Serious question: What do you think a "friend" is? (1 Viewer)

Joined
25 February 2019
Messages
1,009
Reactions Received
3,554
Location
SHINee Academy
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
As the school year for me comes to an end, and I move on to my senior year...I've been thinking about what makes someone a friend. I guess there's basic stuff like; you have something in common with them or your personalities just "click", but then people will set up guidelines for what a friend REALLY is and what a friend ISNT (ex. "friends don't tear down other friends", "friends shouldn't be too controlling" blah blah blah yknow). I think a big thing for me that probably explains why I don't really consider the people around me to be a "real" friend, is that I've noticed how they react to me when I'm in a bad place. I've had one friend sit there and let two girls talk bad about me for DAYS and would only tell me what they said after they were done shit-talking, I had another stand there while I was being insulted by a bunch of guys, and I even had two in the same dang room let a girl talk about me, tell me what she said, and then try to instigate a fight out of the whole situation.

So I guess what I'm saying is, part of being a friend is sticking up for each other. Not only when the person is there, but when they're not around.
 
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
2,294
Reactions Received
10,938
Location
Neo City
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Wreck
For me, I think a friend is someone who is loyal to you and will respect you and your interests, but also makes you comfortable being around them.
 

Wicked

Loaded Granny Cane Incoming!
.
.
Joined
4 September 2018
Messages
4,702
Reactions Received
16,711
Location
Old Folk's Home
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5,552
Fandom
ARMY/Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
A friend is someone who will stay with you no matter what happens. Especially after high school ends and people start drifting apart. A friend is also someone who will always have your back and allow you to feel safe with them. Etc.

A friend isn't passively sitting there letting you be miserable. That's just an acquaintance.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,271
Reactions Received
76,672
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,950
Ship
Wreck
Part of being a friend is being there for them through good times but also bad times without expecting anything out of it, but also for me you should know when to be honest since a good friend wouldn't let you walk down a bad path just because they're too afraid of the consequences of saying something.
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
A friend is someone who has seen you at your worst but still believes in you. Someone who'll sacrifice their time, sometimes sleep or effort to help you. Someone who encourages you when you feel down, who can make you smile and even laugh, someone you can be yourself with.
For example these days, a friend is helping me studying. She's a translator and kind of a teacher (she's same age as I am), but even with her really busy schedule she stayed awake with me until 2AM to help me and she has offered to help me every night.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jasque

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
Someone that is good talking to without it feeling like an obligation.

So yeah, it's something very scarce :pepesmug:
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
  • Haha
Reactions: jasque

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread