- Joined
- 27 August 2018
- Messages
- 71,396
- Reactions Received
- 151,406
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 129,603
- Fandom
- Lex stan
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- she/her
- Ship
- Wreck
Some time back I made a thread about how whaling is illegal in Oklahoma, and now I’ve decided to do this for the whole US
I’ll start in the northeast, and make my way south and then west, with Hawaii and Alaska at the end, and for each state, I’ll share laws that are pretty silly, or at least sound silly at first glance. Most of these laws will probably not actually be enforced, most likely they’ll be stuff that no one has gotten around to repealing yet. But they’ll hopefully still be funny.
For Maine, we’ve got some law that definitely sounds silly or oddly specific.
Law 1: It is illegal to blow your nose in public in Waterville, Maine.
That would make a funny news story ngl. Can someone do this and can a police officer enforce that? For the lols
Law 2: Advertisements can not be placed in cemeteries.
So much lost potential
A graveyard would be a good spot for safety equipment ads. Or a funeral home (not really ofc, that would be a terrible place to advertise)
Law 3: it is illegal to step out of a plane mid flight.
I mean, I think you may have bigger issues than that if you do step out of a plane mid flight, but this isn’t on my to do list anywhere, so I’m cool with it.
Law 4: In Rumford, Maine, it is illegal to bite your landlord.
Like fair enough, but I feel like there’s a story behind this
Also if anyone wants to be tagged for future versions, let me know and I’ll add you to a tag list
For Maine, we’ve got some law that definitely sounds silly or oddly specific.
Law 1: It is illegal to blow your nose in public in Waterville, Maine.
That would make a funny news story ngl. Can someone do this and can a police officer enforce that? For the lols
Law 2: Advertisements can not be placed in cemeteries.
So much lost potential
Law 3: it is illegal to step out of a plane mid flight.
I mean, I think you may have bigger issues than that if you do step out of a plane mid flight, but this isn’t on my to do list anywhere, so I’m cool with it.
Law 4: In Rumford, Maine, it is illegal to bite your landlord.
Like fair enough, but I feel like there’s a story behind this
Also if anyone wants to be tagged for future versions, let me know and I’ll add you to a tag list