Sakura.... (1 Viewer)

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,364
Reactions Received
27,575
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,993
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
I think the word idol is different in Korea than it is in Japan.

in Korea, the line between singer/dancer and "idol" is blurred tbh.

in japan, an idol is not necessarily a singer, a dancer, they're more of a personality or a performer of sorts.

so tbh I can see what sakura is saying even if I don't agree with it.
I feel like I'm in the minority that agrees with her :yolk:
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I feel like I'm in the minority that agrees with her :yolk:
i can see where shes coming from, if your dating takes away from your job then i can understand maybe quitting

honestly i hate the way idols are in japan, they take the manufactured image to the next level and the girls there basically become literal dolls.

in korea idols date, lose a few fans, and then they're fine. in japan it's taken to the next level, if you wanna get married you have to quit your career, that seems ridiculous to me. buutttt at the same time I think that sakura is suggesting that idols should take a more mature path like acting or actually making music that isn't idol music if they wanna get married bc idols are "for kids", even though they have a disturbing amount of old men watching their shows.

can i ask why you agree with her, i understand sakuras reasoning but tbh i just cant get behind treating women like some personal dolls that shouldn't be allowed to date...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and mysteric

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,364
Reactions Received
27,575
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,993
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
i can see where shes coming from, if your dating takes away from your job then i can understand maybe quitting

honestly i hate the way idols are in japan, they take the manufactured image to the next level and the girls there basically become literal dolls.

in korea idols date, lose a few fans, and then they're fine. in japan it's taken to the next level, if you wanna get married you have to quit your career, that seems ridiculous to me. buutttt at the same time I think that sakura is suggesting that idols should take a more mature path like acting or actually making music that isn't idol music if they wanna get married bc idols are "for kids", even though they have a disturbing amount of old men watching their shows.

can i ask why you agree with her, i understand sakuras reasoning but tbh i just cant get behind treating women like some personal dolls that shouldn't be allowed to date...
her image from what I get was always super well curated and the traditional idol if that makes sense
like sasshi mostly got her popularity for dating, miichan for being dramatic when she got caught, fei qinyuan for being a bit of a brat, fangqi for being a snake etc: their fanbases mainly came for the tea, so they can get away with a lot more because that's kind of what they gained fans for

on the other hand, sakura is again, more of the traditional idol: "clean", "pure", "innocent", "poops marshmallows" type so her career would be basically gone if she ever was caught dating or whatever. and from what I understand of her, she's a massive career woman: career first, love second. basically, I don't agree with the overall sentiment, but I do agree with her for her case specifically, idk why people made that much of a deal about it when it's obviously what her fans want. and fans, well, they basically make or break your career
 
  • Like
Reactions: amourpinks
Joined
26 April 2019
Messages
303
Reactions Received
751
Location
.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
her image from what I get was always super well curated and the traditional idol if that makes sense
like sasshi mostly got her popularity for dating, miichan for being dramatic when she got caught, fei qinyuan for being a bit of a brat, fangqi for being a snake etc: their fanbases mainly came for the tea, so they can get away with a lot more because that's kind of what they gained fans for

on the other hand, sakura is again, more of the traditional idol: "clean", "pure", "innocent", "poops marshmallows" type so her career would be basically gone if she ever was caught dating or whatever. and from what I understand of her, she's a massive career woman: career first, love second. basically, I don't agree with the overall sentiment, but I do agree with her for her case specifically, idk why people made that much of a deal about it when it's obviously what her fans want. and fans, well, they basically make or break your career
Right but it shouldn't be that way. Her career shouldn't be gone because of this. And by her encouraging this toxic behavior, she's practically enabling her fans to think that idols ARE in the wrong for dating.

It's pretty sad, honestly. She doesn't feel like she should be able to fully enjoy her life because of her brainwashing at such a young age.

edit: it could be possible that shes just saying that bc thats what the fans want too
 
  • Like
Reactions: mysteric

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,364
Reactions Received
27,575
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,993
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
Right but it shouldn't be that way. Her career shouldn't be gone because of this. And by her encouraging this toxic behavior, she's practically enabling her fans to think that idols ARE in the wrong for dating.

It's pretty sad, honestly. She doesn't feel like she should be able to fully enjoy her life because of her brainwashing at such a young age.

edit: it could be possible that shes just saying that bc thats what the fans want too
I know I do come off as cold and really harsh, maybe even a bit cynical and pessimistic here, but please bear with me

It's my belief that in life, nothing is free, and that you'll have to sacrifice a lot in order to gain a lot. Careers are the same. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky few that has a job you love that pays you well with a good work environment, but let's be real, that's rare. I do realize that it's messed up that for a woman to do well career wise, most have to give up relationships or having children because of societal expectations, but that's not something that can be easily changed. Same goes to the idol path. Some decide to prioritize their relationships, and props to them for that: that's obviously a hard decisions, and I don't really care where their priorities lie—again, different people, different priorities, cool. In a lot of idols cases, their dreams are of the utmost importance. That I can respect. And if they do want to do well, they'll have to inevitably give up a lot: it's a harsh and competitive industry. Everyone is easily replaceable until you're a top star, not unlike in most situations in life. It sucks, but to most people, you're not all that important. A lot of my friends might come and go, and I might be sad about it, but I shouldn't have the authority to tell others to put me before their own goals and dreams. Idols know that they are replaceable, and if they're that adamant on succeeding, of course they'd willingly throw away some of life's luxuries. If you flop because of dating, you flop. Isn't always the case (look at Sasshi or Namie who bounced back even stronger), but it's pretty darn likely. Anyhow, no one will really care: your fans might be sad, but that's it. No change will be done, unless you have some top notch pr skills to dig yourself out of that hole (Miichan lol) . But if you manage to work your way to the top, you have a lot more room to create a change in culture. Basically what I'm getting at is that no one wins if some random chika idol dates and consequently flops. For actual change to happen, some people will have to give up a lot by playing by the system's rules before they can enact change.

and yeah that edit is basically my entire point. I don't agree with the philosophy of idols not dating, but I agree with Sakura saying this. She's career-driven, and those types of words are exactly what her fans want to hear. It's smart of her part imo, and again, the whole "I feel bad for her getting this brainwashed" is the thing that annoys me most of the response. Feel bad for HKT whistleblowers who were fired. Feel bad for Maho. Sakura's def smart enough in my opinion to not fall for that anymore.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kedon
Joined
26 April 2019
Messages
303
Reactions Received
751
Location
.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I know I do come off as cold and really harsh, maybe even a bit cynical and pessimistic here, but please bear with me

It's my belief that in life, nothing is free, and that you'll have to sacrifice a lot in order to gain a lot. Careers are the same. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky few that has a job you love that pays you well with a good work environment, but let's be real, that's rare. I do realize that it's messed up that for a woman to do well career wise, most have to give up relationships or having children because of societal expectations, but that's not something that can be easily changed. Same goes to the idol path. Some decide to prioritize their relationships, and props to them for that: that's obviously a hard decisions, and I don't really care where their priorities lie—again, different people, different priorities, cool. In a lot of idols cases, their dreams are of the utmost importance. That I can respect. And if they do want to do well, they'll have to inevitably give up a lot: it's a harsh and competitive industry. Everyone is easily replaceable until you're a top star, not unlike in most situations in life. It sucks, but to most people, you're not all that important. A lot of my friends might come and go, and I might be sad about it, but I shouldn't have the authority to tell others to put me before their own goals and dreams. Idols know that they are replaceable, and if they're that adamant on succeeding, of course they'd willingly throw away some of life's luxuries. If you flop because of dating, you flop. Isn't always the case (look at Sasshi or Namie who bounced back even stronger), but it's pretty darn likely. Anyhow, no one will really care: your fans might be sad, but that's it. No change will be done, unless you have some top notch pr skills to dig yourself out of that hole (Miichan lol) . But if you manage to work your way to the top, you have a lot more room to create a change in culture. Basically what I'm getting at is that no one wins if some random chika idol dates and consequently flops. For actual change to happen, some people will have to give up a lot by playing by the system's rules before they can enact change.

and yeah that edit is basically my entire point. I don't agree with the philosophy of idols not dating, but I agree with Sakura saying this. She's career-driven, and those types of words are exactly what her fans want to hear. It's smart of her part imo, and again, the whole "I feel bad for her getting this brainwashed" is the thing that annoys me most of the response. Feel bad for HKT whistleblowers who were fired. Feel bad for Maho. Sakura's def smart enough in my opinion to not fall for that anymore.
this is definitely true, i see what you mean. i dont think you seem pessimistic at all, just realistic. its going to take a lot to change the way the industry works. its just sad that she doesnt see anything wrong with idols not dating, but her statement was technically not incorrect, career-wise.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mysteric

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread