Appreciation Red Velvet - Power Up late appreciation/song discussion (1 Viewer)

Joined
23 July 2019
Messages
106
Reactions Received
462
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Sorry for posting here twice in a row, but I've been getting into RV newly, as you may now. Power Up was immediately one of my favorites, but I recently learned that people hate it and some even call it their worst era.

I don't understand! I love this song so much, but maybe that's because I don't focus so much on the summer aspect, but the video game aspect. I fucking love video games, and the song incorporates video games even more heavily and deftly than Russian Roulette.



Where are my fellow Power Up enthusiasts at?!
 

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
.
Joined
28 May 2019
Messages
8,716
Reactions Received
8,198
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22,135
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
Sorry for posting here twice in a row, but I've been getting into RV newly, as you may now. Power Up was immediately one of my favorites, but I recently learned that people hate it and some even call it their worst era.

I don't understand! I love this song so much, but maybe that's because I don't focus so much on the summer aspect, but the video game aspect. I fucking love video games, and the song incorporates video games even more heavily and deftly than Russian Roulette.
Power Up is a bit polarizing because of the 8-bit/video game influence, but it certainly has plenty of fans and is Red Velvet's only title track that has achieved a PAK.

Video games, huh? If you remember and miss the Wii Shop Channel and its music you might want to check out the similar-sounding, bossa nova LP:

 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
23 July 2019
Messages
106
Reactions Received
462
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Power Up is a bit polarizing because of the 8-bit/video game influence, but it certainly has plenty of fans and is Red Velvet's only title track that has achieved a PAK.

Video games, huh? If you remember and miss the Wii Shop Channel and its music you might want to check out the similar-sounding, bossa nova LP:

OH MY GOD????? That is musical perfection. I haven't even finished the song and I'm in love. Video game concept queens!!!!!
(The dreads on Joy are forever unfortunate, however. Which stylist thought that was a good idea! Ugh.)
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: yeji and dnb

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
.
Joined
28 May 2019
Messages
8,716
Reactions Received
8,198
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22,135
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
Sorry for posting here twice in a row, but I've been getting into RV newly, as you may now.
Just thought of something else.

You're an Orbit, right? As you delve into Red Velvet's catalog, you might notice similarities between some songs from LOONA and some songs from Red Velvet. That's partly because the two groups have some composers in common. Here are some examples. (Note that each set of composers has worked on multiple songs for each group, but I'm listing only one song apiece here.)

Daniel "Obi" Klein and Charli Taft worked on Eclipse (Kim Lip) and Look (Red Velvet):






MonoTree worked on Love&Live (LOONA) and Ladies Night (Red Velvet):



 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Power Up deserves love
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread