Saying goodbye to a loved character (1 Viewer)

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship


There isn't much that can wreck me emotionally or has done so before.
I was around 12 or 13 years old when I started playing the very first episode of Telltale Game's "The Walking Dead".
A game for age 18 and above, I shouldn't have even be playing this game.

The story was about Lee, someone that was on his way to jail but as it is common with zombies, it didn't go as planned.
He met a little girl called Clementine that he protected to his dear heart until his time had come and due to a bit from a Zombie and not wanting to turn, had let Clementine shoot him one last time so he wouldn't turn into one of those Monsters.
That's the first time a game has made me cry, as a 13 year old I didn't understand everything but I felt empathy for Clementine and Lee.

Going further into Clementine's story it was pretty much just a mess, she was kind of attached to death, because 80% of the people she met, died.
In her story, a women gave birth but died doing so. It was in Clem's hand after the events of the second season finished to take care of that baby.
And so she did until today. She took the role of Lee and tried to raise the baby called AJ to a fine boy and altho he had many many flaws it was impossible not to like her since it was you, the player who really raised him the way he ended up being.

Today marks the last part of Clementine's story.
I've been with her for 7 years, that's around the whole teenage years of mine.
She teached me many things in these years, throughout the story, the hardships she went through how she mastered them or even how she failed but continued.



I know this is probably really cheesy but sometimes games like these can have more of a effect on you than anything in your real life.
I've grown to like her and the other characters so much and I'm really sad that it's over now.
It was a happy ending after all but it still feels weird thinking about not really getting anything more from the story in the future.
I just had to write something to get the thoughts out of my head or else I probably would think about this all night.
But if anyone has access to playing it, look past all the negatives because in the end it really pays off.

Please enjoy this beautiful song as well.
​
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread