Title is bit boring, but well sometimes they are 
As always, I have been watching tons of seasonal anime. I thought of cutting number of shows down a bit, but lol nope. I have really bad habit of just getting curious and then not being able to cut show even if it's not that good
Since there is going to be many shows I will go through I will try to be brief with them and just give simple review and my thoughts on them. What I think has been really good, and what I have dropped so far.
Also if you want to check out just best of best, I'd recommend checking out Hanako-kun, Dorohedoro, ID: Invaded and Runway. Hanako-kun and Dorohedoro for comedy.. but also work some somewhat creepy stuff and Dorohedoro is also violent and brutal. Great art also! Then ID:Invaded if you want trippy and brutal detective story and Runway if you want slice of life drama about fashion world. Also Eizouken if you want some wacky not so anime-like but good animation with fresh story.
Images from myanimelist.
Haikyuu!! To the Top
Since this is 4th season of Haikyuu!!, it's pretty much just for Haikyuu!! fans, definitely not good point to start. I think the beginning of season has been pretty slow for me, I haven't been that interested. It's okay, but not best of Haikyuu!!, hopefully picks up. My husbando Oikawa is nowhere to be seen either :( I have seen some complain about changes in art styles and animation but tbh, I haven't noticed them.
Darwin's Game
Death Battle anime, basically mc downloads mobile game which turns out to game where you battle to death with other players. It has some nice suspense. The characters could be better and more likeable. I think it's slightly above average, not something that will blow your mind, but sth you can enjoy.
Kyokou Suiri
Supernatural detective anime with some romance, between university student and high schooler- just adding that to note since it might be deal breaker for some. Strong points are dialogue- and there is lot of that and chemistry between characters. In other hand the detective stuff isn't most interesting for me. Somehow I really loved 1st ep then found 2nd boring and after that 3rd pretty good. I think it's above average show, but for me.. I hoped there would be more action.
Somali to Mori no Kamisama
Rather cute anime of Golem taking care of small human child in monster society where humans have almost gone extinct. Hints at sadness and feels that will surely come later on. The character designs and backgrounds are pretty. So far it's feel good anime, it's not that interesting per say but doesn't do anything wrong either.
Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dake
About 3 school girls that want to create anime. This seems to be one of the most loved animes this season if not most. For me it's alright, it's like A place further than the Universe for me- good visuals, alright characters.. but most of time doesn't capture my attention. But Eizouken is definitely good one if you want to watch sth different from your regular anime. You don't rly have any common anime tropes in this one. It's good, but not most interesting.
Magia Records: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica Gaiden
Spin-off series of Madoka Magica that is based on mobile game. Magia Records has some good elements from the original series. Emotions that are running high and Shafts crazy background designs that feel just like from the original show. However doesn't really manage to capture charm of original series, but that was quite expected. When someone else takes over writing series that Gen Urobuchi wrote it just isn't the same. Some eps are more intense and good than others, but inconsistent for me.
Jibaku Shonen Hanako-Kun
Hanako-kun is definitely my favorite anime this season. I don't rly think anything will contend it. Similarly as Kyokou Suiri Hanoku-kun appears to be supernatural anime with focus on solving mysteries and with some flavorings of romance thrown into. However while it doesn't have that much action (there is some, but fights aren't long) either, instead of solving mysteries just through dialogue, it has characters going through them and looking for solutions. The art style is absolutely adorable, it's creepy cute with saturated colors. The characters have lot of personality, which is especially shown on Hanako-kun and his voice acting. The mood changes a lot since there is tons of humor thrown into it, but that kind of humor works pretty well for me. Definitely recommended ^^
Id: Invaded
And yet another mystery-solving detective anime. But at least not supernatural this time- just really trippy scifi one. Id: Invaded is bit of slow-burner, I think it gets some time to get into. It's really good though, but surprisingly brutal I just feel like it gets more brutal as the episodes go. The plot is basically that you have this former detective (who is in prison for killing serial killers) working with the police and diving into minds of serial killers to find out clues about murders and who and where the serial killer is so other polices can catch him. If you like police and detective stories and don't mind things getting bit violent and effed up, this is for you.
Dorohedoro
Oh these are in row huh. Dorohedoro is another highlight of this season for me. It's mostly computer animated- but well- anime which is also pretty brutal (there is horror tag for it).. but there is also comedy. It's basically mix of being both comedic and horrific
The non-challant attitude of the characters towards pools of blood and murder makes it seem less brutal though! There is just one guy I have felt bad for so far. You have some really good action with this one and also rather unique and interesting world. Basically there is two cities that are seperated, place where magic users live and then slum-like place where all the regular folks live. Sorcerers come to experiement and test their magic on common folks all the time which is why some of them have animal faces and so on. Both sides hate each other. There has been just 2 eps, but tons of stuff has happened and I like many characters on both sides.
Majutsushi Oprhen Hagure Tabi
So apparently this one is remake of some 90s anime. It really looks like it, they haven't really updated visuals nor the animation. Apparently it skipped tons of stuff from the original series in order to cut the lenght in half too. I don't really recommend this one. First ep had some alright stuff and characters, but then continued on to characters that are mostly boring. Animation style is really outdated at times, it doesn't look like 90s in good way. Tbh, just watch the 90s anime instead.
Runway de Waratte
So I didn't expect to watch anime about fashion design and modeling. Even less I expected it to be shonen anime.. and it to be actually good. It has all the fashion world stuff from harsh opinions to having to adapt fast and such things. Basically it's about this boy who dreams of being fashion designer but can't go to school for it since he's family is poor so almost gives up and also about girl who refuses to give up although she's way to short to be runway model. And well it's bit like watching Project Runway meets Top Model, lot of drama, not so many catfights though. Pretty enjoyable overall, makes you want to root for both MCs.
Housekishou Richard-shi no Nazo Kantei
Alright this is definitely weirdest. Not cause it's trippy or anything, it's grounded on real life. But basically it's anime about appraising jewels... and somehow detective work associated with that. It's not that mindblowing, it's somewhat slow slice of life and drama series with some mysteries to solve. It's alright, nothin special.
As always, I have been watching tons of seasonal anime. I thought of cutting number of shows down a bit, but lol nope. I have really bad habit of just getting curious and then not being able to cut show even if it's not that good
Since there is going to be many shows I will go through I will try to be brief with them and just give simple review and my thoughts on them. What I think has been really good, and what I have dropped so far.
Also if you want to check out just best of best, I'd recommend checking out Hanako-kun, Dorohedoro, ID: Invaded and Runway. Hanako-kun and Dorohedoro for comedy.. but also work some somewhat creepy stuff and Dorohedoro is also violent and brutal. Great art also! Then ID:Invaded if you want trippy and brutal detective story and Runway if you want slice of life drama about fashion world. Also Eizouken if you want some wacky not so anime-like but good animation with fresh story.
Images from myanimelist.
Haikyuu!! To the Top
Since this is 4th season of Haikyuu!!, it's pretty much just for Haikyuu!! fans, definitely not good point to start. I think the beginning of season has been pretty slow for me, I haven't been that interested. It's okay, but not best of Haikyuu!!, hopefully picks up. My husbando Oikawa is nowhere to be seen either :( I have seen some complain about changes in art styles and animation but tbh, I haven't noticed them.
Darwin's Game
Death Battle anime, basically mc downloads mobile game which turns out to game where you battle to death with other players. It has some nice suspense. The characters could be better and more likeable. I think it's slightly above average, not something that will blow your mind, but sth you can enjoy.
Kyokou Suiri
Supernatural detective anime with some romance, between university student and high schooler- just adding that to note since it might be deal breaker for some. Strong points are dialogue- and there is lot of that and chemistry between characters. In other hand the detective stuff isn't most interesting for me. Somehow I really loved 1st ep then found 2nd boring and after that 3rd pretty good. I think it's above average show, but for me.. I hoped there would be more action.
Somali to Mori no Kamisama
Rather cute anime of Golem taking care of small human child in monster society where humans have almost gone extinct. Hints at sadness and feels that will surely come later on. The character designs and backgrounds are pretty. So far it's feel good anime, it's not that interesting per say but doesn't do anything wrong either.
Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dake
About 3 school girls that want to create anime. This seems to be one of the most loved animes this season if not most. For me it's alright, it's like A place further than the Universe for me- good visuals, alright characters.. but most of time doesn't capture my attention. But Eizouken is definitely good one if you want to watch sth different from your regular anime. You don't rly have any common anime tropes in this one. It's good, but not most interesting.
Magia Records: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica Gaiden
Spin-off series of Madoka Magica that is based on mobile game. Magia Records has some good elements from the original series. Emotions that are running high and Shafts crazy background designs that feel just like from the original show. However doesn't really manage to capture charm of original series, but that was quite expected. When someone else takes over writing series that Gen Urobuchi wrote it just isn't the same. Some eps are more intense and good than others, but inconsistent for me.
Jibaku Shonen Hanako-Kun
Hanako-kun is definitely my favorite anime this season. I don't rly think anything will contend it. Similarly as Kyokou Suiri Hanoku-kun appears to be supernatural anime with focus on solving mysteries and with some flavorings of romance thrown into. However while it doesn't have that much action (there is some, but fights aren't long) either, instead of solving mysteries just through dialogue, it has characters going through them and looking for solutions. The art style is absolutely adorable, it's creepy cute with saturated colors. The characters have lot of personality, which is especially shown on Hanako-kun and his voice acting. The mood changes a lot since there is tons of humor thrown into it, but that kind of humor works pretty well for me. Definitely recommended ^^
Id: Invaded
And yet another mystery-solving detective anime. But at least not supernatural this time- just really trippy scifi one. Id: Invaded is bit of slow-burner, I think it gets some time to get into. It's really good though, but surprisingly brutal I just feel like it gets more brutal as the episodes go. The plot is basically that you have this former detective (who is in prison for killing serial killers) working with the police and diving into minds of serial killers to find out clues about murders and who and where the serial killer is so other polices can catch him. If you like police and detective stories and don't mind things getting bit violent and effed up, this is for you.
Dorohedoro
Oh these are in row huh. Dorohedoro is another highlight of this season for me. It's mostly computer animated- but well- anime which is also pretty brutal (there is horror tag for it).. but there is also comedy. It's basically mix of being both comedic and horrific
Majutsushi Oprhen Hagure Tabi
So apparently this one is remake of some 90s anime. It really looks like it, they haven't really updated visuals nor the animation. Apparently it skipped tons of stuff from the original series in order to cut the lenght in half too. I don't really recommend this one. First ep had some alright stuff and characters, but then continued on to characters that are mostly boring. Animation style is really outdated at times, it doesn't look like 90s in good way. Tbh, just watch the 90s anime instead.
Runway de Waratte
So I didn't expect to watch anime about fashion design and modeling. Even less I expected it to be shonen anime.. and it to be actually good. It has all the fashion world stuff from harsh opinions to having to adapt fast and such things. Basically it's about this boy who dreams of being fashion designer but can't go to school for it since he's family is poor so almost gives up and also about girl who refuses to give up although she's way to short to be runway model. And well it's bit like watching Project Runway meets Top Model, lot of drama, not so many catfights though. Pretty enjoyable overall, makes you want to root for both MCs.
Housekishou Richard-shi no Nazo Kantei
Alright this is definitely weirdest. Not cause it's trippy or anything, it's grounded on real life. But basically it's anime about appraising jewels... and somehow detective work associated with that. It's not that mindblowing, it's somewhat slow slice of life and drama series with some mysteries to solve. It's alright, nothin special.
Last edited: