RANT: Company Stans (1 Viewer)

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Why are some people so pressed on behalf of companies?

"CEO-min would never do this"

"I know CEO-oppa feels like..."

"CEO-nim had good reasons for doing that incredibly messed up thing"

"I'm mad because people used to say this about the company I Stan (not the groups, the actual company"

"CEO-nim hand grows his idols himself, bottle feeds them and grooms them in a specific talent"



It is not that serious istg.
Stanning groups/idols that come from a specific company is one thing, I do that.

Idolizing a CEO/head of a company and defending all the messed up shit that they do?
Thinking the CEO has impeccable logic even though he's a certified idiot?

Feeling like all groups from a company are superior and need to succeed to form an "empire"?

I'm not directing this to anyone here
Let's discuss civilly :pandalove::pandalove::pandalove:
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I 100% agree. I really don’t understand how someone can defend everything a company messes up on. It’s ridiculous.
 
  • Like
Reactions: VillageIdiot
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
4,371
Reactions Received
11,118
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
330
Fandom
ReVeluv
Gender
Female
Fan Culture Fantasies, I guess.

Family: The corporation follows a family structure with the CEO'nem at the head (as a parental figure). As such, they "care" for the artists/actors/etc. and take care of them and won't treat them poorly. (Clearly false to some extent and a idea that is constantly debunked by the very people who believe it when they often and loudly point out how X CEO has hurt Y artist or X CEO has done ABC to Y artist.) They like the "idea" of family and closeness, often ignoring the realities of idol corporation culture unless it fits their narrative.

All-Round Supporter: Person may be a fan of one or more groups of the company. They don't want to hear anything bad about the company because they equate any criticism (whether hateful or legitimate/constructive) to hate on the group. This reminds me of people who can't separate a artist/group's music from the artist/group's fandom's behavior in reverse? (I don't know how to explain it -- they just don't make a distinction between the artist/group and the corp behind them. Could tie into the family fantasy in some cases.)

The Delusional: I actually hate using the "d" word because fan culture has made it annoying (kinda like "hater," "salty," and "pressed." Everyone with a dissenting viewpoint is one of these four, even when they're genuine in their opinion and not just being a butt or troll). But anyway, I am going to use this word because they literally think, "Well, I know idol culture is like this, but that doesn't happen with my faves/their company." :pandaannoyed:

I guess in the end a lot of it stems from wanting to believe that their group(s) are in good positions and are being well cared for? And that any criticism drawn to the company is an attack on the groups by extension as well? It's like they believe that if a company exec does something wrong, eventually the backlash (if any) will trickle down to the groups. That's how I read a lot of these threads. A lot of the disagreements end with, "Well, you don't know X-CEO." Yeah, we don't, and neither do their defenders. But we observe, we draw conclusions (sometimes correct, sometimes incorrect), and we're familiar with the system. So personally, I don't see a reason to put any of them on a pedestal -- "idol" or company execs.

BUT I WENT ON A TANGENT I SEE AND AGREE THAT PEOPLE SHOULD NOT DEFLECT AND DEFEND COMPANY EXEC'S CRAP BEHAVIOR. As strong as "cancel culture" is in this season of fan culture (mostly when it comes to groups or individual "idols"), you'd think...but nah. Deflect, Defend, Deny.
 
  • Like
Reactions: VillageIdiot
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
"I know CEO-oppa feels like..."
Cringes in Spanish
I agree with everything. I used to be a YGstan and believe me, the delusion was real. I won't stan any company again, which doesn't mean that I'd never praise certain company for doing a good job but I'll definitely not be taken for a fool anymore.
 
  • Like
Reactions: VillageIdiot

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread