New MV 汪苏泷 Silence Wang (starring i-dle YUQI (우기)) - 写故事的人 (Ghostwriter) | Official Music Video (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,184
Reactions Received
53,022
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
175,479
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male

汪苏泷 Silence Wang (starring i-dle YUQI (우기)) - 写故事的人 (Ghostwriter) | Official Music Video
@Neverland
I dont think i ever heard of this male singer but vaguely think he's somebody, maybe im wrong[/ISPOILER]
​

 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Selfmate
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,184
Reactions Received
53,022
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
175,479
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
@LoveYooShaSha

the lyrics of song is about unrequited love as told through the metaphor of writing a book

I've never heard of the singer either since I'm only interested in Yuqi lol
If u watched the MV which I did after I posted n questioned u, its quite sad but its(the song) not evocative much if u don't understand the words/metaphor in mandarin(I'm totally clueless unless it's basic or understandable in context, thru the basic words i know)

I was thinking of my my fave Mandarin song which I only heard once when I finished high school n worked before my next step: Wang Chieh's I Chang Meng [一场游戏一场梦(电影《黄色故事》插曲) - 王杰] n NELL'S 'Timewalking through memories' - my fave korean song of all time(but as sung by Taeyeon, either in concert, or yoo heeyeol show or in begin again; also on an album but I also hvnt spent money on kpop unless u count briefly Spotify premium). The power of these 2 songs is tat I don't understand Korean n 1st time I heard it I dint understand other-than-rlly-basic Mandarin but it stuck with me for I think 25~30 yrs tho I may hv been told the title by a friend bk then n I repeated in my head the refrain till it stayed with me. The line 'Wei so me taught pie li' was ingrained deep in my memory until it resurfaced ard 2017 or earlier when I tried to sing it @karaoke but I couldn't write the title LOL.

tldr this song isn't evocative the same way but i love yuqi's singing in it

edit I hate IG not hvg exact dates in embeds
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Selfmate
Joined
13 January 2023
Messages
50,730
Reactions Received
55,575
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
286,333
If u watched the MV which I did after I posted n questioned u, its quite sad but its(the song) not evocative much if u don't understand the words/metaphor in mandarin(I'm totally clueless unless it's basic or understandable in context, thru the basic words i know)

I was thinking of my my fave Mandarin song which I only heard once when I finished high school n worked before my next step: Wang Chieh's I Chang Meng [一场游戏一场梦(电影《黄色故事》插曲) - 王杰] n NELL'S 'Timewalking through memories' - my fave korean song of all time(but as sung by Taeyeon, either in concert, or yoo heeyeol show or in begin again; also on an album but I also hvnt spent money on kpop unless u count briefly Spotify premium). The power of these 2 songs is tat I don't understand Korean n 1st time I heard it I dint understand other-than-rlly-basic Mandarin but it stuck with me for I think 25~30 yrs tho I may hv been told the title by a friend bk then n I repeated in my head the refrain till it stayed with me. The line 'Wei so me taught pie li' was ingrained deep in my memory until it resurfaced ard 2017 or earlier when I tried to sing it @karaoke but I couldn't write the title LOL.

tldr this song isn't evocative the same way but i love yuqi's singing in it

edit I hate IG not hvg exact dates in embeds
I did listen to it and it is a sad song hence the unrequited love bit

also NELL'S 'Timewalking through memories' I really like that song as well it's been covered by many people and it's always so good

EDIT: wait she doesn't sing in the song??? @ what part does she sing in the song??? she's merely there to act no?
 
  • Love
Reactions: LoveYooShaSha
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,184
Reactions Received
53,022
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
175,479
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
I did listen to it and it is a sad song hence the unrequited love bit

also NELL'S 'Timewalking through memories' I really like that song as well it's been covered by many people and it's always so good

EDIT: wait she doesn't sing in the song??? @ what part does she sing in the song??? she's merely there to act no?
If u mean yuqi she sings as the main character. If u mean taeyeon she sings a cover of the song. It was original by NELL n quite well-known by korean gp n covered by others too. But I first discovered it as covered by taeyeon.

Nit sure wat u mean by merely to act" tho. The MV/song is quite long so if u dint watch the entire mv understandable, ending is must see tho quite zombie-apocalypse predictable-only so many ways to go which is why zombie-trend comes n goes. Ppl get unsurprised then later new generation unknowing are surprised but yeah only limited outcomes/stringing along the viewer/consumer.still quite effective mv to me n ofc yuqi is fantastic in it.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Selfmate
Joined
13 January 2023
Messages
50,730
Reactions Received
55,575
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
286,333
If u mean yuqi she sings as the main character. If u mean taeyeon she sings a cover of the song. It was original by NELL n quite well-known by korean gp n covered by others too. But I first discovered it as covered by taeyeon.

Nit sure wat u mean by merely to act" tho. The MV/song is quite long so if u dint watch the entire mv understandable, ending is must see tho quite zombie-apocalypse predictable-only so many ways to go which is why zombie-trend comes n goes. Ppl get unsurprised then later new generation unknowing are surprised but yeah only limited outcomes/stringing along the viewer/consumer.still quite effective mv to me n ofc yuqi is fantastic in it.
in the song you posted
Ghostwriter by Silence Wang - Yuqi doesn't sing in the song - she merely acts and doesn't sing - I could be mistaken (but I did watch the whole thing) though hence the if you think she sang @ what part do you think she sang?
 
  • Wow
Reactions: LoveYooShaSha
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,184
Reactions Received
53,022
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
175,479
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
in the song you posted
Ghostwriter by Silence Wang - Yuqi doesn't sing in the song - she merely acts and doesn't sing - I could be mistaken (but I did watch the whole thing) though hence the if you think she sang @ what part do you think she sang?
I think I heard her sing when the guy is separated from her n im listening to 4:18 now n sounds like a girls vocals but maybe its him.need a performance video maybe.

edit relistening from earlier its same voice just very female sounding (in parts, to me-if listen not from beginning) so ur probably(almost certainly) right its not yuqi but silence singing all the way start to finish. I think I hvnt heard yuqi sing any Mandarin songs unless I forgotten.
 
Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Selfmate
Joined
13 January 2023
Messages
50,730
Reactions Received
55,575
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
286,333
I think I heard her sing when the guy is separated from her n im listening to 4:18 now n sounds like a girls vocals but maybe its him.need a performance video maybe.

edit relistening from earlier its same voice just very female sounding (in parts, to me-if listen not from beginning) so ur probably(almost certainly) right its not yuqi but silence singing all the way start to finish. I think I hvnt heard yuqi sing any Mandarin songs unless I forgotten.
have you heard her sing MO (Chinese version)



plus she sings maybe songs in Chinese
 
  • Love
Reactions: LoveYooShaSha
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,184
Reactions Received
53,022
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
175,479
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
have you heard her sing MO (Chinese version)



.....
Only heard the English(or watever original is)


....
plus she sings maybe songs in Chinese
maybe=many(?)

i'mma fan of yuqi(n gidle) but I love her on variety/reality shows more than her Mandarin song(s) I watched her on Runninv man China n a survivor type Korean reality show(sadly only a few episodes subbed so only watched subbed ones) n I can't rmbr maybe her or shuhua on an episode of Taiwan variety/reality show. No time otherwise to watch/listen everything so hv to prioritise/don't search out everything only wat I come across or currently interested in.

I rlly anticipate a great future for yuqi either in China or sk as a variety/host/mc or even comedic personality/actress but not sure if she can thrive in her home country(her outspokenness - out of boundaries persona cf f*n b*ngb*ng hiatus is its t*x ev*s**n but its a worry/concern I hv if yuqi might fall foul for other factors) or she could migrate to where jet li lives now if she relocates to S.E.A(tho it's opposite, S.E.A or Taiwan celebs sought to break into China market). I don't quite see yuqi doing same as victoria/Cheng xiao/yiren/mei qi or can lu bk in her home, could be or its a coin toss(to me its 50/50 chance she could do great or not so great)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Selfmate
Joined
13 January 2023
Messages
50,730
Reactions Received
55,575
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
286,333
Only heard the English(or watever original is)



maybe=many(?)

i'mma fan of yuqi(n gidle) but I love her on variety/reality shows more than her Mandarin song(s) I watched her on Runninv man China n a survivor type Korean reality show(sadly only a few episodes subbed so only watched subbed ones) n I can't rmbr maybe her or shuhua on an episode of Taiwan variety/reality show. No time otherwise to watch/listen everything so hv to prioritise/don't search out everything only wat I come across or currently interested in.

I rlly anticipate a great future for yuqi either in China or sk as a variety/host/mc or even comedic personality/actress but not sure if she can thrive in her home country(her outspokenness - out of boundaries persona cf f*n b*ngb*ng hiatus is its t*x ev*s**n but its a worry/concern I hv if yuqi might fall foul for other factors) or she could migrate to where jet li lives now if she relocates to S.E.A(tho it's opposite, S.E.A or Taiwan celebs sought to break into China market). I don't quite see yuqi doing same as victoria/Cheng xiao/yiren/mei qi or can lu bk in her home, could be or its a coin toss(to me its 50/50 chance she could do great or not so great)
yeah and when I said maybe I meant many lol

I really like her in variety content as well - I've watched most of her Keep Running shows

The question for me is whether she transitions into acting or remains singer/variety only
 
  • Love
Reactions: LoveYooShaSha
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,184
Reactions Received
53,022
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
175,479
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
yeah and when I said maybe I meant many lol

I really like her in variety content as well - I've watched most of her Keep Running shows

The question for me is whether she transitions into acting or remains singer/variety only
I doubt her going into acting full time like Victoria(Song is she related?) for various reasons, she could do so much successfully as a member of gidle/solo either in korea or in China or regionally or all 3 or a mix. Pusher looks aren't as stunning as Song qian or other successful actors in China, sad to say I love her personality n her looks but she's not visually appealing aesthetically. Plus she would need to study acting full time or take time away from mysic/performing/being her comedic self on stag(literally n figuratively ie on watever platform she she finds herself in/on-internet or youtube shows n such. Or she could open a kpop training academy if she could stop being an attemtion-ĥound or be a judge/trainer if there's still singing/talent shows in future. Possibilities there. But I'm doubtful if being actress is likely(too much competition/time needed to study/practise acting/perform overall)

also if she acts in cdrama I'm unlikely to understand/consume due to her being a part of the show only. Too many clichés n others who I might probably not be interested in.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Selfmate
Joined
13 January 2023
Messages
50,730
Reactions Received
55,575
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
286,333
I doubt her going into acting full time like Victoria(Song is she related?) for various reasons, she could do so much successfully as a member of gidle/solo either in korea or in China or regionally or all 3 or a mix. Pusher looks aren't as stunning as Song qian or other successful actors in China, sad to say I love her personality n her looks but she's not visually appealing aesthetically. Plus she would need to study acting full time or take time away from mysic/performing/being her comedic self on stag(literally n figuratively ie on watever platform she she finds herself in/on-internet or youtube shows n such. Or she could open a kpop training academy if she could stop being an attemtion-ĥound or be a judge/trainer if there's still singing/talent shows in future. Possibilities there. But I'm doubtful if being actress is likely(too much competition/time needed to study/practise acting/perform overall)

also if she acts in cdrama I'm unlikely to understand/consume due to her being a part of the show only. Too many clichés n others who I might probably not be interested in.
I think if she dips her toes in acting it would be smaller roles initially and more comedic in general as opposed to lead role or something serious

no Victoria and her are not related lol
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread