[REVIEW] BLACKPINK: 'Kill This Love' Mini-Album (1 Viewer)

What Do You Rate This Album?

  • 1/10

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3/10

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 4/10

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5/10

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6/10

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7/10

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 8/10

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 9/10

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 10/10

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    8
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
1,049
Reactions Received
4,251
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
V.I.P
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
17311

___________________________________________________



___________________________________________________

Disclaimer: I am nowhere near an expert, nor do I use proper terms to describe things
most of the time. I am simply here to express my opinion and give honest reviews of the
albums that my favs produce.

___________________________________________________

Kill This Love: 7.5/10

Start with the trumpets and whatnot is nice, Jennie's voice is kind of cool. I like whenever
the songs open up with Jennie and her rapping is pretty good. I didn't care for Lisa's rap verse in
the beginning, I thought it could've been cut out. Jisoo was a nice slide into the beat picking up
and continuing with Rose. I love the transition between the two and the "Le'ts kill this love!" is
probably my favorite part of the chorus because the rest of it is ... not as hyped compared to the
phrase? Like they should have boosted the bass through here, but instead it got quieter and I
think that's where the mistake was. I will have to admit though, the Jennie x Lisa rapping verse
was absoloutely addictive. And Rose following up after sounded so nice and her going through
those range shifts at the end of phrases was pleasing. "Rum pum pum pum-ah" is nice. I am not
too fond of Rose's verse, it sounded ... shouty. But otherwise the end was nice but it felt like a different
song. Overall, it's a good song but there are parts they could've polished.


Don't Know What To Do: 8/10

I like Jennie's opening, very slow but melodic and the transition to Rose is nice to build up
to getting more upbeat. It sounds nice so far, and Jisoo's voice fits well with this. The chorus
builds slowly but it's nice and very catchy. I really like it and I'm glad this track sways away from
hip hop. I'm actually surprised they didn't think of making this a title track? I think that is Lisa
singing and well, she's good. It's good they had her do a lighter part, her voice sounds good being
very light. Jennie's singing voice is always something that catches me and I love those "ooo" parts
of the song. It's just a bit slow ... like the progression of the song is so slow. The song is 3 minutes
and 25 seconds long but it feels like much longer. I like how it sounds but the slowness is definitely
something I wasn't too fond of. In other words though, good song.

Hope Not: 2/10

I can tell I am not going to like this already. Jennie has opened most of these songs already
hasn't she? Mm. It gives me 'Stay' vibes but I don't really like how this sounds, even though
I do enjoy their voices. It sounds like some light country music and like it would be part of an
OST of a KDrama. Unfortunately this song is a miss for me, there's not much I can say about it.

Kick It: 9/10

I enjoy this opening, it goes from smooth to not (?) and it continues to do this through Jennie and
Lisa's part it seems. It sounds really interesting and unique, I love this so far and the chorus is lovely.
I like that bass is the background that you can hear and then Rose ... that's perfect. Jisoo sounds nice
here as well, they all do really. Lisa's rap is very easy going here and not very hard so it fits the song
well. I am really enjoying the entrance to the chorus, it's just so pleasing. The switch between parts
between all 4 of them goes so well and it doesn't really have any down parts. This is another that I could've
seen as a title track because of the uniqueness. I like the shouting/singing part at the end, then the switch
to Rose. Her voice seems to have gotten stronger since DDDD but that's expected since it's been
almost a full damn year (f u YG) but yeah no this song is definitely my favorite. It is a bit slow but
it's a lot more my style.

DDDD Remix: 8/10

Yeah I am not writing a review of this, I can just post my older reviews of the DDDD album
somewhere. But it's good, they didn't mess it up.

___________________________________________________


OVERALL: 7/10
___________________________________________________



​
 
Last edited:
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
1,049
Reactions Received
4,251
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
V.I.P
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
WHY TF DID THIS POST BY ITSELF I DIDN'T EVEN HIT THE SUBMIT BUTTON? Okay just ... I'll finish this in like 30 minutes fucking hell.
 
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
1,049
Reactions Received
4,251
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
V.I.P
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Alright it's finished. How did I get the overall score? Added all the numbers up out of 10 and divided by the amount of songs. So 34.5/5 = 6.9, but I rounded up since it was so close.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco and Dopamine

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread