Appreciation Short mangas that have ridiculous, but fun concepts (1 Viewer)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
So I thought of sharing some manga's that have bit ridiculous, but kinda clever and fun concepts for me. Many of these are rather short, with just some chapters released so there won't be as much of full stories than some shorter comedic strips to read, but if someone gets interested of picking one of these up, I bet you can get finish it in no time and get bit of laughs out of it as well.

1. Gokushufudou / The Way of the House Husband




Member of Yakuza gets married, leaves the yakuza and becomes "normal" house husband with his days filled of cleaning, making dinners for his wife and other house chores- as well as occasional run-ins to former gang members and rival gangs. It's quite hilarious comedy and slice-of-life manga who finds it's humor from disparity between being yakuza and house"wife".

So far released: 24 chapters

2. Ojisama to Neko / Uncle and kitten



Fukumaru is getting depressed at pet shop, always the little kittens being picked and him just growing bigger (and uglier) and not getting picked by anyone. Until one day his lucky changes and older man comes and to his surprise ends up buying him. From this point on the story goes forward being rather heartwarming and simple slice-of-life of new cat owner and his cat and all kind of funny and cute situations can rise of that. And some how the mangaka decided to draw the older man like absolute dilf and have all the human cast lust after him, but.. let's not complain about that one xd

So far released: 15 chapters

3. Harem Manga no Shujinkou daga Douseiaisha nano de Mainichi ga Tsurai / I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay So Every Day Is Hell for Me




That's one long title, but I don't think this could been captured any better than that. School boy has questionable luck and for some reason all kinds of harem and ecchi cliches keep happening to him, no matter he says or does the all girls of his class keep falling in love with him. The problem being to him- that he's gay and he wouldn't be less interested, especially when this gets in his way of actually meeting and talking to guys he's interested at. Obviously- this one is comedy that makes fun of all kinds of romance, harem and ecchi tropes animes have.

So far released: 1 (?) / one shot, sadly despite quite entertaining concept, this one wasn't really followed through and left with just one or two chapters for now.

4. I Used to Be the Strongest Sorcerer. Then I Took an Arrow in the Knee and Became a Village Guard




Pretty sure the name is Skyrim reference. Our protagonist is one of the powerful adventurers of his world, but then his knee gets hit by an arrow and this injury ends up to him becoming guardsman in small village. Despite his knee injury, the protagonist stays pretty overpowered and stays solving the issues the village has with monsters and such on. Genres would be fantasy, comedy and adventure for this one.

@Rukia posted thread about this one bit earlier, but decided to include it anyways :d

So far released: 13 chapters
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Last edited:
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
And ofc my anime tag list, almost forgot, i should really make more anime threads ^^; :

@LeeriaYa @Nightshade @Cosmo @Reo @emanresu @Lovely_Cornchips @SuddenlyKfan @Mangoey @la_mort_pour_vous @Tpse @Ozymandias @Blacklily96 @4Ren @Soogi @lexusuwu @Kazumi @notthatmarko @baekk @colorfulteardrop @JungYoda @NogaNono @SaviorTXT @Soleski @TwentyOneJongdae also please tell if you want into or out of the anime tag list.. or if you have changed your name)
Yoda is now @StarWarsBitch
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Joined
10 November 2018
Messages
4,566
Reactions Received
27,371
Location
Eden
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
And ofc my anime tag list, almost forgot, i should really make more anime threads ^^; :

@LeeriaYa @Nightshade @Cosmo @Reo @emanresu @Lovely_Cornchips @SuddenlyKfan @Mangoey @la_mort_pour_vous @Tpse @Ozymandias @Blacklily96 @4Ren @Soogi @lexusuwu @Kazumi @notthatmarko @baekk @colorfulteardrop @StarWarsBitch @NogaNono @SaviorTXT @Soleski @TwentyOneJongdae also please tell if you want into or out of the anime tag list.. or if you have changed your name)
can I be added please :sakUwu:
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
can I be added please :sakUwu:
Sure! :pikahappy:

Ojisama to Neko sounds like something I'd really like to read. Imma get on it (maybe at work, during lunch break lol). Thanks for the recommendations!
It's pretty cute and heartwarming :d and it seems like it still receives some updates, though not often
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
The first two have been in my plan-to-read list for a while now lol.
They are quite quick reads right now, not lot of chapters to go on and the chapters that there are, are pretty short too ^^ When you have time to read sth bit funny and light-hearted i recommend those two for sure.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,782
Reactions Received
6,809
Location
StarlightGalaxy
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
They are quite quick reads right now, not lot of chapters to go on and the chapters that there are, are pretty short too ^^ When you have time to read sth bit funny and light-hearted i recommend those two for sure.
I don't really read manga that much but I will read them sometime.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I don't really read manga that much but I will read them sometime.
I'm quite same, i think I pretty much read just couple chapters per month and mostly just series I already follow, it's quite rare when I read new manga ^^
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Lol I took a multi hour nap and you're at 99 already :nakypog:

I might check out the gay guy in a harem setting manga lol, looks like the most fun XD

Read In Full Bloom next :sakUwu:
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Lol I took a multi hour nap and you're at 99 already :nakypog:

I might check out the gay guy in a harem setting manga lol, looks like the most fun XD

Read In Full Bloom next :sakUwu:
You really are taking those naps often.. getting old there, senpai? :sakUwu:

It's really funny, too bad it just has couple chapters, it seems more in concept level than real manga at this point. I'd love if the mangaka really made couple volumes out of it at least, i think lot of weebs would find it hilarious.

Probably, I mean my plan to read is pretty much that and Houseki no Kuni at the moment ^^;
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
You really are taking those naps often.. getting old there, senpai? :sakUwu:

It's really funny, too bad it just has couple chapters, it seems more in concept level than real manga at this point. I'd love if the mangaka really made couple volumes out of it at least, i think lot of weebs would find it hilarious.

Probably, I mean my plan to read is pretty much that and Houseki no Kuni at the moment ^^;
I sleep way less than you at night though maybe I'm still younger in some ways :sakUwu:

Did you just do a random search to come up with these or what?
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I sleep way less than you at night though maybe I'm still younger in some ways :sakUwu:

Did you just do a random search to come up with these or what?
Ah staying up late at night like teenager huh :sakUwu:

Or maybe I just deal with staying late without the need of naps? ^^;

Well I have read all of these, and keep up with some that still seem to have updates once a while. But originally, I think I found about most from tumblr, well three of them actually and my little brother told me about the last one (he doesn't like anime that much so he just reads tons of manga which is pretty much opposite i do xd).
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Ah staying up late at night like teenager huh :sakUwu:

Or maybe I just deal with staying late without the need of naps? ^^;

Well I have read all of these, and keep up with some that still seem to have updates once a while. But originally, I think I found about most from tumblr, well three of them actually and my little brother told me about the last one (he doesn't like anime that much so he just reads tons of manga which is pretty much opposite i do xd).
This is a weekly nap after 6 days of less sleep so there :sakUwu:
Do you set an alarm for 4 hours later only to wake up 30 mins earlier every time though :joysip:

Lol your brother's smart. Animes are painful to follow these days, mangas are where it's at :queen:
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries
Joined
18 March 2019
Messages
873
Reactions Received
2,138
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
The first and second stand out to me, I will check them out when I have time. (The panel for the first one, lol, that got my attention. xD) Great thread, thanks ^^
 
  • Love
Reactions: blueberries

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread