COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Seolhyun returns to social media after several month hiatus (1 Viewer)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
She was gone ever since the Jimin scandal, I think almost every AOA member stopped posting on Instagram. Chanmi returned a little while earlier quietly, Yuna left the company and now finally Seolhyun seems to have made her comeback with 3 IG posts.

Taeyeon wrote a message of support in her comments. EXID Jeonghwa also liked the pic.

She was shooting for a drama which was on hold due to Covid, it finally seems to have wrapped up.

Netizen reaction seems to be mixed, of course with Seolhyun being Jimin's bff, a lot of people speculated how much she knew, whether she stayed silent or ignored, or wasn't as involved. Regardless, she wasn't the one Mina really blamed for her suffering, I hope Seolhyun is able to make a comeback as an entertainer.

@Elvis

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Bit&Tony
in my opinion, it's wrong to have done that...I thought she was innocent it's just so sad that it happened tho.. 1 question did she do the drama because I'm not sure anymore.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
in my opinion, it's wrong to have done that...I thought she was innocent it's just so sad that it happened tho.. 1 question did she do the drama because I'm not sure anymore.
Yeah she was already shooting for the drama when shit went down, but the production was on hold due to Covid. It finally resumed and finished, so the drama should release soon :sanapray:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Bit&Tony
Yeah she was already shooting for the drama when shit went down, but the production was on hold due to Covid. It finally resumed and finished, so the drama should release soon :sanapray:
*sign* dang just hope they get along now...*probably won't but hopefully*:sanapray:

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
The whole situation for me just left me feeling weird about the other members and that still has persisted really as past the initial accusations there was Mina saying they're all the same and also her unfollowing Chanmi and Seolhyun specifically so it's just hard to know how to feel about the other members who weren't directly involved

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
The whole situation for me just left me feeling weird about the other members and that still has persisted really as past the initial accusations there was Mina saying they're all the same and also her unfollowing Chanmi and Seolhyun specifically so it's just hard to know how to feel about the other members who weren't directly involved
Yeah it's hard to really know, and ofc we don't know inter group dynamics so it's hard to guess how the other members were around Jimin and each other. Mina initially did speak good of some members but later blamed them too, and she was obviously coming from a place of hurt, so it's tough to really say who did what.
Ofc with Seolhyun being Jimin's longtime bff, it gets a little sus.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
sorry she looks good idc

it's hard for me to hate pretty women.

Fall Out Of Chair GIFs | Tenor
My feelings for her are still pretty conflicted :yolk:
I hope she does well going forward though.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Yeah it's hard to really know, and ofc we don't know inter group dynamics so it's hard to guess how the other members were around Jimin and each other. Mina initially did speak good of some members but later blamed them too, and she was obviously coming from a place of hurt, so it's tough to really say who did what.
Ofc with Seolhyun being Jimin's longtime bff, it gets a little sus.
Well after doing some research as my memory isn't fresh on the subject anymore and I found an article from Soompi where Mina described in more detail what happened when they visited.

She described Seolhyun as just wanting the situation over with basically and accused Chanmi of being two faced in that she'd take Minas side when Jimin wasn't around but would be team Jimin when she was and unfollowed them first because she considered these the actions of a bystander.

She did also describe that Yuna did sincerely care for her even if she didn't stand up for her and that Hyejeong did call out Jimin on her excuse of not remembering and asked her to give Mina a proper apology but Mina ended up unfollowing them as well because she just wanted to be done with AOA as a whole.

Here's the article

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I just hope that people will not bully and harass her, because they might perpetuate the cycle. She doesn't deserve to be bullied even if she didnt help Mina in my opinion

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Well after doing some research as my memory isn't fresh on the subject anymore and I found an article from Soompi where Mina described in more detail what happened when they visited.

She described Seolhyun as just wanting the situation over with basically and accused Chanmi of being two faced in that she'd take Minas side when Jimin wasn't around but would be team Jimin when she was and unfollowed them first because she considered these the actions of a bystander.

She did also describe that Yuna did sincerely care for her even if she didn't stand up for her and that Hyejeong did call out Jimin on her excuse of not remembering and asked her to give Mina a proper apology but Mina ended up unfollowing them as well because she just wanted to be done with AOA as a whole.

Here's the article
Personally I think Chanmi being the youngest was just scared of offending Jimin when she was around due to how the seniority hierarchy goes in Korea, and Seolhyun I think probably wanted things to just remain smooth and not get involved in the interpersonal conflicts.
It's hard to know how much each member was aware of the extent to which Jimin bullied Mina or the effect it might have had on her, had they been closer, someone would have probably paid more attention.

Still, Hyejeong and Yuna do seem like the 2 who looked out the most for her. With Seolhyun and Chanmi, I don't think they were necessarily pro-Jimin or anti-Mina, but more looking out for themselves.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
My feelings for her are still pretty conflicted :yolk:
I hope she does well going forward though.
right like what she did was wrong but she's so pretty.

i have the same feelings towards irene, but hers is kinda different considering she apologized and it seems like a lot of her stylists have said that she's a sweetheart so idk.

all in all, just, pretty women :pepeheart:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
right like what she did was wrong but she's so pretty.

i have the same feelings towards irene, but hers is kinda different considering she apologized and it seems like a lot of her stylists have said that she's a sweetheart so idk.

all in all, just, pretty women :pepeheart:
Yeah but like if it were Seolhyun in Jimin's shoes, she'd def be cancelled for me :wimwim:
Like I don't mind Irene even tho she might have been an asshole one time but bullying someone to the point of suicide is something else entirely. But I don't hold Seolhyun directly responsible for that so I don't like hate her or anything.
Jimin was my bias for years in AOA so when it all came out, I was just :yolk:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yeah but like if it were Seolhyun in Jimin's shoes, she'd def be cancelled for me :wimwim:
Like I don't mind Irene even tho she might have been an asshole one time but bullying someone to the point of suicide is something else entirely. But I don't hold Seolhyun directly responsible for that so I don't like hate her or anything.
Jimin was my bias for years in AOA so when it all came out, I was just :yolk:
oh yeah no definitely, if Seolhyun was in jimins shoes I wouldn't be doing the same shit that im doing right now. it's just that with seolhyun, it's really vague when it comes to how much she was involved.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
oh yeah no definitely, if Seolhyun was in jimins shoes I wouldn't be doing the same shit that im doing right now. it's just that with seolhyun, it's really vague when it comes to how much she was involved.
Yeah this is why I still wish her well and hope Knetz don't gang up on her :sanapray:
She's getting support from big names like Taeyeon and many of the comments are also positive so I'm hopeful :pikahappy:

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Personally I think Chanmi being the youngest was just scared of offending Jimin when she was around due to how the seniority hierarchy goes in Korea, and Seolhyun I think probably wanted things to just remain smooth and not get involved in the interpersonal conflicts.
It's hard to know how much each member was aware of the extent to which Jimin bullied Mina or the effect it might have had on her, had they been closer, someone would have probably paid more attention.

Still, Hyejeong and Yuna do seem like the 2 who looked out the most for her. With Seolhyun and Chanmi, I don't think they were necessarily pro-Jimin or anti-Mina, but more looking out for themselves.
Yeah it does seem the most likely scenario and I think it just comes down to whether you can respect someone who thinks about themself in a situation like that which I think for me personally the answer is no.

I'm not going to fault Yuna for just not standing up to Jimin as their is the age hierarchy to consider and she was there for Mina in other ways and Hyejeong did try and did seem close to Mina before all this came out as they had that picture of them hanging out together.

I don't think Chanmi and Seolhyuns careers should be over but I just can't act like a fan of theirs with this kind of perspective on them.

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Still don't know how to feel about her and most of the members tbh. But I don't want her to get a massive amount of hate for what her friend did

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv
I'm conflicted on how much the other members knew, and whether they participated in the bullying and/or willingly allowed it to slide. But Seolhyun returning doesn't affect me, and hopefully it won't affect Mina either. I never want jimin to show her face again though. That bitch can remain in the abyss for all I care.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread