[Rant] fox eye trend defenders are so dumb (1 Viewer)

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
BA080CE8-2847-46F7-8E85-843424F1EA24.jpeg
3DD31C08-A848-4621-BAF4-7C51FC6AD398.jpeg

comment from post in question

As an East Asian, I don’t find the fox eye trend’s makeup to be offensive to me personally but the gesture that goes along with it?? Gosh it’s literally the most blatantly racist thing you can come up with against East Asians yet people still think asian people are the ones who are getting overly dramatic. Of course asian Americans get plagued with the “Chinese, Japanese, Cantonese” chant since childhood with the accompanying gestures but are supposed to be fine with white people taking features that they were made fun for only it to be made some beauty trend by them. Of course the people telling us that we’re not supposed to to be upset over people doing the chinky eyes gesture are the ones doing it themselves, thinking their eyes looks exotic or whatever. It’s basically telling them that their features can only be seen as beautiful on white people (Have I mentioned how the whole oriental Asians=exotic thing is also so dumb?)
And of course those defenders are the ones who pull the “my friends is xyz race, I can’t be racist uwu” card. People affected by this are literally telling you how it offends them but you call them overdramatic??
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,040
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,975
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I don't have the eyes. I am round eye myself. But yeah this is pretty blantedly racist. As an Asian this just makes me see red.

People need to stop with this online racial stereotypes crap.

Something shouldn't be used, just for the sake of stardom.
 

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
I don't have the eyes. I am round eye myself. But yeah this is pretty blantedly racist. As an Asian this just makes me see red.

People need to stop with this online racial stereotypes crap.

Something shouldn't be used, just for the sake of stardom.
like some of it (like Bella’s look that inspired the trend) wasn’t too bad but the rest... they make me want to punch a wall and kick over a houseplant. I never faced outright bullying for my eyes, but those childhood “jokes” ... they hurt. I still have trouble accepting my eyes bcuz of it even though we were just all dumb 5 year old who didn’t know any better and don’t have anyone around to tell us that it was wrong.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I feel like if it was just the make-up it would make sense but to do the gesture of pulling your eyes back? Like what does that even do? I'm not even Asian and like I recognize it as what people do to make fun of Asians :nayeonisdone:
 

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
I feel like if it was just the make-up it would make sense but to do the gesture of pulling your eyes back? Like what does that even do? I'm not even Asian and like I recognize it as what people do to make fun of Asians :nayeonisdone:
yeah I’m mostly cool with the makeup itself but to the people that people have to tug on their eyes to make the look more apparent (I actually saw someone justify it that way)... go educate yourselves please
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and QueenB
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
I’m not one to police other people but it’s a stupid pose in general, like duckface lol, ew
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
13 March 2019
Messages
4,283
Reactions Received
11,073
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
My eyes are like that but I am not racist i was just Born with them 😂

On serious note, I don't think they mean the monolid.. They just like how the eyes and eyebrows are upturned.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
On serious note, I don't think they mean the monolid.. They just like how the eyes and eyebrows are upturned.
eyebrow lifts are in now, this trend is just the logical next step
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,040
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,975
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I’m not one to police other people but it’s a stupid pose in general, like duckface lol, ew
I think duckface can be sexy in its own way. But this fox thing is kind of meh honestly.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: yeji and Jimimis
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,040
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,975
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
13 March 2019
Messages
4,283
Reactions Received
11,073
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
eyebrow lifts are in now, this trend is just the logical next step
It's like cat eyes.
I have seen plenty of pictures of girls getting plastic surgery to make their eyes look like Billa Hadid which she got it done herself.


It's just one of these stupid trends like the joker smile. I don't get the hype I still think straight eyes and eyebrows look way better.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Jimimis

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
My eyes are like that but I am not racist i was just Born with them 😂

On serious note, I don't think they mean the monolid.. They just like how the eyes and eyebrows are upturned.
Yeah they’re trying to emulate the upturned eyes, not the monolids (that’s reserved for koreaboos)
I’m no so much hurt over the makeup (though it can be interpreted as kind of problematic to some) but the whole tugging their eyes thing
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
and people still can't seem to take asians seriously. people are so racist against asians too yet no one even speaks up.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mysteric

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,040
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,975
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
and people still can't seem to take asians seriously. people are so racist against asians too yet no one even speaks up.
Yep. Us Asians cop it bad. We have so much good food and culture as well. Yet the other races make us look bad with their ignorance.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and mysteric

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread