Rating TXT's debut album 'cause why not (1 Viewer)

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
This rating is just my opinion, please don't feel offended by any low ratings or w/e.

I'll give the songs points from 0-5, 0 being the lowest, 5 the highest.

Blue Orangeade
Exactly what I expected from the album preview. It's okay, nothing special, could've gotten rid of the obvious auto tune at some parts, really unnecessary.
Or even if it's not auto tune, the robotic effects on the vocals are just overall unnecessary to me imo.
Vocals and rap don't add anything creative as well besides the kind of acappella background vocals which I really like.
It's a nice intro to the feeling of the album.
2.5/5


CROWN
Solid and safe debut song. The right choice for the title of the album. For me also the best track of the album.
Vocals are really nice and more dynamic than in the other songs. Also liked the rap they put in it and the few parts during the chorus.
Gave it a bit more depth to it overall.
The instrumentals from the chorus are amazing, love that kind of electronic instrumentals.
4/5


Our Summer
From the album preview I thought this would be my fave song of the album but it disappointed me in the end. It pretty much just stays the same throughout the whole thing. It doesn't add or get rid of anything to make it more exciting to listen to it.
Vocals are monotone, kinda boring. The best thing about this song is the bridge-buildup to the last chorus.
2/5


Cat & Dog
Who allowed this song to be released?
:seokeyes:
If you want to use so much auto tune and vocal effects ask PLT to fine tune it for you.
I don't know what to say about this besides just how did it pass the control check to be released.
And I'm sorry but I can't stop hearing Kermit during the rap.
0/5


Nap of a star
It does stay true to it's name. It's a nice ballad but way too slow for me.
I can imagine this song being used in games like Life is Strange or The Walking Dead (Telltale) for the credit scenes.
Gives off the same vibe definitely.
2.5/5


Overall Rating
2.2/5

What did you think of each track if you've already listened to them?​
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
74
Reactions Received
383
Location
England
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I was really iffy over Cat & Dog but i really like it now :yolk:
My fave is Blue Orangeade for sure tho.
Blue Orangeade>Cat & Dog>Crown>Our Summer>Nap of a Star
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47 and Myco

GoldenBunny

RM's Bonsai Nanny
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
635
Reactions Received
2,191
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Still processing, but as a synth pop head I like it quite a bit; safe, but I think all the songs are well produced and very listenable.

I actually would place Crown below Blue Orangeade and Our Summer; the title song has a lot of cool things going on, but as you mentioned it just doesn't hang togather as well as I would like. Needs a better impact, but very easy listening. (ETA after reading the lyrics the video of Crown has a lot more impact, as does the song. It's a bit melancholy but happy at the same time. Appreciation growing.)

Heh I'm a bit opposite - kinda love Cat and Dog, might be way up there - it's weird and the most hip hop of all of the tracks, like I see a harder stranger edge for them to grow into. It's a bop for me.

Nap of a star is lovely but minor on the album - it floats along and the backing beat track is quite nice. It's well done and very much fits the mood. Live, however they sound AMAZING. Really impressed. This song is for them to show off their vocals. Which they might be a powerhouse in.

Crown live is also better, great choreography and they're all very dynamic.

Well produced and very pleasant for me, and watching their debut celebration they're very cute and all very good on stage. And yeah people want harmonies, check out Nap of Stars, it's no joke.

Eta: okay watching them live sing Nap again and this is a vocal group/their impact really is TOTALLY different than BTS. Eeenteresting!
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47 and Myco
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Just listened to the album.

Blue Orangeade was too distorted to enjoy. The song has a nice premise but the synth in it is just terrible. The vocal effects are a nuisance and completely unnecessary. Rappers did a nice job.

CROWN is the definition of playing it safe. Gwiyomi boys will always be a trend, and bighit did well to differentiate them from bangtan boys. However, VERIVERY, Golden Child and MONT did a better job. I like CROWN much more than Blue Orangeade, but I expected more from the hype they were given.

Our Summer is indeed a summery bop. However, everything was good until chorus hit. It's literally a children song during the chorus.

Cat & Dog shouldn't exist. It sounds unfinished, it sounds like NCT 127 gone wrong. I guess rappers had to have a song for them, but this ain't it. Auto-tuned harmonizing also ain't it. "I just wanna be a dog, woof woof woof woof" DEFINITELY ain't it.

Nap of a star is just a ballad to close it off. Vocals do sound good, but that's all. I felt nothing while listening to it.

Very disappointed overall. 3/10.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
4,096
Reactions Received
13,689
Location
Throwing rotten eggs at Pledis
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I found the album meh, I wouldn't stan from that (despite the fact that their concept seems fresh, which is my favourite bg concept)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread