Should all soloists write their own lyrics? (1 Viewer)

Joined
21 November 2018
Messages
203
Reactions Received
788
Location
Loonaverse
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
If the company lets them ofc but if they have freedom to write their own lyrics do you think they should write at least 1 song per album?

I think when idols go solo they should write at least 1 song per album. If it's a full album maybe 2 or 3?

Even if someone is not that good in writing lyrics I think 1 song wouldn't be too much to ask for. What do you think?

I used to care only about me liking someone's voice. Like if a song is a bop I'll love it.

But later on I started to appreciate songs that were written by idols much more and I ended loving them more even if songs weren't that addictive.

I think that the coolest thing you can do as soloist is telling your story through their music.

It's like even if 1 song on the album that was written by idol is not a bop people will still appreciate it.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Well I like artistry and artists expressing themselves with music, but I don't think it's something required? Not everyone is skilled like that. Same with groups for me.
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,399
Reactions Received
151,412
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I dont see why anyone should dictate what an idol does, if they want to write their own stuff, great, but I dont see an issue with them choosing not to. Some might chose to express their artistry through their choreography, or maybe they just want to be able to be the center of attention, who knows.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
it‘s s tricky question to answer. Since I am into Korean Hip Hop I am used to the rappers writing their own lyrics and letting out their own thoughts. I do think a real rapper at least needs to write their own lyrics since that is their craft to begin with. Normal soloists are another story. In the american music scene not everyone is writing their own lyrics so that makes me think that for singers it‘s not necessary
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I don't think it's a must for an artist, it can make the song more personal but if they'd rather let others write their songs then I think that's fine. It doesn't make me like the song less if they don't write their own lyrics.
 
Joined
21 November 2018
Messages
203
Reactions Received
788
Location
Loonaverse
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
In the american music scene not everyone is writing their own lyrics so that makes me think that for singers it‘s not necessary
Yeah, it's not. I just like seeing when they do write lyrics. (Like Sunmi's songs are much better than Teddy's imo) and I'm so happy she wrote her lyrics (+someone else but I forgot who) I see many people being happy that she didn't have a comeback with Teddy's song.

Teddy's songs are good don't get me wrong. Buuut I like her songs more :pepeheart:
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Yeah, it's not. I just like seeing when they do write lyrics. (Like Sunmi's songs are much better than Teddy's imo) and I'm so happy she wrote her lyrics (+someone else but I forgot who) I see many people being happy that she didn't have a comeback with Teddy's song.

Teddy's songs are good don't get me wrong. Buuut I like her songs more :pepeheart:
for me it‘s different lol. I loved her first stuff and Gashina. But Heroine and Siren were not to my liking. I do appreciate her doing her own thing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sory and Loona

Kamistar

I'm gonna be a star
.
Joined
23 June 2021
Messages
7,244
Reactions Received
18,851
Location
Jessicaland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22
Fandom
Exo-L
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
  • Haha
Reactions: Tickita

Kamistar

I'm gonna be a star
.
Joined
23 June 2021
Messages
7,244
Reactions Received
18,851
Location
Jessicaland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22
Fandom
Exo-L
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
  • Haha
Reactions: Tickita

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread