Sensitive Seeing this happen next to me but not being able to say anything (1 Viewer)

Villains

#1 JOOYEON FAN
.
Joined
2 March 2021
Messages
23,306
Reactions Received
28,173
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,504
Fandom
Villain
Ship
This one person in my class who is transgender being made fun of, being mocked, having their things stolen, and having people make them cry. Sometimes I want to stand up for them but I just don't have the courage, I don't know how to word things and how I would even make a change because everyone in this class is so stubborn. It makes me so sad that I haven't said anything and the school year is about to end, I feel guilty. Am I a bad person for not being able to stand up for this person and possibly make things stop?
 

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
It doesn't make you a bad person. You are thoughtful and caring enough to even want to, some people don't even care. It is hard to stand up for someone else in a difficult situation and a lot of people are scared too because they are afraid that they in the end won't be able to help.

I would say what you can do if possible is you think that the authority figures in your school are trustworthy you can report it to them. However since this is not always the case, what you can do if you want is just make sure that your classmate knows that they're not alone and that you accept them for who they are. This can be done in a lot of different ways if you are unsure about talking to them face to face. It's a horrible situation that they have to be in for sure. I hope that they will be okay
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
Is it in your power to make things stop? I´m not saying "don´t stand up for something when you can´t make a change", I´d say "stand up for something because you feel that it is right" because you know that your believes are in the right place or because you want to support someone. this is a typical thing that happens in a crowd, we are all sheep and we all act like it. there are very few individuals who are really brave enough to BE THEMSELVES and always act true to themselves, it takes courage, let´s admit that but it is not always wise. why? because you have to survive. sometimes we feel ashamed for acting like that, following the crowd, not wanting to stand up, we fear that we will be ostracized and it is understandable. however, don´t mind my pseudointellectual words.
this is high school, wild, dangerous place. just because the jerks are jerks this year doesn´t mean they will be like that next year. people get educated, they get better, they change.
you need to sort your thoughts out and set your priorities. keep an eye on the person and maybe let them know you are here to support them and say that you are sorry for not being too loud about it, but that you don´t feel competitive enough to do so, but if they need someone to lean on, you are here and you want to be here. let them show you what they need and be careful that the comments don´t turn into bullying.
 

Villains

#1 JOOYEON FAN
.
Joined
2 March 2021
Messages
23,306
Reactions Received
28,173
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,504
Fandom
Villain
Ship
It doesn't make you a bad person. You are thoughtful and caring enough to even want to, some people don't even care. It is hard to stand up for someone else in a difficult situation and a lot of people are scared too because they are afraid that they in the end won't be able to help.

I would say what you can do if possible is you think that the authority figures in your school are trustworthy you can report it to them. However since this is not always the case, what you can do if you want is just make sure that your classmate knows that they're not alone and that you accept them for who they are. This can be done in a lot of different ways if you are unsure about talking to them face to face. It's a horrible situation that they have to be in for sure. I hope that they will be okay
I would report it but even the teachers are transphobic and I think that if I did report it then that could cause more problems for this person and I really don't want to make things worse for them
 

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I would report it but even the teachers are transphobic and I think that if I did report it then that could cause more problems for this person and I really don't want to make things worse for them
then it's best to just support them as a friend and an ally, if no one else is mature or ready to be accepting, then you can be that person for them. just one person accepting them, if they know that, it will go a long way i am sure
 

Villains

#1 JOOYEON FAN
.
Joined
2 March 2021
Messages
23,306
Reactions Received
28,173
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,504
Fandom
Villain
Ship
Is it in your power to make things stop? I´m not saying "don´t stand up for something when you can´t make a change", I´d say "stand up for something because you feel that it is right" because you know that your believes are in the right place or because you want to support someone. this is a typical thing that happens in a crowd, we are all sheep and we all act like it. there are very few individuals who are really brave enough to BE THEMSELVES and always act true to themselves, it takes courage, let´s admit that but it is not always wise. why? because you have to survive. sometimes we feel ashamed for acting like that, following the crowd, not wanting to stand up, we fear that we will be ostracized and it is understandable. however, don´t mind my pseudointellectual words.
this is high school, wild, dangerous place. just because the jerks are jerks this year doesn´t mean they will be like that next year. people get educated, they get better, they change.
you need to sort your thoughts out and set your priorities. keep an eye on the person and maybe let them know you are here to support them and say that you are sorry for not being too loud about it, but that you don´t feel competitive enough to do so, but if they need someone to lean on, you are here and you want to be here. let them show you what they need and be careful that the comments don´t turn into bullying.
I see that, I want to stand up for them but it's hard since we haven't spoken a single work to each other this whole year even though we sit next to eac hother every single day. I agree that people get educated but in this case these people seem like they'll be like this forever, they've been like this from every since I've met them and no matter how many punishments they get they don't change.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and brekker

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,595
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,408
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
i don't know you personally but i'm sure you're not a bad person. as someone who was bullied in school, i never really held it against any of my classmates i was close with that they didn't stand up for me because i know they could possibly become the bully's next victim since this is how things often turn out in schools like mine where the teachers couldn't care less for the students' mental wellbeing. the best thing you could do is reach out to that person and let them know that you support them and that they're not alone, i'm sure they would appreciate that.
 

Villains

#1 JOOYEON FAN
.
Joined
2 March 2021
Messages
23,306
Reactions Received
28,173
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,504
Fandom
Villain
Ship
then it's best to just support them as a friend and an ally, if no one else is mature or ready to be accepting, then you can be that person for them. just one person accepting them, if they know that, it will go a long way i am sure
I see that, I just want to make things a bit easier for them to go through but it's hard for me to open my mouth
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
I see that, I want to stand up for them but it's hard since we haven't spoken a single work to each other this whole year even though we sit next to eac hother every single day. I agree that people get educated but in this case these people seem like they'll be like this forever, they've been like this from every since I've met them and no matter how many punishments they get they don't change.
some people are close minded and it comes from their own family. you cannot push them to change, but all you can do it hope that things will turn out better than expected. we are not born saints, we might become ones with our good deeds :D.
maybe just take the first step and start talking? I dunno, it is a joy of mine to meet other introverts and let them know that "maaan, so happy i´ve met soemone I can bump shoulders with and be comfortably silent and hiyaa, if you wanna talk, I´m sure conversations are gonna be interesting. but let me respect your personal space because I freaking understand your feels, but I´m here, buddy!"
trust me when I say, it´s easier than it seems.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Villains

Villains

#1 JOOYEON FAN
.
Joined
2 March 2021
Messages
23,306
Reactions Received
28,173
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,504
Fandom
Villain
Ship
i don't know you personally but i'm sure you're not a bad person. as someone who was bullied in school, i never really held it against any of my classmates i was close with that they didn't stand up for me because i know they could possibly become the bully's next victim since this is how things often turn out in schools like mine where the teachers couldn't care less for the students' mental wellbeing. the best thing you could do is reach out to that person and let them know that you support them and that they're not alone, i'm sure they would appreciate that.
I really want to let them know I support them but they don't seem like the person to really talk to people easily. I've seen whenever someone tries to talk to them they never really take any interest and seem kind of "scared" in a way.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and brekker

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I see that, I just want to make things a bit easier for them to go through but it's hard for me to open my mouth
it's understandable why it is hard to speak up, when you're surrounded by people that don't think the same, that punish people for being different, it is going to be hard to stand up for what you believe in. and anyone who would criticize you for not speaking out should remember that it is really hard to do so
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Villains

Villains

#1 JOOYEON FAN
.
Joined
2 March 2021
Messages
23,306
Reactions Received
28,173
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,504
Fandom
Villain
Ship
some people are close minded and it comes from their own family. you cannot push them to change, but all you can do it hope that things will turn out better than expected. we are not born saints, we might become ones with our good deeds :D.
maybe just take the first step and start talking? I dunno, it is a joy of mine to meet other introverts and let them know that "maaan, so happy i´ve met soemone I can bump shoulders with and be comfortably silent and hiyaa, if you wanna talk, I´m sure conversations are gonna be interesting. but let me respect your personal space because I freaking understand your feels, but I´m here, buddy!"
trust me when I say, it´s easier than it seems.
It's hard for me to talk to people I don't know so I was thinking I could leave them a note on a piece of paper?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yili and Willow

Areum

Seongwha's Wife
.
Joined
5 January 2021
Messages
5,947
Reactions Received
14,469
Location
- ATEEZ's studio
Website
www.instagram.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
139
Fandom
Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/#1 ATINY
Ship
Even if you can't report them, or are too afraid to stand up, being there for them as a friend and confident is the best thing you can do. Let them know that you are there for them and they are not alone and that you support them for who they are.
 

Villains

#1 JOOYEON FAN
.
Joined
2 March 2021
Messages
23,306
Reactions Received
28,173
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,504
Fandom
Villain
Ship
Even if you can't report them, or are too afraid to stand up, being there for them as a friend and confident is the best thing you can do. Let them know that you are there for them and they are not alone and that you support them for who they are.
I've tried speaking to them but I just couldn't open my mouth for some reason. One day I walked into class to see them crying at their desk and it was so heartbreaking to see all these people surrounding them and just saying horrible things to them
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
I really want to let them know I support them but they don't seem like the person to really talk to people easily. I've seen whenever someone tries to talk to them they never really take any interest and seem kind of "scared" in a way.
while I understand you and I understand them, it might come to the fact they might have been bullied for some time and have lost trust in people. maybe try the old-school way of slipping a paper with one of your social media etc.? something like "loved sitting next to you, if you wanna talk, hit me up" they probably might not take it and respond to that BUT they will KNOW you care and slowly, step by step they might open up? maybe it will take a lot of time, but showing them, letting them know, means a lot.

just don´t push them and don´t take it as your failure if they don´t respond. no one is perfect and you are trying, learning and improving ♥
 

Villains

#1 JOOYEON FAN
.
Joined
2 March 2021
Messages
23,306
Reactions Received
28,173
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,504
Fandom
Villain
Ship
while I understand you and I understand them, it might come to the fact they might have been bullied for some time and have lost trust in people. maybe try the old-school way of slipping a paper with one of your social media etc.? something like "loved sitting next to you, if you wanna talk, hit me up" they probably might not take it and respond to that BUT they will KNOW you care and slowly, step by step they might open up? maybe it will take a lot of time, but showing them, letting them know, means a lot.

just don´t push them and don´t take it as your failure if they don´t respond. no one is perfect and you are trying, learning and improving ♥
I DID IT I DID IT!!!! I TALKED TO THEM
 

Areum

Seongwha's Wife
.
Joined
5 January 2021
Messages
5,947
Reactions Received
14,469
Location
- ATEEZ's studio
Website
www.instagram.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
139
Fandom
Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/#1 ATINY
Ship
I've tried speaking to them but I just couldn't open my mouth for some reason. One day I walked into class to see them crying at their desk and it was so heartbreaking to see all these people surrounding them and just saying horrible things to them
Have you tried texting/leaving a note? That could help since you seem shy
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Villains

Villains

#1 JOOYEON FAN
.
Joined
2 March 2021
Messages
23,306
Reactions Received
28,173
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,504
Fandom
Villain
Ship
how did it go?
It actually went really well, this one guy came up to them and said "Hey girl, I mean guy. Are you single cause I'm gay now and you look cute." And it pissed me off so much so once that kid left I spoke to them and told them that I support them and asked them their pronouns as well :DD
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread