Appreciation [REVIEW] TWICE: 'Fancy' the 7th Mini Album (1 Viewer)

What do you give this album?

  • 1/10

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3/10

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4/10

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5/10

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6/10

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7/10

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8/10

    Votes: 4 50.0%
  • 9/10

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10/10

    Votes: 3 37.5%

  • Total voters
    8
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
1,049
Reactions Received
4,251
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
V.I.P
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
19552

___________________________________________________________________


___________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer: I am nowhere near an expert, nor do I use proper terms to describe things
most of the time. I am simply here to express my opinion and give honest reviews of the
albums that my favs produce.


___________________________________________________________________

Fancy: 10/10

I feel like Nayeon opens every single song, but honestly it's not a bad thing. It's a really
good start, the beginning is very catchy and hearing Jeongyeons voice so early was a refresher.
The lead into the chorus is nice, the song is pretty fast paced and it's kind of hard to keep up with
it and write for certain parts but I'm not going to complain because fast songs tend to be some of
my favorites. The chorus was executed well, and honestly I don't really pick up any bad vibes at all
from this song. The rap is wonderful, switching between Chae and Dahyun was perfect. Then to
Jeongyeon, oh how perfect. Sana sounds better vocally here, don't know why but she sounds good
here. The chorus really does have me hooked though, like this is a straight up bop and Chae's 'Fancy'
is killing me. I can't choose who's era this is .. Chae's? Jeongyeon? Dahyun? ... There is nothing I do not
like about this song. This is legit my Signal, loved it on the first listen just like I did with Signal and
had no questions about it. Overall, this is one of my top 5 songs from them.

Stuck In My Head: 8/10

The beginning itself is kind of rough, like not in a bad way but like it grabs the attention. Then what
comes after makes it so much better, such a nice beat. Well there's a bridge and we haven't even reached
the first minute? Okay it still sounds good especially with the build up to the chorus, I like the chorus
although I kind of wish it had more to it. The sing/rap parts being mixed in are really the greatest part
of this song, not the chorus. They did it so well and the build up! The build up is great too, I can see myself
humming this later today. I doubt I'll be able to get this out of my head. The rap came suddenly and while it
wasn't really amazing it sounds good with the song. I like the ending verses though, they're good.

Girls Like Us: 10/10

Opening instrumentals are nice and a bit groovy. I like this. This is nice and chill. The vocals sound
so mature in the beginning? I like that. Oh boy yeah right to the chorus then, this is a really good song.
This is different. This feels a lot more .. Western? Idk how to say it but either way I am still digging it.
The chorus seems to come very quickly though between verses but anyways the vocals are great. I know
that they are kind of produced but it just sounds right with the songs flow and background music. That
rap style is starting to grow on me, they changed something ... I wonder what they did. The vocals are
getting me oh it ended. Oh.

Hot: 9/10

I almost thought I was listening to a Bruno Mars song for a second but I was wrong. Those chords are
so weird together? But they sound intriguing. The vocals coming in are nice and the flow is great. Momo
is doing really good this comeback, I swear it's so nice hearing her often. Their build ups are getting to
be the nicest parts of their songs I swear, although Hot reminds me of Girls Like Us? Idk I think it might
just be the way they are layering the voices that sound similar. Slowing the beat down and then jumping
into an up-beat chorus seems to work in their favor. Is there not a song I dislike yet? 'Catch me if you can',
okay favorite part of this entire song by far. And back into the chorus, perfection. This is looking to be my
all-time favorite album from Twice. Oh dear Chae and Dahyun, you two are doing amazing.

Turn It Up: 8/10

Cute, and then not cute I likey. A bit of a groovy beat I'd say and some nice vocals, jfc thank god for
the amount of Jeongyeon I am being fed. The first verses are so nice and smooth, and yep the build ups
are everything. The chorus's are addictive and this one is no different, and yesssssss MORE RAP PLEASE.
I know they're not A class rappers but they fit so perfectly with this song and it's so nice hearing them so
much. Especially the back and forth between Dahyun and Chae. Jihyo's vocals are so great all the time, hearing
her so much in the chorus is really lovely. Even Nayeon sounds great. Love the chorus though, it's very catchy.
Twice has impressed me once again. I want more stuff like this album. JYP I WANT MORE.

Strawberry: 7/10

These chord progressions are odd but nice? How they started the song was already interesting and I
want more. Jeongyeon .. yes please. I'm going to be pissed if I keep noticing the wrong singer but anyways
this song is a bit slower than the others and not as good beat wise but it's still a nice song. It's kind of an
easy going and relaxed song, the vocals are so much softer and a bit more cute too. To be fair, it's a pretty
sweet song ... see what I did there? No. Okay. ANYWAYS. It's nice, but not the best of the album. I'll probably
listen to it here and there, I just have to say the vocals here are fantastic too. Really good job of all the girls.


___________________________________________________________________

OVERALL: 8.6/10
___________________________________________________________________

​
 
Last edited:
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
1,049
Reactions Received
4,251
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
V.I.P
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
The calculator gives this album an 8.6/10, my heart gives it a 10/10 :pepeheart::pepeheart::pepeheart::pepeheart::pepeheart:
 

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I feel like Stuck In My Head could've been so much more, like there are parts in it that I really dig more than in any other of the songs but then there are parts that I don't like at all. The chorus could've been like a really great rock influenced chorus, more than it is already if it weren't for the repetitive "stuck in my head like".

Girls Like Us and Hot are my faves of this album :pepecheer:
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
8.8 out of 10.

This has been my favourite album release so far! I am currently on my 2nd listen of the whole album and so many of these songs could've easily been the title track. And just knowing that the girls themselves were responsible for writing the majority of the songs just makes it even better.

Right now my favourite songs in order are;

- Girls Like Us (Fucking love the chorus!!!)
- Stuck In My Head
- Fancy
- Hot
- Strawberry
- Turn It Up
 
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
4,371
Reactions Received
11,118
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
330
Fandom
ReVeluv
Gender
Female
8/10 for me. I was pleased with this album, and while Fancy isn't my favorite title from them, it definitely is catchy and I can't wait to see the performances.

The chorus could've been like a really great rock influenced chorus...
Now I want it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ineul_Ze and Myco

Walnutt

The #1 Reveluv
.
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,274
Reactions Received
21,574
Location
Wherever Seulgi wants me to be
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348
I feel like Stuck In My Head could've been so much more, like there are parts in it that I really dig more than in any other of the songs but then there are parts that I don't like at all. The chorus could've been like a really great rock influenced chorus, more than it is already if it weren't for the repetitive "stuck in my head like".

Girls Like Us and Hot are my faves of this album :pepecheer:
Stuck In My Head is already one of my fav Twice songs :maheart:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco and Ineul_Ze

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread