regarding the seungri scandal and my thoughts on it (1 Viewer)

Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
1,182
Reactions Received
5,706
Location
SMTOWN
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
idk how i really feel about this. i just came back from a long break from kpop in general and i never was a big fan of bb or seungri himself so im not that impacted by it that much. but it still feels devastating that someone i respected and looked up to as a role model for other groups in the industry turns out to be like this. im sure many other vips and fandoms feel the same considering how bb is/was the group everyone idolized even if theyre not a fan. im not sure whats going on anymore and which side to take but i hope that people understand this is not just about kpop or petty fandom drama anymore. its real life and people have been hurt while the guilty walk free. i get that fans are still in denial and no one would want their idols to be like this in real life, but pls dont defend him blindly, he is a human being before everything else and is not perfect. he is a normal person who has to face the consequences like everyone else. with that being said, i hope others wouldnt be quick to blame vips or other fans for still standing by bb as everyone has their own beliefs and opinions. i dont support his actions in any way or shape of form, but lets not attack each other and make this a fandom drama, i already have seen it all over social media and hope this forum can be my safe haven from all the negativity like it always have been. in the end, im just a high schooler with no knowledge of the intricate rules of the law and have no real life experience to these things. i never have been to korea and dont know anything about their laws/customs and im sure many fellow fans are that way. i will wait for this incident to be over and the authorities to confirm everything before drawing conclusions and taking sides. so far seungri is definitely involved in the case and many other celebs also do. i feel afraid that tomorrow or the next day someone else i genuinely respect will come out from that list and im not ready. no matter what, as a fandom and a community we can get through this together. my heart goes out to all the victims of the case and sincerely hope they will be avenged. thank you for reading this longass rant, this is the first time i ever spoken about this issue and also the first time that im serious like this online. i just want to discuss this with someone without getting in fights or offending people. feel welcome to discuss your take on it and pls respect each other.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
4,096
Reactions Received
13,689
Location
Throwing rotten eggs at Pledis
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
True, I'm kind of a casual listener but I'm just so shocked that he's like this. I can't defend him but I can't hate him until I have proof that he did it
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
1,182
Reactions Received
5,706
Location
SMTOWN
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
True, I'm kind of a casual listener but I'm just so shocked that he's like this. I can't defend him but I can't hate him until I have proof that he did it
i agree. people are so quick to take sides before everything is confirmed and attack each other. im just neutral about it overall.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
4,096
Reactions Received
13,689
Location
Throwing rotten eggs at Pledis
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
i agree. people are so quick to take sides before everything is confirmed and attack each other. im just neutral about it overall.
Yup, I know from experience that you should never take sides without solid evidence, although I can't lie that a lot of 'evidence' seems to point towards Seungri being guilty
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Given all the things people took stands on that have now been proven to be false like the Johnny Depp & Amber heard situation and the Jussie Smollet shit too. Jumping to conclusions usually ruins people however, there is enough for Seungri to be guilty in some aspect and you can't absolve him of his actions. That's my stance on it and of course when it comes to JJY? He can go fuck himself.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
As a VIP it's heartbreaking. Seungri was my least fav member but I still liked him and for as long as I've been into Kpop, BigBang has been THAT group. Nobody else has moved me the way they have. For me to see all their hard work, success, accomplishments and legacy be forever tarnished because of this upsets me more than anything.

I stayed neutral as more and more facts/reports came out. Often there were conflicting accounts so I didn't know which side to trust, which stories to believe. But with every new reveal my suspicions grew and with everything that's out there now, I can't not see him as guilty. Maybe not of everything, but he definitely was involved in a few things and it sucks that it's him but he should face the consequences like everyone else.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread