School is a pain (2 Viewers)

Joined
19 October 2018
Messages
1,452
Reactions Received
6,534
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
My teacher’s dad is dying so we had a sub today for math & study hall. Usually in SH I come in 20 minutes after the bell rang without a pass and my teacher doesn’t question it. I am with my friend most of the time checking our answers together or working on something on the main floor. I come in 30 minutes late today and the sub approaches me and ask why I’m late. I told her I was working on my review downstairs in my teacher’s classroom and cleaned out my locker. She told me I was skipping class and I tried to tell I didn’t and I do this often but she still told me I was skipping class. I gave up and told my friend after class during the next period. After class, the sub approaches again and told us she sent a note to our teacher online about how we ‘skipped’ class and that we didn’t do anything wrong, except ‘skip’ class.

We both tried to explain that we do this often and my teacher is ok with it. My friend isn’t even in that period, she’s in band so it shouldn’t have been the sub’s concern. She didn’t let us talk and kept twisting our words. Eventually I said ‘sorry it was my bad, I should’ve brought a note.’

Am I the wrong one ? My teacher’s lets me get away with it and doesn’t question it. Her dad is dying and I don’t think she wants to deal with a couple of students because the sub didn’t let us explain. I would’ve got it if the sub said to tell her next time and don’t do it again, but she came to the worst possible conclusion within the first five seconds of trying to explain. I understand where the sub is coming from because I didn’t bring a pass but she didn’t allow us to explain & asked us during the worst possible time in front of other students.
 
Last edited:

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
this all seems like such an unnecessary situation. the sub should have heard you out
 

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
You were in the right, you didnt need a note if you never needed one before. Ofc if you knew there would be a sub it might've been useful to get one so she knows whats going on but still it wasnt a necessity.

What do you do before you get to clasx btw? Ik you already said but i'm confused. Is there another teacher with you when you're out of SH? Also what's study hall, it wasnt a thing in my school or if it was it wasnt called study hall so im confused ;-;
 
Joined
19 October 2018
Messages
1,452
Reactions Received
6,534
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
You were in the right, you didnt need a note if you never needed one before. Ofc if you knew there would be a sub it might've been useful to get one so she knows whats going on but still it wasnt a necessity.

What do you do before you get to clasx btw? Ik you already said but i'm confused. Is there another teacher with you when you're out of SH? Also what's study hall, it wasnt a thing in my school or if it was it wasnt called study hall so im confused ;-;
SH is where you work on other homework in one period. I stay on the main floor during the period with my friend who’s in band and we check our answers together before we turn it in. We also clean out our folders and lockers before I go to SH and she goes to band 👍👍
 
  • Like
Reactions: NASA and yeji

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
SH is where you work on other homework in one period. I stay on the main floor during the period with my friend who’s in band and we check our answers together before we turn it in. We also clean out our folders and lockers before I go to SH and she goes to band 👍👍
Ooh I think I had something similar to that in 6form but we didn't do any homework. We had to attend for some reason but we would just do exactly what we would have done if we were in the common room and basically just talked for an hour and had our assignments open so we could tell the teacher that we were talking 'while doing our work' if she told us we needed to get some work done lol

The conversations we had were always bangin', I remember the really awkward kid saying shit like 'dolla dolla' and 'coin' talking like he was a pimp and we would all just lose it
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread