So let's talk about their 7th studio album. It's one of my favourite SHINee albums.
I love the title track, it does remind me of NCT 127 but SHINee is a league of their own and do boy-crush concept way better. The rest of the album really shows why SHINee is lasting so long. While mainly classic "SM buys English demos and Koreanize them"-pop, it's still diverse enough not to stick to that signature NCT sound that's, frankly, becoming a bit boring.
Majority of the songs did end up on my playlist, so here's the final verdict:
My absolute fav is CODE. It's such a Taemin track and I feel so sexy while listening to it. The instrumental is majestic and the electronic parts are pure heaven. Vocally, Onew outshines, but that's to expect.
My second fav is Body Rhythm. Lately, I've been diggin reggaeton songs and this is no exception. Also, I love the little vocal twists when they say rhythm and the fact that all 4 of them sing the chorus.
Next, let's talk about I Really Want You and Kiss Kiss. It's what BTS should have released instead of Dynamite. SHINee always knew how to disco up and make it retro and I'm in love with their voices in these song. I don't think I will get bored of these two songs any time soon.
There is not a bad song on this album, but Marry You didn't end up on my playlist because the chorus kind of kills the mood of the rest of the song. Attention didn't offer anything new that I didn't get from I Really Want You and Kiss Kiss. And Kind is just too slow. I know, ballads are apparently a requirement, but to me it just ruins a perfect dance-pop album.
What are your thoughts?
I love the title track, it does remind me of NCT 127 but SHINee is a league of their own and do boy-crush concept way better. The rest of the album really shows why SHINee is lasting so long. While mainly classic "SM buys English demos and Koreanize them"-pop, it's still diverse enough not to stick to that signature NCT sound that's, frankly, becoming a bit boring.
Majority of the songs did end up on my playlist, so here's the final verdict:
My absolute fav is CODE. It's such a Taemin track and I feel so sexy while listening to it. The instrumental is majestic and the electronic parts are pure heaven. Vocally, Onew outshines, but that's to expect.
My second fav is Body Rhythm. Lately, I've been diggin reggaeton songs and this is no exception. Also, I love the little vocal twists when they say rhythm and the fact that all 4 of them sing the chorus.
Next, let's talk about I Really Want You and Kiss Kiss. It's what BTS should have released instead of Dynamite. SHINee always knew how to disco up and make it retro and I'm in love with their voices in these song. I don't think I will get bored of these two songs any time soon.
There is not a bad song on this album, but Marry You didn't end up on my playlist because the chorus kind of kills the mood of the rest of the song. Attention didn't offer anything new that I didn't get from I Really Want You and Kiss Kiss. And Kind is just too slow. I know, ballads are apparently a requirement, but to me it just ruins a perfect dance-pop album.
What are your thoughts?