- Joined
- 26 November 2018
- Messages
- 4,551
- Reactions Received
- 12,217
- Location
- Irene's hands
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 0
- Gender
- Female
*Spoiler Alert: The following review contains spoilers from the comic.
I'd like to apologize before hand because I just realized I spoiled way too much in the my previous review, so I'll try to stick myself to what I saw in the issues #7 until #10 now...
Compared to the first 6 chapters, the following four feel a little short in comparison but still full of new info nonetheless. Here Vader has been assigned as leader of the Inquisitorum squad and it's trying to make them forget their Jedi's teachings and turn them into true assassins for the dark side. In the middle of their task to erradicate the remaining Jedi, there's one of particular interest for the emperor: The jedi archivist Jocasta Nu.
As I saw in previous chapters, the relationship between the Emperor and his apprentice becomes more and more complex. Palpatine doesn't care about Vader's violent behavior but does warn him about it, saying that eventhough, rage is important for a Sith to earn more power, if one is completely consumed by it becomes a tool... the Emperor surely knows about this, doesn't he? Either way, Vader continues to fight his inner light whenever he is meditating but I'm not sure if that's working or not and I'll talk about it later on.
Another interesting detail revealed on issue #7, is how the Jedi claimed things that weren't theirs, like ancient temples, wells of energy and even ancient sith objects with the intention of keeping them from any other forces. I know it may sound bad but the Jedi indeed abused their authority, just as Palpatine explained, things like Sith objects clearly do not belong to them not to even mention wells of energy (a place where the force either dark or light gathers spontaneously), they're naturally formed, they can't just take everything as if it's their property.
I particularly loved the action scenes and the settings here. Coruscant is beautifully depicted in the movies and the comic does justice to its wonderful skyline. The Jedi temple looks amazing inside and outside and the rest of the buildings as well. Vader still looks awesome, he really steals every page he's in. About the action sequences, the clone troopers still as dumb as always but watching them shooting is always funny. Something that made me crack up is the fact that the storm troopers will terminate any Jedi even if it's technically not a Jedi anymore. When Jocasta Nu revealed Vader's true identity as Anakin Skywalker, the troopers attacked him and he had to get rid of his own troops.
I should say I wasn't impressed by Jocasta. She did her best to escape from Vader's hands in order to not reveal any info about the list of force sensitive children but if she hadn't stopped inside the temple for a stupid reason, she could have avoided all the trouble. She was finally captured and the list ended up in Vader's hands but to my surprise, he decided to destroy it and lied to his master after killing Jocasta.
Why? Idk yet but the fact he's not that much of a puppet as I thought made me giggle. Was it because he doesn't want anyone to take his place at the emperor's side? to save those children to end up like him? To kill them himself in secret? Why would he go as far as to lie to his master?
I'm legit intrigued...
These issues were really good and the twist at the end left me shooked.
4/5.
@Darth_Felflame @notthatmarko @Ahsoka @TicTok_Togruta @perhapz @lexus
I'd like to apologize before hand because I just realized I spoiled way too much in the my previous review, so I'll try to stick myself to what I saw in the issues #7 until #10 now...
Compared to the first 6 chapters, the following four feel a little short in comparison but still full of new info nonetheless. Here Vader has been assigned as leader of the Inquisitorum squad and it's trying to make them forget their Jedi's teachings and turn them into true assassins for the dark side. In the middle of their task to erradicate the remaining Jedi, there's one of particular interest for the emperor: The jedi archivist Jocasta Nu.
As I saw in previous chapters, the relationship between the Emperor and his apprentice becomes more and more complex. Palpatine doesn't care about Vader's violent behavior but does warn him about it, saying that eventhough, rage is important for a Sith to earn more power, if one is completely consumed by it becomes a tool... the Emperor surely knows about this, doesn't he? Either way, Vader continues to fight his inner light whenever he is meditating but I'm not sure if that's working or not and I'll talk about it later on.
Another interesting detail revealed on issue #7, is how the Jedi claimed things that weren't theirs, like ancient temples, wells of energy and even ancient sith objects with the intention of keeping them from any other forces. I know it may sound bad but the Jedi indeed abused their authority, just as Palpatine explained, things like Sith objects clearly do not belong to them not to even mention wells of energy (a place where the force either dark or light gathers spontaneously), they're naturally formed, they can't just take everything as if it's their property.
I particularly loved the action scenes and the settings here. Coruscant is beautifully depicted in the movies and the comic does justice to its wonderful skyline. The Jedi temple looks amazing inside and outside and the rest of the buildings as well. Vader still looks awesome, he really steals every page he's in. About the action sequences, the clone troopers still as dumb as always but watching them shooting is always funny. Something that made me crack up is the fact that the storm troopers will terminate any Jedi even if it's technically not a Jedi anymore. When Jocasta Nu revealed Vader's true identity as Anakin Skywalker, the troopers attacked him and he had to get rid of his own troops.
I should say I wasn't impressed by Jocasta. She did her best to escape from Vader's hands in order to not reveal any info about the list of force sensitive children but if she hadn't stopped inside the temple for a stupid reason, she could have avoided all the trouble. She was finally captured and the list ended up in Vader's hands but to my surprise, he decided to destroy it and lied to his master after killing Jocasta.
Why? Idk yet but the fact he's not that much of a puppet as I thought made me giggle. Was it because he doesn't want anyone to take his place at the emperor's side? to save those children to end up like him? To kill them himself in secret? Why would he go as far as to lie to his master?
I'm legit intrigued...
These issues were really good and the twist at the end left me shooked.
4/5.
@Darth_Felflame @notthatmarko @Ahsoka @TicTok_Togruta @perhapz @lexus