. plus-size models, we still have a long road ahead of us to let people know it's ok to not be like the photoshopped models.
Tho trying to fit into beauty standards has been done for centuries, so it's kinda in our nature...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sory, yeji and dooh
Joined
2 November 2018
Messages
300
Reactions Received
993
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I agree
Sadly, this is part of life.
With all the media, girls are kinda pushed to fit into a certain, unobtainable, beauty standard.
We live in a world where we get these standards pushed in our faces on a daily basis, every second.
Tho nowadays people are working to change these standards by using e.g. plus-size models, we still have a long road ahead of us to let people know it's ok to not be like the photoshopped models.
Tho trying to fit into beauty standards has been done for centuries, so it's kinda in our nature...
Standards shouldn't change, but disappear, all we achieve with change is make others insecure again...

Ya know, I used to want to meet standards and was very unhappy doing so, developed an eating disorder... The moment I figured it's okay to have my own style and accepted no one is perfect, I actually became more attractive, like... I used to get bullied for how I look, now I get complimented and have girls that look like Barbies say they're jealous of me... My bullies looked like Barbies too (well, most of them) and comparing photos from then vs now, damn I got a glowup! And that wasn't JUST puberty

The sad thing is some of these girls could pass as supermodels, all natural, then compare themselves with less attractive/plastic celebs
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and dooh

Discipline

Together, Just be joyful tonight.
.
Joined
29 October 2018
Messages
1,467
Reactions Received
6,252
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I can’t speak on behalf of every girl ever that was insecure, but my insecurity came from the fact that I’d get insults or comments about being ugly. So I’d wear makeup and eventually it became my protection. Now I don’t really wear it because I feel more comfortable with the way I look I guess.

Every insecurity has it’s own origins or reasons for existing, we just need to overcome them slowly and become more comfortable with the way that we are ^^

Standards or preferences don’t need to necessarily change or disappear, what needs to disappear is the attitude people have where they believe they can pick apart people’s appearance or flaws.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RainbowDevil
D

Deleted member 74

This. I always see such beautiful girls calling themselves ugly and being too insecure to go around without makeup, it's sad.
Everyone is beautiful in their own way.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Skinnny and Eden
Joined
2 November 2018
Messages
300
Reactions Received
993
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Agree with a lot of what you said but there's nothing wrong with makeup if it gives you confidence.
That's the whole problem... If you need make-up in order to feel confident.

There's nothing wrong with make-up if it's part of a style (goth, for example) or for a special occassion. If you can't leave the house without cakeing your face first, we have a problem.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread